• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Anyone on Xbox interested in raiding in <1 hour? We have 4/6 right now.

P.S. Black spindle mission is hard! We tried twice but I think I'll just come back with better gear next time, feel like a good cluster bomb rocket launcher could really help in clearing the room.

phen0m24

New and shiny is always better, son.

Pokemon. Wise man that lik

Guaranteed 310 gun is reason enough to do it.

Spindle will still wreck
Warpriest and Golgoroth
since they have easy crit spots, you'll just have to synth up afterward.

Sounds like a good reason
for you to log in and help me later
;)

it's a 310 weapon which you can duplicate for almost free (1 exotic shard) and infuse every other weapon.

Now this, this is the answer. Dipro you're a genius.
I hope you got one making up for those alpha lupis.

Drizz signal!!

ocean

Banned
Dumb question but my son asked me this:

Why such a fuss over a gun with a nerfed perk?
Why not use Hereafter instead?
It's the highest impact sniper in the game (tied with Efrideet's but we don't have a Y2 of that yet) and it allows you to chain over a dozen crits without losing valuable time to reload. This pushes the damage it can deal in a given time frame far beyond what any other sniper is capable of (assuming you're dealing with a stationary crit spot).

Chaining off consecutive crits is a lot more practical than chaining off consecutive kills because this procs when you need it most - against the kind of enemy who can eat tons of sniper hits :p (raid/strike bosses)

Defender should switch to hammers.
That's what did it for us.
We had that team composition.
Sunsinger needs to use his super, not wait for it when he dies.

we'll try it and see. i

apparently i need to make a Titan because I don't understand the Sunbreaker class at all.

Gammacide

Gah!! I won't be home til 10 EST from work! I really hope there'll still be some folks that still need their Spindles ready to fireteam it up!!

nowai

OMG! That was the hardest shit I have ever done in Destiny.

If I would have been lucky on drops from the raid with Taken damage guns, I could see it being easier.

5 failures on time overs before getting it with 15 seconds too go! Now I want to go shoot a raid boss in the face so hard with this beautify Black Spindle.

DNAbro

So I was curious that maybe No Time to Explain was hidden in the Paradox mission like spindle was hidden. I did the most of the mission on heroic and then after the Gorgon's Labyrinth portion I realized I could go further down. I made to the Gatekeepers' Door(there weren't any platforms spawning) and of course it was closed. Probably nothing in there.

Also https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/155921520

Looks like Black Spindle being 310 is a mistake.

Qblivion

Thing that pisses me off the most about quitters is that there is no way to actually report them for quitting. Once they are gone from the game they are gone from the roster and psn doesn't show destiny in the recently played with list.

The one time I just had someone idle (they actually ran to the first encounter with us, but literally sat down right outside of aggro range) I was able to report them thankfully.

Ugh... I really don't want to, but... I'm up for spindle. Just can't walk away from a 310 weapon I can use to infuse all my other specials. The gun itself I really don't care that much about.

PSN robertlebrone if anyone needs another.

Oscar

we'll try it and see. i

apparently i need to make a Titan because I don't understand the Sunbreaker class at all.
Yeah Sunbreaker is more useful in that scenario where it's essentially a DPS race.

Hammers + Explosive Pyre perk = easy Black Spindle.

Zoidberg

So I was curious that maybe No Time to Explain was hidden in the Paradox mission like spindle was hidden. I did the most of the mission on heroic and then after the Gorgon's Labyrinth portion I realized I could go further down. I made to the Gatekeepers' Door(there weren't any platforms spawning) and of course it was closed. Probably nothing in there.

Also https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/155921520

Looks like Black Spindle being 310 is a mistake.

One of the designers said it's only available as the daily heroic, so there's a good chance this stuff is in other missions, we just need to explore every daily now.

Top Bottom