• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

MrDaravon

301 Hunter, I have no idea how in the fuck people are pulling this off. Nothing but BLACK BALLS and psions that infinitely split and shit. We were getting to the boss with about 6 minutes left and could get him down to ~60% pretty easily, then when the next wave spawns it's just fucking impossible. This is straight-up more frustrating than anything in the Raid, there has to be something we were fundamentally missing, there was just so many adds even with taking the balls out. First time I have ever in the history of this game just pretty much ragequit something. I'm just not gonna get this, I only have about 2 hours left before I won't be able to play for the rest of the day.

Also I like the idea of how they did this, but unless this is going to be doable through the normal Hard version of the story mission this is going to set a very bad precedent for LFG groups because people are just going to start demanding that people have this.

Edit: Also yeah, most people are like have Titans! We didn't have any Titans :(

Omni

Okay I'm honestly surprised that so many people are having trouble with it. Suppose we were lucky to have three titans. Only one defender though IIRC. We didn't even bother with most orbs until the boss was dead. Just took out adds as they got in our way. Split up at the entrance so the captain's blinding AoE wouldn't hit everyone at once

Didn't use specific elementals on specific enemies either. Just hit everything with kinetic. Probably hugely inefficient but we finished with under a minute left >.>

LiK

Wait, people are accessing it from the vanilla version of the mission? Yeah that might get patched if it changes the levels for the taken encounter.

oh wait, Daily is Heroic so I'm probably wrong about that. but why did Reddit delete the thread about it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Some random thoughts from the past couple days of play:

The engram / light system continues to edge me upward every day - now at 274. I've been impressed that I have not hit a wall of any sort so far. It's a long, steady progression with the occasional burst forward with a good drop. I think they mostly fixed progression in year 2.

The allocation of legendary marks across activities is...weird. I run the daily story missions for 15 marks per day, and those are kind of tough so they feel earned. I just did my first daily Crucible match (3rd game ever). I started out with 3 kills without dying, then two people on my team quit, the others began running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and it was a mercy rule ending before half the match was over. But I still got the marks. So, I guess it's points for participation in PvP? I'll take'em but it felt very unearned. By comparison, 10 marks for a weekly Heroic strike is awful stingy, though there are of course other rewards for them. I guess getting bludgeoned into the ground with randoms will be part of my daily ritual for marks. :lol

Question: how many thingies do I need from the Dreadnought to get the sword? I'm up to 19 now but the quest doesn't tell me how many to get and I can't seem to figure out if that's enough.
Haha, the Daily rewards from Crucible have always been for just completing a match. They're just much more valuable now.

You can get 10 marks from the weekly heroic strike 3 times per week, and a guaranteed legendary engram for the first complete per character each week as well.

25 hadium for the sword :)

noomi

So the Black Hammer 2.0 from the blueprint vendor starts at 300Attack?

In that case, I'll want to do this x3 and infuse the extra 2 hammers into a chaperone and a hereafter.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
oh wait, Daily is Heroic so I'm probably wrong about that. but why did Reddit delete the thread about it?
No one knows but I don't think the first conclusion to jump to should be that bungie wants to patch this which is what a lot of people were doing. I still don't think they've even fixed the 3 of coins. They've been so lax about it.

Well, equipping Black Spindle pushed me over to 300 light. Then I found a Legendary primary Engram...

xwrfQaZ.jpg

I've been taking my sweet ass time with the new content, but I'm loving the slow climb toward higher light levels. I just wish I could play with my son instead of fighting over who gets access yet again, but I can't justify putting out another $450 at the moment. Maybe there will be a good Christmas deal.

Sullichin

But why? It looks and sounds cool, decent impact, blinding... certainly seems good.

Still Black Hammer > Any other sniper
Even with White Nail nerf? Are there any other snipers with its impact archetype in Y2? Cuz an something like Efrideet's Spear with good perks and 6 round mag would be better than Black Hammer now.

So DGAF...

We know the two remaining Heavy exotics are Sleeper Stimulant and that crazy looking RL...but that leaves what, about 5-6 Primary exotics still undiscovered? Also, for anyone that has the faction exotic, does that show up in the Kisok next to the collectors edition exotic that boosts specific subclasses? So one for DO, FWC, and NM?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A word of reassurance to those of lower light or struggling: do not get the impression that the Black Spindle is available for today only. There's no way. Either the challenge will simply be accessible at any time from the Heroic version of the mission, or it will be available at the least again the next time this mission is the Daily. Just want to make sure no one thinks getting it today is their one and only chance.
I'm sure there are a few more.

Also, doing the newbie raid tmrw? Any spots open?
On Saturday this week (new thing for last run of the month, to give more people in diff time zones a shot) and nope, filled up before the end of the day on Tuesday o_O Sorry!

Any tips for the end fight? There are so many adds and he shoots everytime that annoying bubble thing.

The adds are the key, really. You need to kill them anyway, so just mop them up so they don't pose a threat to you. Get some burning hammers in there, or a Stormcaller. Focus on the boss once you don't have adds shooting at you every half second. Once more adds spawn, rinse and repeat. It's key that you be as efficient as you can in the leadup, so you have plenty of time.

Kill the Blights, too. Those prevent more adds from spawning in.

Trickster

301 Hunter, I have no idea how in the fuck people are pulling this off. Nothing but BLACK BALLS and psions that infinitely split and shit. We were getting to the boss with about 6 minutes left and could get him down to ~60% pretty easily, then when the next wave spawns it's just fucking impossible. This is straight-up more frustrating than anything in the Raid, there has to be something we were fundamentally missing, there was just so many adds even with taking the balls out. First time I have ever in the history of this game just pretty much ragequit something. I'm just not gonna get this, I only have about 2 hours left before I won't be able to play for the rest of the day.

Also I like the idea of how they did this, but unless this is going to be doable through the normal Hard version of the story mission this is going to set a very bad precedent for LFG groups because people are just going to start demanding that people have this.

Edit: Also yeah, most people are like have Titans! We didn't have any Titans :(

Adds take absolute top priority in the fight.

You really need to focus in the fallen captains and cabal taken that shoot those damn homing balls.

And because of how crazy resistant enemies shields are to anything that doesnt specifically counter their shielding type, you need to ideally run with 3 different dmg types, so you can switch the the dmg type you need on an enemy by enemy basis.

And I think you should also make sure to focus fire those big black orbs that emit the aura around them, I dunno if they keep spawning enemies or how exactly they work. But the try we beat it on was when we managed to keep the adds and those orbs relatively controlled.

Navy Bean

No one knows but I don't think the first conclusion to jump to should be that bungie wants to patch this which is what a lot of people were doing. I still don't think they've even fixed the 3 of coins. They've been so lax about it.

I would assume you can do this on heroic at any time going forward. Would be shocked if Bungie had an exotic quest that could only be completed on a random Wednesday in September.

I'm not sure I've got the time to keep trying this i've still got so many quests to do, I need to do the court on both characters complete the raid quest (it popped for me after killing Oyrx) Get a second sword and do everything on my Titan

I'm going to kid myself that my 300 - 1000yd Stare with Casket mag is a good enough replacement, until LFG requirements are must have 310 Black Spindle, then i'll go cry in a corner for my stupidity

nOoblet16

Got the entire mission done in less than 15 mins. Thanks Nami and Canned.

The dude's annoying with his too throws that blind and damage you.

noomi

Even with White Nail nerf? Are there any other snipers with its impact archetype in Y2? Cuz an something like Efrideet's Spear with good perks and 6 round mag would be better than Black Hammer now.

This is my personal opinion, but I would still think the Black Hammer is superior even with the White Nail nerf... for PvE though.

You could continuously fire your entire ammo supply (with precision shots) without needing to reload. This is a pretty huge DPS difference on boss fights in The Kings Fall. You lose on on a ton of DPS needing to reload every 4-6 shots on other snipers.

So DGAF...

We know the two remaining Heavy exotics are Sleeper Stimulant and that crazy looking RL...but that leaves what, about 5-6 Primary exotics still undiscovered? Also, for anyone that has the faction exotic, does that show up in the Kisok next to the collectors edition exotic that boosts specific subclasses? So one for DO, FWC, and NM?

There's also the No Time To Explain, but when you say 5-6 undiscovered exotics, so we have any indication that they actually exist?

EL CUCO

I'm not sure I've got the time to keep trying this i've still got so many quests to do, I need to do the court on both characters complete the raid quest (it popped for me after killing Oyrx) Get a second sword and do everything on my Titan

I'm going to kid myself that my 1000yd Stare with Casket mag is a good enough replacement, until LFG requirements are must have 310 Black Spindle, then i'll go cry in a corner for my stupidity
Is your 1000 yard sale 310 light tho? This takes priority imo lol

I'm going to kid myself that my 1000yd Stare with Casket mag is a good enough replacement, until LFG requirements are must have 310 Black Spindle, then i'll go cry in a corner for my stupidity

I know this feeling Mehrman! I decided to just finish the story with my toons and get them to 290 for the raid. I do ALL the quests on my main toon, but trying to keep up with three right now is DAUNTING AS HELL.

Top Bottom