• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Sullichin

szdC1x6.png

eyas + luna = hawkmoon

plus the description, I need it pretty bad, pretty bad indeed where did you get it.

It drops in Crucible.

Ocelott

Yeah, it's pretty damn difficult. Much more difficult than this week's Nightfall even. Got it on my second try with less than 10 seconds to spare.

I hope this is indicative of something Bungie is trying to do with other missions in the near (and even not so near) future, because it's an awesome challenge.

Did you have a full group?

Sorry if asked, thread is trucking.... This (black spindle) should be available besides today? Dont think the wife is down with Destiny tonight.

Yeah, it's pretty damn difficult. Much more difficult than this week's Nightfall even. Got it on my second try with less than 10 seconds to spare.

I hope this is indicative of something Bungie is trying to do with other missions in the near (and even not so near) future, because it's an awesome challenge.

Makes me want to investigate other 240 light story missions

Was just watching the video of our win and at the end, Taniks says that "the Taken will not stop, they will try to take every House". I wonder if other missions with Fallen House ketches have similar Taken incursions.

Ophelion

Was just watching the video of our win and at the end, Taniks says that "the Taken will not stop, they will try to take every House". I wonder if other missions with Fallen House ketches have similar Taken incursions.

Nooooooo! Taken going after Draksis to stop our 3oC farming! Those monsters!

Guys, need an opinion. I have enough marks to buy an exotic year two.

Which one should I buy:

Hawkmoon
Red Death
Bad Juju
Suros Regime

If it helps I already have:

Zhalo
Jade Rabbit
The Last Word

I'm not too sure what's the better weapon in year two. Also, I hate shotguns but Invective regenrates ammo so that might be helpful too.

Eric WK

Did you have a full group?

Oh yeah. It would take be incredibly difficult to solo -- I'm sure someone will because people are crazy, but seriously, with three people at 295+ we only finished with 10 seconds remaining.

I'm sure as tips/strategies like the one posted above come out, it will get easier.

Hmmm, if you are only going for grimoire then it doesn't matter.

If you want the exotic quest for the Touch of Malice, I would think you need them all on one character in order to unlock the quest that seems to be character specific.

All good.

Currently at 44/50.

Do we know if this is the last time we will be able to get this weapon? Seeing its a daily strike mission..
Hopefully it is like that, Destiny needs more harder to get exotics so we get some diversity in the community

zewone

So, just like this mission where you can find a hidden area/challenge.

I discovered that the first mission on the Dreadnaught, if you go to the Court of Oryx a mini Crota will spawn.

This was last week before CoO3 was updated, but it's the same guy and you can fight him mid mission.

The ghost and Cayde-6 even had new dialog regarding him.

I'm guessing if you beat him, you'll get something else cool.

lt519

So our strategy was different than the one being posted here, but the main things Shito mentioned like Orbs being the priority on the first two rooms align.

Our set up was one Hunter with Celestial Nighthawk, one Titan with WoL and Illuminated, and one Hunter with Void Bow and bloodpact (or whatever its called). We got to the boss with about 6:30 left and had the Hunter with Celestial Nighthawk take down the two Yellow Cabal and generate orbs on the left. He stayed there and did add control from the left side. The titan popped a bubble on the bottom of the right stairway, this gives you protection from the enemies below but still allows you to peak out and hit the boss and surrounding shielded captains. When the boss went center the Void Hunter tethered him and everyone threw Grenades, Rockets, anything AOE. This generated a ton of orbs and recharged our Titan and Nighthawk while doing a lot of damage to the boss. Titan repeated with bubble and chipped away at the boss. Boss died with about 2:30 left and we did a semi-casual clean-up finishing with a few Psions roaming around with 0:15 left.

Best part about TTK is so many builds and strategies are viable. We didn't even really snipe during the fight. When the boss is an in unhittable spot take down some orbs.

phen0m24

So Rob and I tried with Nasty.

Then I tried with Tecnique and mehrmantrout and no dice.

While it is altogether possible
and highly likely
that I stink at this game, this daily, my raid flubs and driving Drizzy to near drinking on Skolas and big time lack of sleep today I am feeling rather inept.

Hold me GAF

Do we know if this is the last time we will be able to get this weapon? Seeing its a daily strike mission..
Hopefully it is like that, Destiny needs more harder to get exotics so we get some diversity in the community

A one time chance at a weapon on a weekday? GTFO. This will be available multiple times.

Afrocious

I discovered that the first mission on the Dreadnaught, if you go to the Court of Oryx a mini Crota will spawn.

This was last week before CoO3 was updated, but it's the same guy and you can fight him mid mission.

Oh shit.

Oh man.

TTK just got bigger....

noomi

So Rob and I tried with Nasty.

Then I tried with Tecnique and mehrmantrout and no dice.

While it is altogether possible
and highly likely
that I stink at this game, this daily, my raid flubs and driving Drizzy to near drinking on Skolas and big time lack of sleep today I am feeling rather inept.

Hold me GAF

Bro... just drink some Red Bull before you hit the mission. Good to go!

Sullichin

Guys, need an opinion. I have enough marks to buy an exotic year two.

Which one should I buy:

Hawkmoon
Red Death
Bad Juju
Suros Regime

If it helps I already have:

Zhalo
Jade Rabbit
The Last Word

I'm not too sure what's the better weapon in year two. Also, I hate shotguns but Invective regenrates ammo so that might be helpful too.

Jealous you have Zhalo. Suros Regime Year 2 is very good. I'm a big fan of the "Spinning Up" perk that you can use instead of focused fire.

WE MUST GO DEEPER

Bumping for new page.

Top Bottom