• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

That 292 wall.
11741055_442390195967739_3027914121266875752_o.jpg

3min hype

Mupod

There's not much to patch. The mechanic is what it is and even if they patched this exploit you could still use coins to get a bunch of exotics within a few days.

This is the funny part to me. You've got tons of people sitting on hundreds of strange coins thanks to a year of farming them, so what can you do? Make everything from Xur cost 200 coins? Of course not. So you put in a way to make them gamble them all away.

The only difference between this 'exploit' and using them one by one in strikes is that this way is faster. In the end, from what I understand, the 3 of coins will get you the same number of drops. Unless it's true that by not picking up engrams the drop rate keeps stacking, but anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

I do think they should move the loot to strikes-only in order to encourage people to do more strikes. In fact that's what I always assumed it'd be. But I guess you can't leave the lone wolves out either.

I feel like my quick 10 stack of ToC was a fair trade for me idiotically wasting 62 god damn SC on year one heavy engram. Ended up with Alpha Lupi, Claws of Arkhama, and Hereafter. I feel like I didn't get completely boned this morning.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
So I completed my first prototype weapon from the weaponsmith...what do I have to do now?

Maybe a stupid question for people who did this a 1000 times ^^".. but I thought I have to bring it back to him?

Shito

ps: wish you luck on the decode
Just did the weapons, and your wish helped me:

- TLW
- Hawkmoon
- The Jade Rabbit
- Zhalo Supercell
- Invective
- 4th Horseman
- Hereafter
- Telesto

It seems like the new weapons are heavily favored; I got a shit ton of Hereafter and Telesto.
Keeping all this for infusion purpose.
I will do the armors later on, I need to decide on which character I should decode which parts. ^^

Dave_6

So I completed my first prototype weapon from the weaponsmith...what do I have to do now?

Maybe a stupid question for people who did this a 1000 times ^^".. but I thought I have to bring it back to him?

Nope. If you're done just shard it unless you want to keep using it.

Wait, the stuff Xur sells is only 280? What the fuck? Why?

although DeeJ did tell everyone that they want to push for customiztion, he forgot to mention that Legendary Packages would have a lower stat from Faction Vendors and he forgot to mention that Xur Year 2 Exotic Armor for sale are -10 in light from what you would get from Exotic Engrams

i wasted lots of coins today, and realized that I wasted my coins on that 280 Titan Helmet when an Engram later revealed that same helmet but at 290

In the end, just horde 290 armor that drops and save them for infusion your desired ones

Just did the weapons, and your wish helped me:

- TLW
- Hawkmoon
- The Jade Rabbit
- Zhalo Supercell
- Invective
- 4th Horseman
- Hereafter
- Telesto

It seems like the new weapons are heavily favored; I got a shit ton of Hereafter and Telesto.
Keeping all this for infusion purpose.
I will do the armors later on, I need to decide on which character I should decode which parts. ^^

ohhh nice! im at work right now, just hope that they didnt patch it before i get home. I want so bad that Hawkmoon and Zhalo x_x

coy

Best of luck DGAF raiders! I took no days off so will miss out on day 1 but hopefully can get something this weekend. Will probably be avoiding the threads in case of spoilers. I'll just quickly scroll to see if lists form as I expect others will be looking this weekend as well.

flkraven

While the killing-yourself-before-going-to-orbit mechanic is a little bit of a shortcut, I don't understand how people are becoming so disgusted by people exploiting it.

-Bungie sold an item that gives you a chance of an exotic dropping from an Ultra
-Bungie controls what that % chance is
-Bungie controls whether or not this item has a cool down
-Bungie knows which enemies are considered ultras
-Bungie made it so the ultra's level doesn't matter

Bungie knew all this and released it anyways. Rather than dying/going to orbit, if people just reran the mission over and over, would that make you less disgusted?

Also, I don't see how putting a timer or daily limit on the 3oC makes it any better. So people can obtain exotics just as easily, only now an arbitrary time constraint makes it so people either sit and wait a bit longer, or just redo it every day? IMO, they either remove the item entirely or just let it ride now. Maybe Xur will stop selling it next week.

Top Bottom