• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

realcZk

yeah was not impressed with raid AR (mostly due to strong recoil, if it had perf. balance/braced frame id consider keeping) or handcannon, used them to infuse other weapons
handcannon actually rolled firefly but it can't hit the broad side of a barn from 2 inches away, that range nerf hits it too hard

Ambitious

CPlbBrnWEAAUZDp.jpg:large

All quests done.

radiohead1

Neo Member
So I just hit 280 and was coming on to see if anybody wanted to do the Nightfall, but now I'm reading about the Black Spindle!

If anybody needs somebody for their fireteam for the Black Spindle mission, I'd like to give it a go! I'm only 280 if that is OK.

PSN = dorssom.

Deku Tree

So is the only way to get the Black Spindle by doing the daily story mission today?
The mission on the director doesn't work?
Secret challenge modes are cool...

noomi

How do you get exotic swords?

1. Get legendary sword
2. fully level it, and infuse to 280 attack
3. talk to shaxx
4. prepare anus for the most annoying & tedious quests in the game
5. Wait for arms day (wednesday)
6. do another quest
7. exotic sword

The raid fusion rifle is shit. If you ever get it, don't even bother keeping it. Just infuse it on to your favorite special weapon.

I haven't received a single special weapon from the raid yet, would keep the shotgun, but the fusion rifle is going right into my herafter or chaperone.

Btw i love the way it sounds. Oh and now i have a craving for gorgonzola with steak.

Oh man, does it sound different from the BM1.0?

Sheeeeiiiitttt

Shots on
oryx's
chest don't count as precision shots though.

Ah that's right, will be super good for the
Ogres and Echo though!

All quests done.

Now get to work on your alts! :p

SheHateMe

Well FUCK.

I won't be able to get this. I get off at 10 PM tonight, my light level is 250, and I don't know anyone that will need to do this that'll do it with me.

Sorry, Black Spindle. I hardly knew 'ye.

1. Get legendary sword
2. fully level it, and infuse to 280 attack
3. talk to shaxx
4. prepare anus for the most annoying & tedious quests in the game
5. Wait for arms day (wednesday)
6. do another quest
7. exotic sword

I haven't received a single special weapon from the raid yet, would keep the shotgun, but the fusion rifle is going right into my herafter or chaperone.

Oh man, does it sound different from the BM1.0?

Sheeeeiiiitttt

Ah that's right, will be super good for the
Ogres and Echo though!

Oh I think I have the quest, 50 major kills 25 guardian kills yeah?

DNAbro

So is the only way to get the Black Spindle by doing the daily story mission today?
The mission on the director doesn't work?
Secret challenge modes are cool...

Apparently no. You can just choose the heroic version of mission.

Who is going to look back for in heroic versions for other exotics? No Time to Explain may be hidden like that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If the raid hand cannon, fusion and auto rifle suck, at least the sniper and scout are pretty good. The auto-reload feature is just amazing on the boss fights, but I do miss my Jade Rabbit overall. Tempting to infuse the raid scout into my Jade...

Well FUCK.

I won't be able to get this. I get off at 10 PM tonight, my light level is 250, and I don't know anyone that will need to do this that'll do it with me.

Do it when you're ready then from the Heroic version of the mission from the map.

Don't be sad.

Fucking hell, this is impossible. We got the boss down with a minute to spare and then STILL couldn't get all the fucking adds down in time.

noomi

If the raid hand cannon, fusion and auto rifle suck, at least the sniper and scout are pretty good. The auto-reload feature is just amazing on the boss fights, but I do miss my Jade Rabbit overall. Tempting to infuse the raid scout into my Jade...

Oh man...does it really? I was actually really looking forward to getting one :|

LiK

Well FUCK.

250 here as well. people won't play with us weaklings.

jacket320

I read an unconfirmed report that you don't have to do the daily to get it and can just do it from the 240 light mission on the map - trying now and will report back

So if you select the 240 light option it pops up with the reward of 15 marks, so I'm guessing it defaults to the daily heroic story from there. I can confirm that the door doesn't seem to open on just the regular story mission, no matter how fast you get to it to continue on with the side quest. Looks like the daily is the way to go!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So if you select the 240 light option it pops up with the reward of 15 marks, so I'm guessing it defaults to the daily heroic story from there. I can confirm that the door doesn't seem to open on just the regular story mission, no matter how fast you get to it to continue on with the side quest. Looks like the daily is the way to go!

We won't know until we try tomorrow on the regular, non-daily Heroic version of that mission. I recommend going for it today if possible but I imagine it will be possible on the non-daily Heroic as well. But it is TOUGH. I'd say probably don't bother if you're lower than 290.

Anyone still need to do the last step of the exotic sword quest? PSN: ultrajari

Ah yeah, that's what I figured was happening if you selected heroic from the map. Oh well, looks like people need to do it today to be safe!

When you say "regular" do you mean "non-daily heroic" or "non-heroic"????

Agent

Bungie succeeded in making great weapons that people want. There are so many exotics that are fun and unique.

Of course I'll take back this statement once they start nerfing. ;)

I was thinking about this last night. I am probably in the minority in thinking this, but I honestly do not miss Gjallarhorn all that much. The expansion has opened up many new load outs and guns to use that it keeps it interesting. No longer are we locked to the standard setup of Fatebringer/Vision of Confluence; Black Hammer; Gjallarhorn. Granted, we all used those setups because the bosses were sponges and we just wanted to the quickest way to beat everything.

I've probably used more variety of exotic weapons in PvE battles the last week than I have in the last 8 months.

Waldini

Only thing I want to know is ...

Can you select this mission (lets say, tommorow) and still get this weapon? Isn't there a light difference in the Heroic Daily and selecting the mission manually?

Top Bottom