• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yah man, this was totally unintended by Bungie. By complete accident, they added an encounter only on the daily heroic that diverges from the main quest, initiates taken foes to appear, new voice acting and lines, and a countdown sequence. And this doesn't initiate properly if your team whipes along the way. Clearly it's going to be patched...

It could have been released early is the only thing I'm thinking of. Might have been part of a DLC down the road or something, especially considering how much crap was made long ago and then fed to us as new content DLC months later.

Yah man, this was totally unintended by Bungie. By complete accident, they added an encounter only on the daily heroic that diverges from the main quest, initiates taken foes to appear, new voice acting and lines, and a countdown sequence. And this doesn't initiate properly if your team whipes along the way. Clearly it's going to be patched...

wish I knew if this was going to be available everyday or just today

You can run it on just the Heroic version, non-Daily.

The patch fears come from the Reddit thread revealing this being deleted for unknown reasons. Maybe spoilers?

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Any Xbone all stars want to help me with the daily heroic? Been trying for two hours and still can't get it.

I would help you out, but I won't be on until later in the evening. If you somehow don't get it over the course of the next 10 hours, let me know.

Also, I need you to teach me the raid.

Omni

easier? this mission is pretty tough. I cant imagine a better way to get it, alot tougher than pulling a ghorn out of a gorgon chest.
Personally I don't think the mission was tough enough to justify the weapon being given. Nonetheless to everyone. This sniper will be required in ALL Oryx runs from this point on, just watch. It's easily the best sniper in the game right now and all you had to do was run a 15 minute mission once.

This just seems like a mistake. Either Bungie didn't think too much about it or they don't care. //shrug.

nOoblet16

Maybe, but the adds have arc/void shields as well as Cabal shields. I think Truth would be better tbh.
Well Gjallarhirn never had any issues with different elemental shields because of its raw power. Even with the wrong element it did more damage unless there was a specific non solar burn.

Damn work or I would be attempting to get black spindle right now!

I don't know why people think this will be patched? From everything I have read it seems like a pretty tough challenge to obtain.

Wallach

The raid fusion rifle is shit. If you ever get it, don't even bother keeping it. Just infuse it on to your favorite special weapon.

I thought it was pretty wack too. Fed it to my Vanguard FR with Hot Swap and Hip Fire.

Loot was good last night. In one raid I got the ghost, FR, PR, HC, chest and class item. Got the SR last week. Now just want the other armor, AR and MG. Using the PR and SR currently, but I prefer the Herja-D and Antimony in those weapon types so far. Want to try them with a full Cocoon loadout though as that sounds pretty sexy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Personally I don't think the mission was tough enough to justify the weapon being given. Nonetheless to everyone. This sniper will be required in ALL Oryx runs from this point on, just watch. It's easily the best sniper in the game right now and all you had to do was run a 15 minute mission once.

This just seems like a mistake.

Why would it be required for all Oryx runs when so many of us beat it without it? It wouldn't even have any impact on the hardest part of the fight for people. Were you the one who started the "you must be 295 for Oryx" stuff?!?! :)

ocean

Banned
Daily Heroic rotations tend to favor current-DLC content super highly. It won't be too long until this thing comes back as the Daily.

And it won't be until tomorrow that people can check whether the event triggers on Heroic or just when it's actually the Daily.

This isn't getting patched, take your tinfoil hats off. What we should be discussing is which other missions lend themselves to out branching like this.

The VoG mission is a super strong candidate, since there's so damn much empty geometry to explore. Perfect fit if you wanna hide a secret room.

Just tried about 4 or 5 times in a row. When we get there we have over 5 minutes, but the amount of fire and those blinding orbs being thrown out constantly makes it almost impossible to snipe the boss. Not to mention being overwhelmed by all the adds. Even if you get rid of all the spawning orbs, if you don't kill the boss, enemies will respawn.
Any tips or Sherpas to help out?

E92 M3

Yep will need your help pls and tyia.

It's not harder than this daily. It's just not.

If you can beat this daily for the spindle, you can solo Oryx blindfolded with a green Jigoku scout rifle.

The hype for this difficulty has be me excited to try it

flkraven

You can run it on just the Heroic version, non-Daily.

The patch fears come from the Reddit thread revealing this being deleted for unknown reasons. Maybe spoilers?

When you select the heroic version, it defaults to the daily. We won't know if it can be run as a non-daily until tomorrow.

Edit: Top of page 2 in a row. Jeez:

Exo.png

Exo Master Race

PuMa

I would help you out, but I won't be on until later in the evening. If you somehow don't get it over the course of the next 10 hours, let me know.

Also, I need you to teach me the raid.

My brother. I'll be looking to do the spindle daily tonight as well.

Daily Heroic rotations tend to favor current-DLC content super highly. It won't be too long until this thing comes back as the Daily.

And it won't be until tomorrow that people can check whether the event triggers on Heroic or just when it's actually the Daily.

This isn't getting patched, take your tinfoil hats off. What we should be discussing is which other missions lend themselves to out branching like this.

The VoG mission is a super strong candidate, since there's so damn much empty geometry to explore. Perfect fit if you wanna hide a secret room.

There's a totally separate path to the Templar. That's one place to check.

j-wood

How come completing the daily story mission no longer gives out rewards in the post game screen? Since TTK launch I've gotten 0 things there.

Top Bottom