• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Werd

I have a 293/292 group that needs 1 more to attempt the sniper. We only got the boss to about 50% with a 284 on first attempt though =(

X-Frame

A mod on Reddit suggested that maybe No Time To Explain is a secret exotic awarded during the new VoG "Praedyth" mission for doing something specific.

Makes perfect sense to me! Someone investigate!

Another great reason to go for Black Spindle. The exotic blue prints for it give you a 300 version, instead of the typical 280 blue prints. That means you can keep buying Black Spindles for exotic shards and glimmer to infuse other special weapons up to 300.

bitsurugi

Black Hammer 2.0 daily: So yeah, me, wicked and Gutz managed to do it with 2 mins spare time. But boy, it's hard.

We tried 2 times and failed. Tried defender first... bubble didn't help much with all the shit going on. Swapped to Sunbreaker. Better, killed the boss, we had 1 million adds left. Sniper didn't help me much, i just couldn't land those crits with him moving around and that annoying blind.

3rd time i swapped to Telesto. Bam. It's the bomb. Boss went down fast, afterwards we just supered the adds.

ocean

Banned
the only bad part of this Black Spindle business is no one is looking for exotic sword quest completions now, lol. At least there's matchmaking for that but I'm scared of randoms.
To be fair only hardcore randoms like ourselves are at that step today. It should be fine.

Same thing happened to me with Chaperone. The "kill brothers with a shotty" part went super smooth with randoms because they were, like us, the kind of people who had so quickly burnt through a long complicated quest line

What! I didn't get that option

Options are dependent upon rank. I am rank two, so each roll had two options. You can even see it showing rank 1 and 2 version as you mouse over them. I assume each rank will give you another roll option for every weapon. They better rolls seem to be the higher rank, unless you are going for a specific elemental.

ocean

Banned
Black Hammer 2.0 daily: So yeah, me, wicked and Gutz managed to do it with 2 mins spare time. But boy, it's hard.

We tried 2 times and failed. Tried defender first... bubble didn't help much with all the shit going on. Swapped to Sunbreaker. Better, killed the boss, we had 1 million adds left. Sniper didn't help me much, i just couldn't land those crits with him moving around and that annoying blind.

3rd time i swapped to Telesto. Bam. It's the bomb. Boss went down fast, afterwards we just supered the adds.
Thanks. I was wondering whether to go Defender, Sunbreaker or Nightstalker. After seeing videos, Sunbreaker looks like the safest bet for ad control and orb generation.

Daemul

I gained a new appreciation for Warlocks today, 2 of my friends were using Stormcaller when we went to get the Black Spindle and they wrecked the Taken adds, giving me loads of orbs for my Nightstalker which allowed us to get the boss down quick and get the challenge done with ease.

I will always see Warlocks as the Hunters greatest rivals, but I'm willing to admit that those smart asses have their uses at times.

Nighte

Telesto and tons of adds sure is a great combination :p

Waldini

Black Spindle thread on Reddit is gone.

I've got a gut-feeling that this weapon wasn't ment to be obtainabe just yet. Might be Bungie doing Reddit damage control?

I'll try this out someday ... it's not like this is a MUST have Exotic. Might be handy for infusing ... but thats about it. White Nail isn't what it used to be.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So what the quickest way to light level 290?(hawkian where that guide man? :p )
Here, basically anything that can get you a bunch of engrams is solid leveling, but a Vanguard Ghost ASAP, at around 285 you can do the first half of the raid and hopefully score a piece or two to nudge you upward as well.
Options are dependent upon rank. I am rank two, so each roll had two options. You can even see it showing rank 1 and 2 version as you mouse over them. I assume each rank will give you another roll option for every weapon. They better rolls seem to be the higher rank, unless you are going for a specific elemental.
Nice, that's cool.
Not when you purchase.

But when you receive
Yeah, didn't happen. I'm only rank 1.

Voror

Is there any recommended way to level up subclasses quickly? Trying to finish up Gunslinger so I can finally move on to the others.

Is just doing bounties enough along with progressing on the story which I'm still doing?

Sorry for bothering anyone with this. I think I might have asked before but didn't get an answer unless I missed it.

Does anyone know what happens if you finish the exotic sword quest today? Up until the part where you need it to be armsday. I imagine the next step will be available immediately since it's today?

lt519

It's like 350-500mb an hour including voice chat if I recall correctly.

Remember nothing in this game is stored locally. Everything you do, ever single stat, your progress, inventory, amount of precision kills you got and orbs generated everything is tracked. Very network-intensive game.

That's not too bad but with only 10GB and a two week trip I'm not entirely sure it is worth lugging around my PS4 for.

lt519

Black Spindle thread on Reddit is gone.

I've got a gut-feeling that this weapon wasn't ment to be obtainabe just yet. Might be Bungie doing Reddit damage control?

I'll try this out someday ... it's not like this is a MUST have Exotic. Might be handy for infusing ... but thats about it. White Nail isn't what it used to be.

The fact that it is a 310 sniper would make it godlike in the raid right now. It'd basically break most the encounters for the people struggling. Add in the fact that you wouldn't have to reload in DPS windows and it's even better.

nOoblet16

Gjallarhorn would take care of the boss but the adds man. The adds. They're brutal.
It would have taken care of that too, wolf pack rounds.

7 shots + 7 from synth and then the rest from whatever's lying around the room. That would have been more than enough to make short work of everything in the room. And even more so of there were three people doing the same.

I am glad that no Gjallarhorn means people experiment with different playstyle but the game cheats with cheap encounters at times you know. For example the boss spams his blinding move A LOT..like he can shoot back to back in a second repeatedly. That blinding bubble also does quite a bit of damage. Then you have the ad spam with shield and yellow bar.

The room inside is literally Omnigul part 2.0 since there is nothing protecting you there. The entire fight has to be fought from near the entrance.

Kyoufu

It would have taken care of that too, wolf pack rounds.

7 shots + 7 from synth and then the rest from whatever's lying around the room. That would have been more than enough to make short work of everything in the room. And even more so of there were three people doing the same.

Maybe, but the adds have arc/void shields as well as Cabal shields. I think Truth would be better tbh.

Top Bottom