• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Only thing I want to know is ...

Can you select this mission (lets say, tommorow) and still get this weapon? Isn't there a light difference in the Heroic Daily and selecting the mission manually?

No way to do the non-daily heroic version of this mission today, so we won't know until tomorrow.

Is the quest to kill high level patrol targets on the Dreadnaught bugged? I cant find any VIP patrols.

Didnt have any issies on the other planets. Very plentiful patrols for VIP.

PuMa

1. Get legendary sword
2. fully level it, and infuse to 280 attack
3. talk to shaxx
4. prepare anus for the most annoying & tedious quests in the game
5. Wait for arms day (wednesday)
6. do another quest
7. exotic sword

Enough of these stupid exotic quests...

lt519

Has anyone ever tried running destiny off of an LTE hotspot? I'm seeing around google that it can use up to 1 GB an hour, that is just insane for a game.

PuMa

Well FUCK.

I won't be able to get this. I get off at 10 PM tonight, my light level is 250, and I don't know anyone that will need to do this that'll do it with me.

Sorry, Black Spindle. I hardly knew 'ye.

It's been confirmed you can just do the heroic mission to get it, so no rush.

noomi

Just saw a video, looks like a whirlwind AOE attack

Go to 1:25 in this video and change the speed to .25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=88&v=Z1wdGvzj7kM

Woah.... sweet. I wonder if each type of exotic sword has a unique special attack...

Enough of these stupid exotic quests...

The Exotic Sword and Chaperone quests are by far the most difficult to complete.

Touch of malice I really enjoyed... well apart from the Hadium Flake farmind....

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I love these quests.

Way better than hoping for RNGesus to give you something you're not going to get for an entire year.

True, but I'd rather have something challenging and actual gameplay like this Black Spindle mission, than running around farming 25 flakes, then running around farming 10 rare mats with a 1/10 drop chance from resource nodes. Shit aint fun, or challening, just mind-numbing. Best you can say about it is that it's easy and you can listen to podcasts while doing it I guess.

LkPr

It's been confirmed you can just do the heroic mission to get it, so no rush.

Take that with a grain of salt.... of course today it will work on the heroic mission because it is the daily. This cannot be confirmed until tomorrow when this mission is not the daily

Kyoufu

True, but I'd rather have something challenging and actual gameplay like this Black Spindle mission, than running around farming 25 flakes, then running around farming 10 rare mats with a 1/10 drop chance from resource nodes. Shit aint fun, or challening, just mind-numbing. Best you can say about it is that it's easy and you can listen to podcasts while doing it I guess.

The final part of the sword quest is actually fun and intense, especially if everyone has different element swords.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Reddit post seemed to be deleted regarding black hammer 2.0. Is there anything special you need to do in order to get it? Or is it just to complete the daily heroic story mission?

ocean

Banned
Has anyone ever tried running destiny off of an LTE hotspot? I'm seeing around google that it can use up to 1 GB an hour, that is just insane for a game.
It's like 350-500mb an hour including voice chat if I recall correctly.

Remember nothing in this game is stored locally. Everything you do, ever single stat, your progress, inventory, amount of precision kills you got and orbs generated everything is tracked. Very network-intensive game.

jacket320

When you say "regular" do you mean "non-daily heroic" or "non-heroic"????
Non-heroic, just the regular default level 31 story that you click on the navigation map. No matter how fast I got to the door, it was still closed and the ghost would scan and give his 'it's got taken fingerprints all over it and we just missed them' message. I guess that we could have done this since TTKs release with the 240 light/heroic option but there hasn't been a reason to run the heroic version of the mission until today.

E92 M3

Oh man...does it really? I was actually really looking forward to getting one :|

I like the raid hand cannon a lot. It sounds and hits like a tank ;)

I was thinking about this last night. I am probably in the minority in thinking this, but I honestly do not miss Gjallarhorn all that much. The expansion has opened up many new load outs and guns to use that it keeps it interesting. No longer are we locked to the standard setup of Fatebringer/Vision of Confluence; Black Hammer; Gjallarhorn. Granted, we all used those setups because the bosses were sponges and we just wanted to the quickest way to beat everything.

I've probably used more variety of exotic weapons in PvE battles the last week than I have in the last 8 months.

Yeah, same here. Don't miss any of the old weapon. I think Bungie finally realized that we want good/useful guns to play with.

noomi

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
the only bad part of this Black Spindle business is no one is looking for exotic sword quest completions now, lol. At least there's matchmaking for that but I'm scared of randoms.

Top Bottom