• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah, good to remember. I've still got zero legendary marks to my name so such things are still beyond me. ;)
They really start adding up quite quickly once you're past 280 IMO. Quite a few quests offer them as rewards and the daily soon won't be the struggle it is for you at the moment.

AS SOON AS A BLACK BALL SPAWNS DIVERT ALL ATTENTION TO DESTROYING IT

THEY WILL SPAWN GIANT GRENADE SHOOTING MOTHAFUCKAS THAT GO AROUND CORNERS AND YOU WILL DIE

noomi

That 10min count down is insane. Need bubble bros, tethers, and shock locks...

Will try again after work, I'm getting that hammer today.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Looking for two people to join me getting the exotic from the daily story on PS4. I've already soloed the first part to keep the door open. I'm waiting right outside the ketch now. Send me a friend request (PSN diggymow) or just join for you're on my friends list already.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why would they stealth patch it? It's obtainable from the heroic version of the same mission. Daily not required
Not totally sure about this facet yet; when you select the highest heroic level of a story mission on a day that it's the daily (since vanilla), it automatically puts you in the daily,

Sullichin

Doxology
me down if I'm wrong, but I simply don't see this being patched.

It's actually a little hilarious? Like... here's a guaranteed, unique reward for completing a super tough unique mission with extra completion parameters. Some people right here on GAF are spending multiple hours or 20 attempts just to get a single victory.

This is perceived to be roughly equivalent to farming Draksis 100 times in an hour and walking away with 18 exotics? lol
I don't understand how this rumor of it getting patched got started. Sounds tougher than getting some of the other guaranteed exotics really.

How did you guys get the Spindle done? I don't understand. The black balls are just too much.

1. Bring Solar, Arc, and Void weapons. At least two people should have Solar/Void and one person should have Arc. I came with my Suros, Solar Fusion, and Void MG. Just making sure we were using the correct burns to take down shields saved us an additional 30 seconds!
2. In the boss room, take out adds first then damage the boss. Focus on the big balls of Taken energy or they will keep spawning adds.
3. Chain suppers.
4. Rinse repeat until everything is dead.

MrS

Banned
Ok so best way to do it seems to be

Focus on black balls as they pop up
Focus on solar and void based builds and weapons for the shields
Super chaining is essential
Use Supers on adds not bosses

What else GAF?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Destiny | OT 32 | Spindle Me A Yarn

Destiny | OT 32 | You Spindle Me Round And Round

Shito

Focus on black balls when as they pop up

What else GAF?
There's a black ball spawning just below the entrance corridor, that is invisible if you stay in here for the whole fight (and you will want to, it's hell out there).
I think it spawns in the 3rd or 4th black balls round...

EL CUCO

Anybody level 250-ish tried the Black Spindle daily yet? The recommended light level says 240, but I'll be damned if it didn't feel like 290.

Told my buddy that's 250 to give it a run. Hope he doesn't get smashed lol

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Not totally sure about this facet yet; when you select the highest heroic level of a story mission on a day that it's the daily (since vanilla), it automatically puts you in the daily,
ah, even so it's really weird to see people saying bungie will patch it or that this is a mistake when it's obviously a high level secret mission. There's probably a lot more hiding in the game like that spikey Titan armor.

Wow, so this can be achieved tomorrow? I guess I'll focus on working up my light on strikes today then.
I guess we'll see tomorrow but this is an intentional quest for an exotic. I don't see why they'd take it out.

GhaleonEB

Some random thoughts from the past couple days of play:

The engram / light system continues to edge me upward every day - now at 274. I've been impressed that I have not hit a wall of any sort so far. It's a long, steady progression with the occasional burst forward with a good drop. I think they mostly fixed progression in year 2.

The allocation of legendary marks across activities is...weird. I run the daily story missions for 15 marks per day, and those are kind of tough so they feel earned. I just did my first daily Crucible match (3rd game ever). I started out with 3 kills without dying, then two people on my team quit, the others began running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and it was a mercy rule ending before half the match was over. But I still got the marks. So, I guess it's points for participation in PvP? I'll take'em but it felt very unearned. By comparison, 10 marks for a weekly Heroic strike is awful stingy, though there are of course other rewards for them. I guess getting bludgeoned into the ground with randoms will be part of my daily ritual for marks. :lol

Question: how many thingies do I need from the Dreadnought to get the sword? I'm up to 19 now but the quest doesn't tell me how many to get and I can't seem to figure out if that's enough.

Shito

Anybody level 250-ish tried the Black Spindle daily yet? The recommended light level says 240, but I'll be damned if it didn't feel like 290.

My gf was ~240 when we first tried with her, and we managed to reach the boss without too much difficulty.
In that hellish room though, she was getting destroyed and couldn't help us enough to make it through. I feel like this is content for a team of 3 people in their 280~290s.

Nuszka

Doxology
me down if I'm wrong, but I simply don't see this being patched.

It's actually a little hilarious? Like... here's a guaranteed, unique reward for completing a super tough unique mission with extra completion parameters. Some people right here on GAF are spending multiple hours or 20 attempts just to get a single victory.

This is perceived to be roughly equivalent to farming Draksis 100 times in an hour and walking away with 18 exotics? lol

No way they will patch it, its one of those fights that good communication and synergy is key. For our team we used weapons of light, nightstalker and gunslinger with nighthawk.
I was running with the void raid RL for wizards in the pre last room (Taikonaut on titan helped as well, especially with heavy ammo drops), dishing out six rockets with WoD and NS buff on boss, then swapping to raid HMG for mob control.
This is the first exotic in game that i actually feel like i earned. It was a tough fight but felt very rewarding, maybe even more then the exotic swords or Touch of Malice.

Edit:
ive19rjftept4gcjic76.gif

The feeling when you leave with with a Black Spindle.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Focus on black balls as they pop up

What else GAF?

There are no void shielded enemies in the final room. There are void wizards leading to it but none in the boss room. You need arc to tackle centurions that show up. You ABSOLUTELY need solar to deal with captains and knights.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
My gf was ~240 when we first tried with her, and we managed to reach the boss without too much difficulty.
In that hellish room though, she was getting destroyed and couldn't help us enough to make it through. I feel like this is content for a team of 3 people in their 280~290s.

I'm pretty sure the content in the Ketch is at least 290, if you look at the recommended level when you die. For one thing, the enemy shields are super resistant to the wrong damage types, unlike the enemies in the daily heroic.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've become overwhelmed with a desire for there to be at least one other super hidden thing like this in the game somewhere. Plz plz plz plz

BraXzy

Ugh. So damn difficult, had a bunch of failed attempts that almost or do kill the boss but in the last few seconds so there isn't enough time for all the adds.

Don't get how people are managing this!

Gonna try again later I guess.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
One more for the exotic from the daily heroic mission on PS4. There's two of us waiting right outside the warp to the ketch so we're ready to go. PSN: diggymow

It's unlikely you're going to complete it at 250 light. My party all had light levels between 295-300 and we still just barely beat it. I've seen teams with all 290 light having major difficulties.

Shito

I'm pretty sure the content in the Ketch is at least 290, if you look at the recommended level when you die. For one thing, the enemy shields are super resistant to the wrong damage types, unlike the enemies in the daily heroic.
Yeah, was unloading a whole Zhalos clip on those shielded knight and it was still not enough to break the shield.
Focused fire from all the teammates is the way to go.

Ugh. So damn difficult, had a bunch of failed attempts that almost or do kill the boss but in the last few seconds so there isn't enough time for all the adds.

Don't get how people are managing this!

Gonna try again later I guess.
Keep at it, was starting to get desesperate as well until we managed to do it.
The warlock in our team switching to solar was a HUGE help.

EL CUCO

It says 240 in the final boss room. The amount of adds in there is crazy tho.

Sigh...gonna need to put my back support on this afternoon.

Top Bottom