• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GlamFM

Banned
Time to kill Oryx! Need four more! Don't necessarily have to know the whole fight but must have mic, 295+ light. To be clear, only doing Oryx.

Psn:

1. crophonso
2. tastypwnwhich
3. BroodShadow
4. Kartik21
5. Ultrajarl

10 mins and I bring my 297 Titan with the new hammer.

Shito

Holy fuck... This black hammer mission is not easy.
Hehe.
It really is, basically, a raid boss encounter.
Only you have to make that ~10 minutes run to it each time you wipe, but I can understand Bungie not wanting CP to be exchanged.

What I really love with this mission is that everyone is guaranteed the drop, so when you finally nail down the winning run *everyone* in the team is equally happy, and equally rewarded. The ship is just the cherry on top, but I feel like there is something to learn from this particular encounter for their future loot design...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah really the biggest thing right now is it's the highest weapon most people will have, bringing their light level up, and snipers are in pretty heavy use during the raid. It's also got the highest impact, but for the most part people's 290 1000 Yard Stare's are fine.
Warpriest and Golgoroth technically have DPS windows so not having to reload is great as well, even if it does come out of your reserves.
Yeah
Warpriest
in particular is very well suited to it.

I want it primarily for the boost to my total light, a possible 1 or 2 310 infusion sources, and a replicable 300 infusion source at the kiosk.

Mupod

On my way home shortly, can't wait to give this mission a try. Although it's gonna be funny that this will be my first time using my 310 sniper, in order to get another 310 sniper...at least they're different elements with different roles. Hereafter seems more about clearing out tons of little guys while using no ammo, or PVP.

What's the quickest way to find Legendary Legs and an Artifact? I spent about an hour on my Titan the other day and got her up to 262 (from 34 lol, bounties and PE packages). I think that I should be able to hit 289 + if I can get some stuff to infuse, and move all of my Hunter's weapons and Ghost over.

Code:
Titan	262.34									
Primary	0.12	248	29.76		Helm	0.1	291	29.1		
Special	0.12	278	33.36		Arms	0.1	290	29		
Heavy	0.12	271	32.52		Chest	0.1	292	29.2		
					Legs	0.1	170	17		
Ghost	0.08	294	23.52		Class	0.08	286	22.88		
					Artfct	0.08	200	16		

Hunter	296.3									
Primary	0.12	294	35.28		Helm	0.1	290	29		
Special	0.12	305	36.6		Arms	0.1	294	29.4		
Heavy	0.12	294	35.28		Chest	0.1	293	29.3		
					Legs	0.1	296	29.6		
Ghost	0.08	302	24.16		Class	0.08	296	23.68		
					Artfct	0.08	300	24		

Titan	[B]289.24[/B]		If I can find Legendary Legs and Artifact to infuse							
Primary	0.12	294	35.28		Helm	0.1	291	29.1		
Special	0.12	305	36.6		Arms	0.1	290	29		
Heavy	0.12	294	35.28		Chest	0.1	292	29.2		
					Legs	0.1	[B]255[/B]	25.5	infuse Hunter	276
Ghost	0.08	302	24.16		Class	0.08	286	22.88		
					Artfct	0.08	[B]278[/B]	22.24	infuse Hunter	297

I've come to the conclusion that Black Spindle is absolutely not worth the frustration of that mission. Sorry, but no.

I think I can manage the game fine with my 299 1000 Yard Stare thank you very much.

If it were like the original Black Hammer, then maybe. Right now it really isn't worth it, you blow through your ammo way too quickly.

Somnia

soo anyone doing the raid and would let a first timer Llv293 go with???

Time to kill Oryx! Need four more! Don't necessarily have to know the whole fight but must have mic, 295+ light. To be clear, only doing Oryx.

Psn:

1. crophonso
2. tastypwnwhich
3. BroodShadow
4. Kartik21
5. Ultrajarl

Doesn't match your 295 requirement, but well there's a 6th for you.

edit: n/m you found people

I think that is actually a suggestion, the fire team part. Technically you are a fireteam of 1. You'll struggle to take one down yourself so you'll have to have some other guys out there with you anyway.

You can just do it solo in patrols. When the Taken atatck an area kill a bunch and Lieutenants will spawn. Kill a bunch of them and then a Champion will spawn. They can bit a bit hard to do solo because of the constant add spawns. You can get credit by doing it with other random people in patrols.

Ahh thanks! I can always try it solo first then ask for help if I struggle. I got my first ones (the 14/15) last night while doing heroic strikes :D but with a full fireteam of 3 so I wasn't sure.

lt519

Yeah
Warpriest
in particular is very well suited to it.

I want it primarily for the boost to my total light, a possible 1 or 2 310 infusion sources, and a replicable 300 infusion source at the kiosk.

I don't have the heart to do it two more times right now. I'll settle for being able to buy it at 300 and infuse some nice legendary weapons for now. I'm afraid to go back in and realize we just got lucky and it take 4 hours to get two more.

purg3

slept with Malkin
If it were like the original Black Hammer, then maybe. Right now it really isn't worth it, you blow through your ammo way too quickly.

But isn't it technically still better in terms of sustained high rate DPS regardless if you bun through sniper ammo more quickly? I'm comparing to currently available snipers by the way

Ahh thanks! I can always try it solo first then ask for help if I struggle. I got my first ones (the 14/15) last night while doing heroic strikes :D but with a full fireteam of 3 so I wasn't sure.

Some are manageable solo, others a bit more tricky. The hard part is killing the Leutenants in time because they spawn randomly in a large area. You need to kill 3 within the time limit for the Champion to spawn. Go to high traffic areas where random people are more likely to be to help out.

zewone

How is Zaouli's Bane? The raid hand cannon. Picked it up from Oryx.

Good rate of fire and high impact, but very slow to reload.

Definitely recommend using cocoon perk to your benefit.

Empty your clip, stash the gun for a few seconds and when you flip back to it, it'll be ready to go.

darknil

Eh, reading the thread from here as a 275 light level seems just as when the gally was sold on week 2 and just a few had enough coins :(

Guess I'll play strikes and try to forget about a weapon with 310 ._.

Eris' legendary artifact is the only one I've seen (for the CoO quest) :(

From what I have read, because people arent talking about this very much and it is my personal struggle right now, there are 2 quest artifacts and the ones from the Raid. Outside of that, there is supposedly a small chance a blue engram of any type can become an artifact. Either get lucky or do the quests/raid for higher artifacts.

NeoRausch

Anybody feeling too help me with the daily/black spindel?

I've got to the end but the time ran out. Titan 290
I'm urging a good sniper so hard.

Trace

Banned
Eh, reading the thread from here as a 275 light level seems just as when the gally was sold on week 2 and just a few had enough coins :(

Guess I'll play strikes and try to forget about a weapon with 310 ._.

The difference is, this sniper isn't going away. Gally was sold once by Xur, and then not again for basically a full year. This sniper can be gotten pretty much at any time.

Oscar

Question:

Kill Taken Lieutenants with a fireteam to summon Champions.

Do you have to have a full fireteam or just 1 person is ok?

I'm 0/2 on champions (what are those?) and 14/15 on Blighted Ether (So close!)
One person is fine, that's how I did it.

Can be difficult if you're under geared. Basically you gotta kill the Fallen that are "corrupting the area" fast enough to summon the champion.

Eris' legendary artifact is the only one I've seen (for the CoO quest) :(

I have a legendary hunter artifact (coyotes luck) that wasn't from Eris, I just don't remember where it came from. I'd take any Titan artifact that can be infused since I have a blue 297 from my Hunter collecting dust.

CoO quest is out of the question since I have only done the first mission, and the quest to get my Hammer Time Subclass.

neoism

damn man either im just that unlucky or they nerfed the black wax idol farming spot on patrol earth biiiiiig time... wtf theyre not even spawning unless i go back up the steps... gotten 1 damn wax in 20 mintues

wtf... is there a better spot or did they just nerf it in the ground...?

Top Bottom