• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
I hope this is not a single day event I'll like to try this again still I was 282 so high level going in could not hurt wish I knew all of this before

I was seeking cover a lot
If you don't get it today you can have another chance at it the next time this particular mission is featured as the Daily Heroic. Given the strong preference for DLC missions as the Dailies, shouldn't be more than 2 weeks.

yea we can't stay in that center room at all. it just wastes our DPS time. there are no angles on anything and the boss blocks our view with black orbs every few seconds.

MrDaravon

Watching floe right now on Twitch trying to do this lol

I just gave the PS4 to my wife to play Until Dawn, way too stressed out after a full day of trying to do it. Was thinking about getting back on but nope. If I can't do it at 304 now I'll just wait until it comes up next time and hopefully I'll be even higher along with everyone else or something.

nOoblet16

The spindle mission is easy if you split the team into a team of two and another of just one.

So at start the team of two clears out the ads while the single guy helps them a bit and once the numbers are manageable he leaves them to it and starts shooting the boss. After a while when the ads are almost down to just a handful the other two start shooting the boss while the single guy runs around to clear out the handful of ads.

Basically this means that the Boss is constantly getting hit, even when the ads are being cleared...since the roles are being alternated according to the situation.

The psions are actually a priority here because of their ability to divide and overwhelm you. Captains are also a priority because they are another source of that black goo that blinds you, rest can wait until these two are taken care of.

yea we can't stay in that center room at all. it just wastes our DPS time. there are no angles on anything and the boss blocks our view with black orbs every few seconds.

My group had 2 guys stay near the entrance and focus a lot on the boss, while I was farther down and to the right to work on adds as well as try and distract the boss from his death orb. We focused boss first then worked on the adds. We had the boss down with around 3:20 left and killed the last add with 1:15. A voidbow hunter is very useful for orb generation on this fight.

Stay in the corridor and chain your super on the adds.
Focus on the blight balls first, then the adds, then the boss.
Generate as much orbs as possible.

chain what super? we have a nightstalker, defender and sunsinger.
my super doesn't work if we can't see the adds, as is the case from the center room
we can't see the blights from there either

R0ckman

Anyone mind helping me with spindle? Spent all day at it...

my super doesn't work if we can't see the adds, as is the case from the center room
we can't see the blights from there either

I agree with Zoba, I feel the strategies are anecdotal really. There have been times where my super does absolutely nothing or the orbs actually negate them.

Dumb question but my son asked me this:

Why such a fuss over a gun with a nerfed perk?
Why not use Hereafter instead?

Guaranteed 310 gun is reason enough to do it.

Spindle will still wreck
Warpriest and Golgoroth
since they have easy crit spots, you'll just have to synth up afterward.

Shito

we can't see the blights from here either

orbs are pointless. nothing is dying.
Defender should switch to hammers.
That's what did it for us.
We had that team composition.
Sunsinger needs to use his super, not wait for it when he dies.

Top Bottom