• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

E92 M3

One thing Bungie did wrong with this expansion: Nightfalls are essentially useless now. The loot pool is diluted way too much.

Once you get the black spindle you can buy it at the blueprint ipad screen for 1 exotic shard and 2500 glimmer. You will get a 300 version, not 310 but can hold as many as your hands allow. I bought 3 and used them to infuse some other weapons, my 294 1000 yard went to 300 right away so the 5 gap seems to be ignored if you are using an exotic for infusion.

One thing Bungie did wrong with this expansion: Nightfalls are essentially useless now. The loot pool is diluted way too much.

Its very useful the first 3-4 weeks, for getting a shot at an exotic. I've seen a 290 suros, monte carlo, and a few others drop plus a lot of 295-298 armor pieces. But yeah in a few weeks when everyone is 297+ its going to be worthless doing a nightfall.

LTWood12

I didn't see this tweet:

So, every week there's a playlist that awards 10 marks each for 3 wins, mirroring Heroic Strikes it seems

black orb balls first

Bubble > adds > Boss

Bubbles > adds >boss

move outside of the entrance and into the hallway once you enter the room and clear off the adds.

Move up and break all the orbs and everyone must be using their AOE supers, sunbreakers, stormbringers and nightwalkers. Use swords and shotguns on the boss when the adds are clear enough, jump off and focus on adds again.

You'll get it in no time.

Ok, so here's our winning run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7wSwakHdZc

With more than one minute left on the clock!

I've kept the whole "mini-strike" because I feel it's part of how to be successful to it: you need the maximum amount of time on that boss.
If you fail once or twice, keep at it, we found we were getting to him with more time left each try.

Couple of advices:
* Kill the black balls in the first two rooms as quickly as possible! Tethering works really well, when you don't shoot your arrow on the door step like I can do sometimes... ^^
* Tethering the first ball allows for easy kills and lots of orbs, so that your teammates can wipe the rest of the room
* My only high level weapons are all void, so I took it on me to kill the wizards in the second room
* Our chances to clear this skyrocketted when the warlock and titan switched to solar: our biggest threat in the boss room were the damn captains, being able to match their shields helped A LOT
* Your priorities at all time should be: black ball > adds > boss. If you see a black ball, kill it ASAP! Sniper works well. If there's no ball but a lot of adds, clear them. If the room is somewhat empty again, concentrate on the boss, until the next balls spawn
* Be wary of that ball just below that entrance corridor!
* Super the adds, not the boss. The second biggest threat after those damn captains are the multiplying psions: warlock and titan did wonders on that point for us!
* Try to make as many orbs as possible for your buddies!
* An arc weapon is useful to deal with the centurions
* Panick a bit at the end when you see you're finally about to get this done. <3

Good luck guys, this is tough as shit but it's really satisfying to finally nail it.
I saw people saying you should treat this as some kind of nightfall: nah, treat it like a mini-raid. :)

Thanks guys. had to head back to work but I won't sleep until i get this done. We definitely weren't doing that.

I agree the nightfall is a ton of work and the reward is not worth it, when the first weekly rewards a legendary its just not worth it.

also no rep and no marks right? I can't remember from last night or last week.

flkraven

I've been reduced down to 1 character from 3, and our Nightfall group loot haul was Strange Coins, Strange Coins, and a purple 295 helmet for me (I already had a 299 purp). They really need to reevaluate nightfall loot, especially since it's even harder now.

Once you get the black spindle you can buy it at the blueprint ipad screen for 1 exotic shard and 2500 glimmer. You will get a 300 version, not 310 but can hold as many as your hands allow. I bought 3 and used them to infuse some other weapons, my 294 1000 yard went to 300 right away so the 5 gap seems to be ignored if you are using an exotic for infusion.

This is good. Has it been explained how you can get all your weapons/armor to 310 at any point? I'm assuming I would need a 310 drop constantly

Afrocious

Fuck. Yes.

Gonna try it out on a 292 sniper rifle.

Also, I wonder if this means there's a 310 Heavy Exotic somewhere. Is the exotic sword 310?

pyrandes

Dude, I know. I'm just starting my work day too. I won't be home for another seven or eight hours.

And I know I whine about this at least once a month, but I need more westside people up in this community. Where my West Coast Avengers at?
Totally in the same boat here. Wont be able to even attempt this until after 5pm PDT

Assuming i can actually find people to do this.

Dude, I know. I'm just starting my work day too. I won't be home for another seven or eight hours.

And I know I whine about this at least once a month, but I need more westside people up in this community. Where my West Coast Avengers at?

west coast here, will be at 445pm looking to get that damn sniper

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Anyone for Void Exotic Sword quest on Sunless Cell or getting hte Black Spindle?

296 hunter, psn dayeight

Does anybody have any recommendations for vendor primary weapons? I'm swimming in legendary marks and want something to use when I'm running Black Spindle or Telesto as my exotic. I don't really like anything that I've got from quests or engrams so far.

The group I was in, sorry I forgot their names but they were from GAF and we finished it with almost two minutes left.

All three if us had 295-300 level Telestos. I mainly focused on black balls and ads, and the other two focused more on the boss. Whenever I had an opening I Telestoed the boss. It seemed to be the most efficient weapon to clear the ads.

It was great run though.

E92 M3

Its very useful the first 3-4 weeks, for getting a shot at an exotic. I've seen a 290 suros, monte carlo, and a few others drop plus a lot of 295-298 armor pieces. But yeah in a few weeks when everyone is 297+ its going to be worthless doing a nightfall.

3 of coins will get people everything they want ;)

I agree the nightfall is a ton of work and the reward is not worth it, when the first weekly rewards a legendary its just not worth it.

also no rep and no marks right? I can't remember from last night or last week.

I was also confused why a NF would not give marks out. Also, we don't have the big faction rep from before.

I've been reduced down to 1 character from 3, and our Nightfall group loot haul was Strange Coins, Strange Coins, and a purple 295 helmet for me (I already had a 299 purp). They really need to reevaluate nightfall loot, especially since it's even harder now.

I always say that we can never have enough strange coins :)

Afrocious

giphy.gif

I felt like I had little to do now since I hit 300+, but I feel getting these exotics for fast and easy infusions across characters will prepare us for KF HM.

I am in desparate need of a new Artifact, it is anchoring down my Light Level. Still stuck with the starting 200 artifact while everything else is 280+. I have the CoO quest, but no Stolen or Antiquanted runes. Any way to get something in the interim?

JackHerer

Black Spindle with 1 second on the clock... That was incredible. Thank you so much those who joined me. For anyone else trying I can only reiterate others advice. Clear orbs then clear adds then dps boss. Bring all three elemental types but it's void, then solar, then arc in terms of importance. I'd say bring solar and arc secondaries if possible. Good luck and keep trying it is possible, just very hard.

Edit: We were 2 hunters and a warlock all around 295 light.

Great run man. I was the other Hunter with you (Lpwnsome). Thanks again for having me join you. Wouldn't have gotten today otherwise.

Afrocious

I am in desparate need of a new Artifact, it is anchoring down my Light Level. Still stuck with the starting 200 artifact while everything else is 280+. I have the CoO quest, but no Stolen or Antiquanted runes. Any way to get something in the interim?

Help others when they use their runes in the court. Even if you're not using your rune, completed Courts still count toward the quest.

Eric WK

This Daily is just way to hard for the Sniper

Yeah, it's pretty damn difficult. Much more difficult than this week's Nightfall even. Got it on my second try with less than 10 seconds to spare.

I hope this is indicative of something Bungie is trying to do with other missions in the near (and even not so near) future, because it's an awesome challenge.

Top Bottom