• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So, just like this mission where you can find a hidden area/challenge.

I discovered that the first mission on the Dreadnaught, if you go to the Court of Oryx a mini Crota will spawn.

This was last week before CoO3 was updated, but it's the same guy and you can fight him mid mission.

The ghost and Cayde-6 even had new dialog regarding him.

I'm guessing if you beat him, you'll get something else cool.
Yeah I saw that on the weekend. I think the heroic for that was a daily mission. That's the first time I saw crotafanboy3303

Edit: damn maybe I should've said something days ago. Looks like no one saw that lol.

LTWood12

So Rob and I tried with Nasty.

Then I tried with Tecnique and mehrmantrout and no dice.

While it is altogether possible
and highly likely
that I stink at this game, this daily, my raid flubs and driving Drizzy to near drinking on Skolas and big time lack of sleep today I am feeling rather inept.

Hold me GAF

Feel the exact same way after my four failed attempts. Luckily it seems our strategy was highly flawed, so I'll go back w/ renewed vigor this eve.

I discovered that the first mission on the Dreadnaught, if you go to the Court of Oryx a mini Crota will spawn.

This was last week before CoO3 was updated, but it's the same guy and you can fight him mid mission.

It's not possible to kill him, I think. There is no sword bearer. They simply disappear after like 30 seconds.
The first time I did the mission I killed the wizards and then was going to try to work on mini Crota and he went immune and disappeared.
I think it's just a CoO tease.

vctor182

It seems he just disappears, unless something else needs to be triggered....

Yeah, Thing and I saw this the very first time we did the mission. I thought it was just there to introduce the idea of CoO to the player.

Absolutely killed that daily heroic with my team. Still had over 3 minutes left. Chaining supers makes it cake. We had a Nightstalker Hunter (283), Stormcaller Warlock (295), and me a Sunbreaker (296).

oSoLucky

296 Warlock looking to tackle this. I have run it probably 15 times already, killing the boss a bunch but time runs out every time on the adds. PSN is KC_Darkness.

If anyone is looking to do Oryx, I would be down. I just picked up Black Spindle so I think that would be very helpful. Msg me on psn or quote me here. Also, I know the fight, already beat it last week.

Psn : Subtervotion

Tecnniqe

Banned

and highly likely
that I stink at this game, this daily, my raid flubs and driving Drizzy to near drinking on Skolas and big time lack of sleep today I am feeling rather inept.

Hold me GAF

I got my Red Bull and done it 2 times in a row almost flawlessly. Is all ya need y'all

A good team setup
TRIPLE TITAN Y'ALL HAMMERBUBBLETIME
and communication is key. Love it.

It's not possible to kill him, I think. There is no sword bearer. They simply disappear after like 30 seconds.
The first time I did the mission I killed the wizards and then was going to try to work on mini Crota and he went immune and disappeared.
I think it's just a CoO tease.

Or the swordbearer is hidden somewhere

Cmon man. Seems fishy!

btkadams

If anyone is looking to do Oryx, I would be down. I just picked up Black Spindle so I think that would be very helpful. Msg me on psn or quote me here. Also, I know the fight, already beat it last week.

Psn : Subtervotion
I know the mechanics too and have the final checkpoint. I'm down.

This black spindle mission is too frustrating to keep grinding lol.

Namikaze1

Yeah, found him in that mission a few days ago but my group went ahead to the checkpoint, forcing me to respawn on them.

Or the swordbearer is hidden somewhere

Cmon man. Seems fishy!

Not really. It's the only in-mission evidence of CoO. Makes perfect sense to make the player go "Hm, gonna have to revisit that space later for what looks like some kind of boss fight."

Remember, not everyone watches streams and reads every thread and every article.

MrDaravon

Would like to re-iterate again that The Black Spindle sidquest (or whatever you want to call it) isn't guaranteed yet to work after today if you select the 240 version of the Story mission. It's working like that today because it's defaulting to the Daily version because that it is the Daily today; notice that the 15 marks rewards pops up when you flip it to the 240 version. That's not to say it won't work tomorrow, but there's absolutely no way of knowing that for sure until tomorrow unless Bungie says something.

Afrocious

What's the light level on the enemies?

What's going on? What's this black spindle? I'm lost, I've slept through this news.

There's an exotic 310 sniper rifle you can get by doing this super hard challenge in today's daily.

What class do you play? We could probs work together to get it done.

X-Frame

I agree. 1 Defender for orbs, 1 Breaker for mobs and 1 Stormer for more mobs and orbs. Also, that's solar, void and arc too. It's gonna happen!

Actually it seems like Solar is the best given everyone's recommendations here. If RC and I go Sunbreaker then can you go Sunsinger?

2 Sunbreakers plus a Sunsinger with the Touch of Flame nade build should do work with the adds.

Tecnniqe

Banned
What's going on? What's this black spindle? I'm lost, I've slept through this news.

Hidden exotic that drops when you go off mission and take on the taken within a time limit
CPm3nV4W8AAWrBA.jpg:large

Ophelion

Not really. It's the only in-mission evidence of CoO. Makes perfect sense to make the player go "Hm, gonna have to revisit that space later for what looks like some kind of boss fight."

Remember, not everyone watches streams and reads every thread and every article.

There are whole quests dedicated to doing CoO. You don't have to have triggered a secret event to figure out you should come back there again.

OK fine

Any other 240 Light story missions with hidden goodies?

Seems like there are TOO many to investigate at the moment

Bogeypop

Black Hammer 2.0 in Exotic form. You can get in by doing the Daily Story mission today, but you go elsewhere instead of where the Objective tells you. It leads to a really tough boss fight with a lot of adds that people are having trouble with.

I.E. Let's group up and do it.

phen0m24

I got my Red Bull and done it 2 times in a row almost flawlessly. Is all ya need y'all

A good team setup
TRIPLE TITAN Y'ALL HAMMERBUBBLETIME
and communication is key. Love it.

Maybe we can try again T. I would love to grab a 310 sniper. I can follow instructions but I fear my reflexes have been dulled.

Ask Hawkian and puma and Dhruv and Vaal lol 4 o clock is supposed to come once a day, right before quitting time hehehe

Oscar

Got the Black Spindle as a 290 Titan. Had 20 seconds left. Teammates were a pair of 295 Warlocks but I still got most kills.

Ignored adds except orbs and burned down the boss. Cleaned up adds with time to spare.

rNilla

and highly likely

Hold me GAF

What? We beat the big guy! Colonel Carry in full effect. With a team of mostly zombie noobs no less!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Oh yeah. It would take be incredibly difficult to solo -- I'm sure someone will because people are crazy, but seriously, with three people at 295+ we only finished with 10 seconds remaining.

I'm sure as tips/strategies like the one posted above come out, it will get easier.

I hope you're ready to do it again later tonight when I get on lol.

please.

Top Bottom