• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I tried getting the 3 wins last night. None of the randoms on my team were helping me defend any zones. Just kept running at the other zones and getting crushed.

Same here. I'm at 108 marks. If I do tomorrow and friday's dailies I'll have enough to buy Thunderlord. Guess I just need to wait.

Now I only need to kill the last two King's Fall bosses and I can start levelling my Hunter. He's got a 310 Last Word and Black Spindle waiting for him, the lucky SOB.

lol, Ive seen to completely different and successful strategies on youtube for the spindle.
Datto says focus on the boss rigth away them mop up adds and byf says take out the blights, some adds, DPS the boss and rinse repeat when the blights show up again.

whats everyone finding works the best?

lol, Ive seen to completely different and successful strategies on youtube for the spindle.
Datto says focus on the boss rigth away them mop up adds and byf says take out the blights, some adds, DPS the boss and rinse repeat when the blights show up again.

Balls, Adds, Boss. Way of life when it comes to that room.

lt519

We did a combination. One guarded the left side of the entrance to prevent adds from getting us in the back while two poked out of the right side to take down the boss. On the right side we threw a bubble at the bottom of the stairs so enemies lower than us couldn't hit us. We effectively had free reign on the boss with only a concern of him hitting us. When the boss went behind the center so we couldn't see him we cleared some adds. But we never once left the entrance to wipe all the adds out before doing damage. Nighthawk, WoL Illuminated, and Shadowshot. Creates a lot of DPS and orbs quick so the titan always had a bubble.

Zomba13

Anyone doing the daily for the Spindle need a third? I'm 283 if I take sol and void in my special and heavy slots. Stormcaller Warlock.

PS4 PSN ZombaXIII

My only chance at the BH is to run it with a group who knows exactly what to do.

I can follow orders but I can't lead a team.

If anyone is looking for a second run or has the fight down to a science I'd love to join up.

xx_BATMANx

JTripper

I've come to the conclusion that Black Spindle is absolutely not worth the frustration of that mission. Sorry, but no.

I think I can manage the game fine with my 299 1000 Yard Stare thank you very much.

Wait, some people are farming the Daily for a chance at the ship? What the fuck? I can't even finish it once.

I've come to the conclusion that Black Spindle is absolutely not worth the frustration of that mission. Sorry, but no.

I think I can manage the game fine with my 299 1000 Yard Stare thank you very much.

Lol. Loser talk.

I'm a loser too :(

Frenden

Banned
Ran Spindle with two lower level friends (250 and 220-ish) and had a smooth run aside from not being able to output enough damage.

I was pretty sure we were boned from the start, but the group wanted to try. What's frustrating is that they did everything right, heh.

I'm retired from trying today, though. After that sacrificial effort to get the mechanics down for those friends, I am up to ten or eleven runs with no Spindle.

It only took me two tries to get it. Ran with a guy who was sub 270 and another 290. Storm caller helps a lot. Make sure to focus on the adds in the room because that will clear up space to do damage on the boss.

Zomba13

Ok, is anyone still looking for a spindle group? Last few people that have friended me have had their group fill up before I accepted.

I am. I might be too low though. 283 light if I take void and sol special and heavy, 285 if I take void and arc. Stormcaller Warlock.

PSN ZombaXIII if that's ok.

Deku Tree

I think this secret daily today is a taste of what they are going to do with the difficulty settings of the Raid.

They will have a regular Hard mode. And then they will also have a challenge mode that has conditions that need to be met and/or is timed too.

Shito

Our team managed to make it after 4 hours of trying when adopting the balls > adds > boss > repeat strategy.
What helped A LOT also was when the warlock and titan switched to solar to deal with those captains. They were THE WORST for us, they basically blocked us from doing damage to everything by shooting blinding balls *non stop* on one side or the other of the entrance.

Shamelessly reposting the video of our run, for new people trying this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7wSwakHdZc

Petite Feet

Neo Member
Ran the heroic a few times earlier today with some people on LFG, couldn't do it though.
Wouldn't mind trying with some people here, Im a 288 hunter. Add me notazomby

Balls, Adds, Boss. Way of life when it comes to that room.

We did a combination. One guarded the left side of the entrance to prevent adds from getting us in the back while two poked out of the right side to take down the boss. On the right side we threw a bubble at the bottom of the stairs so enemies lower than us couldn't hit us. We effectively had free reign on the boss with only a concern of him hitting us. When the boss went behind the center so we couldn't see him we cleared some adds. But we never once left the entrance to wipe all the adds out before doing damage. Nighthawk, WoL Illuminated, and Shadowshot. Creates a lot of DPS and orbs quick so the titan always had a bubble.

sounds good guys, thanks for the tip. cant wait to try it out!

vctor182

Ran Spindle with two lower level friends (250 and 220-ish) and had a smooth run aside from not being able to output enough damage.

I was pretty sure we were boned from the start, but the group wanted to try. What's frustrating is that they did everything right, heh.

I'm retired from trying today, though. After that sacrificial effort to get the mechanics down for those friends, I am up to ten or eleven runs with no Spindle.

Today is your only chance until the mission is another daily heroic again

Question:

Kill Taken Lieutenants with a fireteam to summon Champions.

Do you have to have a full fireteam or just 1 person is ok?

I'm 0/2 on champions (what are those?) and 14/15 on Blighted Ether (So close!)

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Time to kill Oryx! Need four more! Don't necessarily have to know the whole fight but must have mic, 295+ light. To be clear, only doing Oryx.

Psn:

1. crophonso
2. tastypwnwhich
3. BroodShadow
4. Kartik21
5. Ultrajarl

lt519

Question:

I think that is actually a suggestion, the fire team part. Technically you are a fireteam of 1. You'll struggle to take one down yourself so you'll have to have some other guys out there with you anyway.

Zomba13

Question:

You can just do it solo in patrols. When the Taken atatck an area kill a bunch and Lieutenants will spawn. Kill a bunch of them and then a Champion will spawn. They can bit a bit hard to do solo because of the constant add spawns. You can get credit by doing it with other random people in patrols.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So is the spindle going to be what the ghorn was to crota? Think of how much constant damage you can put on the bosses in the raid and
staggering oryx.
It will be exactly what Black Hammer was (which is certainly not Gjallarhorn) but use your exotic slot. Make of that what you will

It's actually kind of particularly poorly suited to Oryx himself.

lt519

It will be exactly what Black Hammer was (which is certainly not Gjallarhorn) but use your exotic slot. Make of that what you will

It's actually kind of particularly poorly suited to Oryx himself.

Yeah really the biggest thing right now is it's the highest weapon most people will have, bringing their light level up, and snipers are in pretty heavy use during the raid. It's also got the highest impact, but for the most part people's 290 1000 Yard Stare's are fine.
Warpriest and Golgoroth technically have DPS windows so not having to reload is great as well, even if it does come out of your reserves.

Holy fuck... This black hammer mission is not easy.

Yeah I was shocked, typically my fire team can handle any Destiny challenge, it made us do some serious sweating.

Top Bottom