• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

image.jpg

First engram I opened from Xur. Pretty stoked about it.

Sorry for the potato.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just realized that Xur will make me over 260, which means I can start heroic playlist chaining to hopefully get more nice loots and potentially hit 280+ in a day or two and knock out nightfall this week. That would be super.

tariniel

My friends and I recently picked up PS4's to play Destiny and, even though we just started, I had a blast playing it last night. It's such a fun co-op game. We did a 'strike' where we had to fight a big tank boss, and then a floating eye boss, and it was hard and amazing at the same time. The loot is already addictive and my character looks badass. Riding the little scooter around the map is really fun, and it's really funny to crash into my friends and roll their scooters, or watch them fly off a ledge and die. It was just a great time all around.

I also was a bit skeptical to play a console shooter since I've always played FPS games on PC, but it controls fine and I have no problem aiming after I increased the look speed/sensitivity a bit. I was hitting headshots all over the place on the monsters. My only complaint is that I feel like the FOV was a bit low and jarring for my first hour of play, but I already got used to it.

Anyway now that blog time is over, would you guys recommend waiting until level cap before going into the crucible? We've played 2 matches to try some bounties and feel like we're holding our team back (in both games, everyone was level 35+ except us, the 3 of us were between level 9-12). I had fun even though we lost terribly but I don't want to frustrate and cause other players to lose because we're terrible.

Kensuke

Got 2 Jade Rabbits. The special perks doesn't make sense to me though. Body shots? I hope the precision shot you do afterwards get a massive buff then.

Jinjo

Sealed Ahamkara Grasps! Fuck yeah!

TLW and Monte Carlo from primaries. Another Knucklehead and double crest of alpha lupi as infusion bait.

My friends and I recently picked up PS4's to play Destiny and, even though we just started, I had a blast playing it last night. It's such a fun co-op game. We did a 'strike' where we had to fight a big tank boss, and then a floating eye boss, and it was hard and amazing at the same time. The loot is already addictive and my character looks badass. Riding the little scooter around the map is really fun, and it's really funny to crash into my friends and roll their scooters, or watch them fly off a ledge and die. It was just a great time all around.

I also was a bit skeptical to play a console shooter since I've always played FPS games on PC, but it controls fine and I have no problem aiming after I increased the look speed/sensitivity a bit. I was hitting headshots all over the place on the monsters. My only complaint is that I feel like the FOV was a bit low and jarring for my first hour of play, but I already got used to it.

Anyway now that blog time is over, would you guys recommend waiting until level cap before going into the crucible? We've played 2 matches to try some bounties and feel like we're holding our team back (in both games, everyone was level 35+ except us, the 3 of us were between level 9-12). I had fun even though we lost terribly but I don't want to frustrate and cause other players to lose because we're terrible.

First of all welcome! its an amazing ride! enjoy the time with your friends in this world.

As far as the crucible goes.. its all normalized level makes no difference. (unless you are playing Iron banner or Trials) Subclass being filled in could help, weapons being leveled for perks could help. I would Just keep at it, there is a learning curve to crucible.

Done for now getting sleepy. Total strange coins spent: 28

Haul:

Jade Rabbit (does anything else matter??)
Telesto
Hawkmoon
Monte Carlo
Skyburners Annex Hunter Helm

bitsurugi

I am on a 25 no exotic streak. Think it's a new world record.

Also, got 3 saint 14's today from head engrams. Ofc, bought it 2 days ago already ><

RNG, why,..... whyyyyyyy!

Currently stuck with the family, only able to read the winter kell 3oC farming.

Hopefully when I get the family to leave, it's still working for me. I bought 15 this morning.

I got 7 exotics out of 45 three of coins.
I guess thats about average.

Edit: Not opening them yet in the hope that they'll contain TTK content when I open them after I purchased TTK.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
finally finished quest
regicide
^_^ now level 219, got my first Reciprocal Rune and 25 Legendary Marks.

oh man I am so hyped and don't want to stop playing. some people up for some fun on the weekend? tomorrow I'll play all day ^_^/

Top Bottom