• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I wonder how they are going to fix it? Why can't we just run another boss?
This

If they patch ToC to only work off strike bosses instead of story mode ultras (as opposed to just putting them on a timer) I wouldn't even be upset. Dramatic decrease in the speed with which you can acquire exotics but it doesn't actually nerf the functionality of the item.

Or just add a cooldown timer.

Around 30-35 3oC and my pal Draksis got me:

yr2 Nighthawk
yr2 Mask of the Third Man

yr2 Hawkmoon
Telesto
Hereafter
Monte Carlo
Fourth Horseman

All guns (with exception of Hawkmoon, which I got from Veterans Tour) I've never owned before. Pretty happy about that.

I wonder how they are going to fix it? Why can't we just run another boss?

The same way they fixed the old engram farming. Put a debuff on drop rates immediately after death. Or put a timer on it.

But you're right. It's not a Draxis problem per se. Several other bosses are like this.

It's not as gamebreaking as people say. The drop rate varies from 10% to 25% to 66%, but mostly lower.

Also, remember this is week one when people have tons of coins. Ain't gonna be like this for long.

Bungie is probably flipping out. After the changes they made to XUR the last thing they want is people farming for weapon engrams so quickly.

what did they think would happen? really..

Trace

Banned
Bungie is probably flipping out. After the changes they made to XUR the last thing they want is people farming for weapon engrams so quickly.

I'm not sure why they added the item TBH. Exotics are already pretty cool locked behind quests, no reason to give away every other new exotic for free.

Grinded it a bit on my lunch break and got a Suros, Ruin Wings, and Claws of ahamkara. Probably ran it 15 times. Not too bad.

Good luck to all the GAF raiders. Hope it does not disappoint. I'm probably not running it until next week, and I'm trying to stay away from hearing about it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So yellow triangles? Or yellow orbs like the greens, blues, purples?

Nevermind. Finally got one to drop. :)

Streaming it by the way. I hope to fill the floor with gold.

So yellow triangles? Or yellow orbs like the greens, blues, purples?
They're engrams but yellow.

loot.jpg

coy

Yeah, the exotics are nice but all these engrams got me a rank up and finally got Arctic Proxy! I can get 5 straight Sunbreakers and still be jubilant today.

I need to head out by 2 and shower beforehand. I am debating how many more 3oC should I do, since I know it is about to get hot patched.

spyder_ur

I can't see them releasing a patch within 30 minutes of the raid. I'm assuming they don't want to make any changes to the game or the servers.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I need to head out by 2 and shower beforehand. I am debating how many more 3oC should I do, since I know it is about to get hot patched.

I need to shower too but screw that this is more important. LOL.

I just started like five minutes ago and already have three gold orbs.

Shito

So, got 33 engrams out of 200 ToCs.

yu4vqov.jpg

uTnpxBT.jpg

My experiment for science ends here, been doing that all day long, I'm exhausted! :D
Now to decode all that...

Crazy afternoon. guns/armour galore I'm going to have to take stock in the morning easily over 50 exotics collected

Any raid spots open 289 Warlock

deoee

It's really not THAT bad right now. People will run out of coins (like me) and the droprate is about 20 (I had to use 5 coins most of the time to get an exotic)

MrDaravon

8 exotics from 45 ToC's, the damage:

Hawkmoon (YES)
Telestro
Hereafter
Knucklehead Radar
Empyrean Bellicose
Sealed Ahamkara Grasps
Ruin Wings
Young Ahamkara's Spine

Pretty pumped about most of these, especially because I never got a Hawkmoon in Year One :D. Also doing this I got two of the purple fusion rifle thingies you can give to the gunsmith, and two legendary drops that bumped my light level up a bit (I'm still a scrub, sitting at about 265 now).

Top Bottom