• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Trickster

Man today has been a productive Destiny day, got my exotic sword, got my tier 3 CoO fragment for the week, and managed to get this new exotic sniper as well.

Feels good mang.

ocean

Banned
Personally I don't think the mission was tough enough to justify the weapon being given. Nonetheless to everyone. This sniper will be required in ALL Oryx runs from this point on, just watch. It's easily the best sniper in the game right now and all you had to do was run a 15 minute mission once.

This just seems like a mistake. Either Bungie didn't think too much about it or they don't care. //shrug.
I don't think
Oryx's belly
procs as a crit so we'd have to check whether White Nail even works there.

This reward structure is genius. I'd rather get a guaranteed Exotic from a tough 15 minute mission than loading a Gorgon checkpoint, jumping 12 seconds and getting my first Gjallarhorn because "it's your lucky day".

The less random this game gets, the better.

Afrocious

Daily Heroic rotations tend to favor current-DLC content super highly. It won't be too long until this thing comes back as the Daily.

And it won't be until tomorrow that people can check whether the event triggers on Heroic or just when it's actually the Daily.

This isn't getting patched, take your tinfoil hats off. What we should be discussing is which other missions lend themselves to out branching like this.

The VoG mission is a super strong candidate, since there's so damn much empty geometry to explore. Perfect fit if you wanna hide a secret room.

Precisely. Another example of this is when doing the Hunger Pangs quest and you enter that Bunker Mine. The ending of that mission ends a bit later than usual because of the Taken major.

There's probably a whole slew of things like this in the game.

mf1ewfebe.gif

WE DID IT.

NINJA AND POKER MASTER RACE CONFIRMED.

qvrzpmdhe.gif

90 Seconds to spare. GLORIOUSNESS.

Thread is moving too fast, I will ask again.

How do I complete the Dark Remnants quest? I cannot find high level patrols to kill on the Drradnaught. Finished all other planets with no issue, but the VIP quests dont appear on the Dreadnaught. Need to kill 3 on Dreadnaught to finish the quest.

flkraven

Yesterday the daily heroic was The Archive. Instead of running left into the archive, I should have just went straight into the Nexus strike.

I don't know why everyone is panicking about one reddit post being deleted. There are no less than 4 threads still active on the destiny subreddit all about black spindle. Three of them with , "Black Spindle" in the thread title. If Bungie was trying to shut it down, removing the one super clunky OP with lots of misinformation doesn't make much sense.

Wallach

Personally I don't think the mission was tough enough to justify the weapon being given. Nonetheless to everyone. This sniper will be required in ALL Oryx runs from this point on, just watch. It's easily the best sniper in the game right now and all you had to do was run a 15 minute mission once.

This just seems like a mistake. Either Bungie didn't think too much about it or they don't care. //shrug.

It won't even work on the thing you would want it for on the final encounter. It's a post-nerf Black Hammer, not a Gjallarhorn.

GlamFM

Banned
Can I please have a definitive answer -

Is the heroic easier than the daily for the spindle?

Who wants to run it with me tonight 10pm Euro-Time?

E92 M3

Thread is moving too fast, I will ask again.

How do I complete the Dark Remnants quest? I cannot find high level patrols to kill on the Drradnaught. Finished all other planets with no issue, but the VIP quests dont appear on the Dreadnaught. Need to kill 3 on Dreadnaught to finish the quest.

Just have to keep reloading - they are rare.

matmanx1

Just ranked up the Gunsmith and he gave me a 295 Light Suros Rocket Launcher with Handgrenades and Horshoes. Great blast radius and good velocity. Thanks, Banshee!!

Also, Rank 3 Gunsmith! Time to start a quest =)

Omni

Why would it be required for all Oryx runs when so many of us beat it without it? It wouldn't even have any impact on the hardest part of the fight for people. Were you the one who started the "you must be 295 for Oryx" stuff?!?! :)

I didn't say that I would ask people for it..

The raid is a hard dps check for a lot of people. Going in with randoms is a huge gamble. Hell yesterday I did over 6 million damage to the Ogre myself and we still wiped. This weapon is the hardest hitting sniper in the game right now and will make these dps checks a hell of a lot easier. It's not hard to see what will happen for people on forums looking for groups. This weapon will become a staple of the Oyrx raid, just like the ghorn was in Crota. Now it's relatively easy to get, but still. People will be gated out of raids because of this, I can see it now. Maybe it's not so much useful for Oryx himself, but every other boss in the raid? Absolutely.

I dunno man. I'm glad we're not back to opening chests and relying on RNG, but I just think something as powerful as this should be locked behind a lengthy and difficult quest. Not something that can be beaten in 15 minutes if you have 2 other friends.

stb

Bungie must be having a ball watching all their mice scramble for the new bits of cheese they drop into their maze.

Just did the black spindle in a destinyLFG pug with 22 secs to spare, we wiped 2-3 times before finishing it. Awesome, awesome, awesome job bungie putting in secret stuff like this, really heightens my respect for you. All of us got the sniper, 2 of us got the ship.

Using your sword for the first two rooms and rocket launchers for the last is helpful, I'd imagine an ideal group is 3 titans - defender and two sunbreakers. Just insane add clearing and boss sniper damage. We died so often that maybe warlock sunsinger would be great too, haha

Just ranked up the Gunsmith and he gave me a 295 Light Suros Rocket Launcher with Handgrenades and Horshoes. Great blast radius and good velocity. Thanks, Banshee!!

Also, Rank 3 Gunsmith! Time to start a quest =)

nice, all I get are primaries I cant use, when is banshee gonna have a rocket launcher package

Deku Tree

Uploading the video now.
I hope it does not take that long : PSN SPEEDS lol.

also the ship, the lines do pulse *_*

CPl3rSgW8AEhest.jpg:large

CPl3tc6WEAAUf6I.jpg:large

In all my play time, It's the first time I've ever seen it.

Dec 31, 2014: the ship was added to the database when TDB dropped. It has a 1 next to it's icon.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/31/7473931/a-guide-to-finding-all-of-destinys-legendary-jumpships

Vienna singer..............Ranking up new monarchy or future war cult (Please confim which is which)

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3644912838

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Vienna_Singer

Vienna Singer is a Legendary jumpship. It can be obtained by completing a special encounter during the Heroic (Light 240) Lost to Light. The same encounter that grants the player Black Spindle.

Released after The Taken King expansion (Year 2).

So can you grind for the ship by completing the mission over and over again?

MechDX

So you do the daily heroic mission in a certain amount of time you get the black spindle? Is there a timer on screen ?

No one has clearly explained this

Ophelion

I don't know why everyone is panicking about one reddit post being deleted. There are no less than 4 threads still active on the destiny subreddit all about black spindle. Three of them with , "Black Spindle" in the thread title. If Bungie was trying to shut it down, removing the one super clunky OP with lots of information doesn't make much sense.

Not to mention there is so much polish on this. It's clearly an intended secret. I can't wait to try and run it.

flkraven

I didn't say that I would ask people for it..

The raid is a hard dps check for a lot of people. Going in with randoms is a huge gamble. Hell yesterday I did over 6 million damage to the Ogre myself and we still wiped. This weapon is the hardest hitting sniper in the game right now and will make these dps checks a hell of a lot easier. It's not hard to see what will happen for people on forums looking for groups. This weapon will become a staple of the Oyrx raid, just like the ghorn was in Crota. Now it's relatively easy to get, but still. People will be gated out of raids because of this, I can see it now. Maybe it's not so much useful for Oryx himself, but every other boss in the raid? Absolutely.

I dunno man. I'm glad we're not back to opening chests and relying on RNG, but I just think something as powerful as this should be locked behind a lengthy and difficult quest. Not something that can be beaten in 15 minutes if you have 2 other friends.

Your post contradicts everything Bungie says they wanted, and what they hated about LFG with Ghorn. It may be an exclusionary weapon that LFG groups say is 'required' but now everyone will have an opportunity to acquire it, so fewer people will be left out.

Top Bottom