• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

FyreWulff

Immobious obtained. Dismantled the glut of Y1 Legendary shotguns I had to speed it up.

I am now the most OP asshole dome ever with this and Saint 14.

ocean

Banned
so bunch of 290s failed at black exo thingy :(
if anyone wants to help me that'd be cool but i probably need high 90s friends.
It's not really about the level. It's about strategy.

If you camp the entrance and try to pop shots out you'll never make it on time. What my successful run did was run out left with Tether + Hammer time to destroy that set of ads, and start rotating / seeking cover cleaning up. When the ads are down, damage the boss and then regroup and super / rocket ads when they start spawning again. Rinse repeat with a lot of care.

Camping just doesn't work here in my experience. You could be all 310s and if you're not coordinating your supers and calling out where the spawns are so they can be heavied you'll always get overwhelmed.

NeoRausch

Totally whorering my titan ass out for a spindel
I can bubble you crotch or hammer your ass.
Call 0900-TITANSDIE

Or add me PSN: NeoRausch

Justinh

I use Blood Bound and Light of the Pack or something. They are in different trees, so you get a tether that deals damage across all tethered enemies by just shooting/nading one, and orbs for days.

It's a short quick tether, but if you get a grenade in and your teammate know to focus on tethered baddies, you don't need more than a few seconds to do tons of damage.

yeah, I just realized that when looking at the thing. My mistake.
I wanna do spindle. Adding you on Giriath.

ok cool. I'm only 294 hunter and no special crazy weapons

Dude I was running with mehrmantrout before and I believe the quote was:

This is something Drizzy would be great at

Hi! Waves

Haha aww that's so nice :)

I really need to get caught up with my own characters so that I can start getting some more Sherpa time in. I had one crackhead session to beat the blind raid but otherwise playtime has been pretty limited :-/

Strider

so would someone please answer this whats the deal when patroling on the dreadnought theyre is not one other person here ..... wtf .. ive made 3 games and no one is here." was wanting to do some CoO and maybe get randoms in but no one is here...

is it an rng thing for when you start a game...i dont understand..:(

I have this same problem. Every time I go to CoO no one is there. sucks :(

It's not really about the level. It's about strategy.

If you camp the entrance and try to pop shots out you'll never make it on time. What my successful run did was run out left with Tether + Hammer time to destroy that set of ads, and start rotating / seeking cover cleaning up. When the ads are down, damage the boss and then regroup and super / rocket ads when they start spawning again. Rinse repeat with a lot of care.

Camping just doesn't work here in my experience. You could be all 310s and if you're not coordinating your supers and calling out where the spawns are so they can be heavied you'll always get overwhelmed.

I hope this is not a single day event I'll like to try this again still I was 282 so high level going in could not hurt wish I knew all of this before

I was seeking cover a lot

is there any reason to hold on to fatebringer and word of crota? i really want to get the ace of spades but i have no other hand cannons and they don't seem to drop.

I have this same problem. Every time I go to CoO no one is there. sucks :(

In my experience if you do a couple Tier 1s first it draws some attention and people start piling up, then you can crank it up to Tier 2 and 3. Of course today might be too much spindle hype for anything else.

You'll find out tomorrow.

The fact that Destiny is capable of having these kind of surprises in this day and age just reaffirms just how damn great this game really is.

My group that I got the spindle with were wildly discussing other secrets this game might have and how exciting it is that a game can hide secrets like this.

Can't wait to see what she has.

Zombine

Banned
Well that wasn't too bad

7fb105b163c9035ac9c8fba93b648858_square_fullsize.jpg

Strider

In my experience if you do a couple Tier 1s first it draws some attention and people start piling up, then you can crank it up to Tier 2 and 3. Of course today might be too much spindle hype for anything else.

No I mean when I go to the hall of souls there's literally no one on my patrol list that's "near" me... It's not a matter of them just not coming over to the Court

For my spindle run we had a sunbreaker, stormcaller, and a gunslinger.
We all had our super at the ready

Sunbreaker: i focused mostly on ads, after we got those blight bubbles down, popped my super and killed as many ads as I could then switched to the sword and killed any remaining

Stormcaller: focused on ads and boss, After I used my super he used his and cleared somes ads and generated orbs towards my next super

Gunslinger: focused soley on the boss with sniper and rockets; also had the celestial nighthawk to nail into the bosses healt

We all managed to get another super in an was able to throw a couple of hammers at the boss, once he was down the ads were easy street

This requires as much teamwork as a raid/ high end PoE: spend too much time on ads and you'll definitely run out of time(first couple of tries ended because of this) focused on the boss and too many ads will descend on your area(which I'm assuming is the entrance to the final boss area ) and you'll be blinded before you can get off some decent shots. Everybody has to do something.

LiK

Anyone doing Daily that doesn't involve Spindle? I just need marks. I mean, if I can join one, that would be nice to get.

Everyone is too busy getting the Spindle that the Raid has been forgotten!

Just had to get around to doing the Chaperone now which was easy enough even with randoms.

MechDX

The fact that Destiny is capable of having these kind of surprises in this day and age just reaffirms just how damn great this game really is.

My group that I got the spindle with were wildly discussing other secrets this game might have and how exciting it is that a game can hide secrets like this.

Can't wait to see what she has.

I will not be happy until a hidden quest is revealed and you need the Khvostov 7G-02 to get the ultra rare exotic gun

I will finally have the last laugh keeping mine all this time!

Top Bottom