• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Navy Bean

Hey guys. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've got a couple questions that Google doesn't quite answer.

1. If I own everything Destiny (pre TTK) has released so far, is the $40 expansion what I need to buy? There's no $20 upgrade or anything for people that bought the $90 Destiny launch bundle?

2. Are all my exotics and legendaries pretty much useless besides dismantling now? When I logged in after 2.0 I got like 3 exotic weapons from bounties I hadn't completed.

Thanks a bunch!

1. Yes, $40.
2. legendaries are useless (except for regular crucible). exotics may have a Y2 version.

LTWood12

Tried 4 times. No dice. Not sure what the issue is. Should you just kill all the ads first then blind bubble shotgun the boss? Because concentrating on the boss leaves way too much shit out there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I didn't see this tweet:

Enter this week’s featured Crucible Playlist. Battle in Zone Control. Capture the zones to win. Earn Legendary marks.
So, every week there's a playlist that awards 10 marks each for 3 wins, mirroring Heroic Strikes it seems
Tried 4 times. No dice. Not sure what the issue is. Should you just kill all the ads first then blind bubble shotgun the boss? Because concentrating on the boss leaves way too much shit out there.
black orb balls first

Strider

G
olgoroth
is fucked after today.

YoooooOOOOOooooo speaking of
Golgoroth
would you be willing to get a group together tomorrow morning to take down
G-man (I have the checkpoint)
so I can grab the next 2 fragments? I am really close to getting them all for the malice.

zewone

Is Shield Brothers the only strike with Exclusive gear right now?

I feel like we are just scratching the surface for the hidden shit in the game

No. I got a legendary Fallen themed LMG from the S.A.B.E.R. and you can get the Psion Flayers cloak from them.

Every strike in the new playlist has themed drops.

Ji66a-Man

While using motes of light for xp I accidently deleted all my weapon parts. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

edb13020_30182334.jpeg

Bubbles > adds >boss

move outside of the entrance and into the hallway once you enter the room and clear off the adds.

Move up and break all the orbs and everyone must be using their AOE supers, sunbreakers, stormbringers and nightwalkers. Use swords and shotguns on the boss when the adds are clear enough, jump off and focus on adds again.

You'll get it in no time.

Tsosie

Hey guys. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've got a couple questions that Google doesn't quite answer.

1. If I own everything Destiny (pre TTK) has released so far, is the $40 expansion what I need to buy? There's no $20 upgrade or anything for people that bought the $90 Destiny launch bundle?

2. Are all my exotics and legendaries pretty much useless besides dismantling now? When I logged in after 2.0 I got like 3 exotic weapons from bounties I hadn't completed.

Thanks a bunch!

1. Yes. If you do not want any of the cosmetic extras just pay 40 for the expansion.

2. They are all trash now, unless you like pvp. Year 1 weapons scale just as normal for pvp. Do not shard the all yet though. Each class will get class spe ific legendary quests from the gunsmith at rank 2 and rank 3. They are easy quests, but they require you to dismantle specific types of guns. Year 1s count for those quests. You can just Google weapons moth quests to find out what type of weapons you need to save for your class.

Is Shield Brothers the only strike with Exclusive gear right now?

I feel like we are just scratching the surface for the hidden shit in the game

Have a list
Strike Specific Legendaries

Taniks: Does Not Bow, Autorifle
Cloak of Taniks, Hunter Cloak
S.A.B.E.R: Devouring Maw, Warlock Helmet
Baron's Ambition, Heavy Machine Gun
Omnigul: Bond of the Wormlore, Warlock Bond
Grasp of Malok, Pulse Rifle
Alak-hul: Darkblade Helm, Titan Helmet
Darkblade's Spite, Fusion Rifle
Psion Flayers: Void/Solar/Arc Flayer Cloak, Hunter Cloaks
Shield Brothers: Mau'uls Maulers, Titan Gloves
Restorative Mind: Theosyion Vibrissae, Warlock Gloves
Undying Mind: Mark of the Undying Mind, Titan Mark

Valus, brothers and flayers can all award the Treads Upon Stars, Scout Rifle

Both Vex strikes can award the Imago Loop, Handcannon

There is also a hunter helmet named Helm of Krolok, location unknown. Probably Phogoth, since omnigul and alak'hul already award the other two classes an armor. This also raises the question of "What weapon would he drop?" since, going by pattern, every boss drops an armor and a weapon. Just saying.

All of these drops can be awarded in all versions of the strikes, straight from the director, legacy, taken king and heroic strike playlists.

They appear as a purple engram drop, but instead of an engram you collect the weapon/armor immediately, no cryptarch needed.

Black Spindle Get!
Thanks Vincent and Strider that was crazy.
Saw that time was getting close to the end so I went for the sword kill... R2 spam was too much for him and couldn't believe that it worked!

Bungie please tell me you have more of this hidden away.

Namikaze1

I honestly have never seen so many people doing daily on my friend list before today. It has always been just 2 or 3 folks doing it. Before I left for my break, nearly 40 are doing daily right now.

Juraash

God I hope people are still running for the Black Spindle when I get home. Being at work and looking at this thread is roughhhhh.

Why? Everyone will just blow through their ammo in 20 seconds and have to switch to primary/heavy. Maybe with magical bullets white nail but not this version.

Not so much the perk, but the fact that no one has had a 310 sniper before and it has the highest impact available in TTK.

lt519

Why? Everyone will just blow through their ammo in 20 seconds and have to switch to primary/heavy. Maybe with magical bullets white nail but not this version.

310 damage is real with high impact and no reload, can't wait to try it, everyone was using 290 snipers before and still had the ammo problem, it's just a better DPS now

Bloodsent, Trakan, and I got our Black Spindles with 1 second left on the clock.

https://youtu.be/P1JvzPTBggU?t=10m13s

The best thing about that video is that Hand Cannon reload animation, holy shit.

Doesn't the Spindle have the old version? I wasn't paying attention when I used it.

noomi

Does it matter what character I find the fragments on, its all the same pool, correct?

Hmmm, if you are only going for grimoire then it doesn't matter.

If you want the exotic quest for the Touch of Malice, I would think you need them all on one character in order to unlock the quest that seems to be character specific.

Edit: Nevermind. Bungie, please make better attempts to make the endgame solo-capable, because not all of us have 2-5 growths that are our polo-wearing clones. I am tired of trying to herd people into my game just so I can play it.

Shito

Ok, so here's our winning run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7wSwakHdZc

With more than one minute left on the clock!

I've kept the whole "mini-strike" because I feel it's part of how to be successful to it: you need the maximum amount of time on that boss.
If you fail once or twice, keep at it, we found we were getting to him with more time left each try.

Couple of advices:
* Kill the black balls in the first two rooms as quickly as possible! Tethering works really well, when you don't shoot your arrow on the door step like I can do sometimes... ^^
* Tethering the first ball allows for easy kills and lots of orbs, so that your teammates can wipe the rest of the room
* My only high level weapons are all void, so I took it on me to kill the wizards in the second room
* Our chances to clear this skyrocketted when the warlock and titan switched to solar: our biggest threat in the boss room were the damn captains, being able to match their shields helped A LOT
* Your priorities at all time should be: black ball > adds > boss. If you see a black ball, kill it ASAP! Sniper works well. If there's no ball but a lot of adds, clear them. If the room is somewhat empty again, concentrate on the boss, until the next balls spawn
* Be wary of that ball just below that entrance corridor!
* Super the adds, not the boss. The second biggest threat after those damn captains are the multiplying psions: warlock and titan did wonders on that point for us!
* Try to make as many orbs as possible for your buddies!
* An arc weapon is useful to deal with the centurions
* Panick a bit at the end when you see you're finally about to get this done. <3

Good luck guys, this is tough as shit but it's really satisfying to finally nail it.
I saw people saying you should treat this as some kind of nightfall: nah, treat it like a mini-raid. :)

Ophelion

God I hope people are still running for the Black Spindle when I get home. Being at work and looking at this thread is roughhhhh.

Dude, I know. I'm just starting my work day too. I won't be home for another seven or eight hours.

And I know I whine about this at least once a month, but I need more westside people up in this community. Where my West Coast Avengers at?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome post Shito!

Dude, I know. I'm just starting my work day too. I won't be home for another seven or eight hours.

And I know I whine about this at least once a month, but I need more westside people up in this community. Where my West Coast Avengers at?
I won't be trying it for the first time til pretty late tonight.

Not so much the perk, but the fact that no one has had a 310 sniper before and it has the highest impact available in TTK.

310 damage is real with high impact and no reload, can't wait to try it, everyone was using 290 snipers before and still had the ammo problem, it's just a better DPS now

Ooooh yeah. Forgot about that stuff. I just pictured people doing the the first 2 orbs like, "holy shit, he's at half health" then no more ammo lol

Didn't get to complete the quest and I dunno if I'll be able to play again before reset. Had anyone checked I'd it works on a normal heroic mission?

Anybody need a third, 299 Titan, for the Spindle train?
I tried it a couple of times, but the last room was too much for our trio.
PSN: onimushroom

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Black Spindle with 1 second on the clock... That was incredible. Thank you so much those who joined me. For anyone else trying I can only reiterate others advice. Clear orbs then clear adds then dps boss. Bring all three elemental types but it's void, then solar, then arc in terms of importance. I'd say bring solar and arc secondaries if possible. Good luck and keep trying it is possible, just very hard.

Edit: We were 2 hunters and a warlock all around 295 light.

Afrocious

5PM East Coast GAF where you at? Trying to get a group together to get this sniper rifle. Just need two people. One of each class seems to be the way to go.

Top Bottom