• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Seventy_X_Seven said:
Question regarding the new exotics, is the database showing stuff that's not actually in game? The database shows a year 2 version of all year 1 exotic armors, but besides that there's some new ones that I've never seen nor do I see a spot for them on the kiosk (I know you need discovery, but there's not even a placeholder engram for these)

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/armor?tier=16&expansion=ttk

Astrocyte Verse

Ophidian Aspect

Transversive Steps

Nobody know?

Shito

the super doesn't kill anything - guns do. and they all have shields and aim bots. and nightstalker likes to jump and float to cast its super so by the time i shoot something i'm dead.
The majority of the adds around those bubbles don't have shields, and die alright from the super.
Also helps with the psions at the end.

I did it as a nightstalker and I felt like I was contributing. ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7wSwakHdZc

Strider

the super doesn't kill anything - guns do. and they all have shields and aim bots. and nightstalker likes to jump and float to cast its super so by the time i shoot something i'm dead.

Are you not using the perk that deals explosion damage when enemies die? I forget what it's called...

Shadow shot did well for me On that mission

Are you not using the perk that deals explosion damage when enemies die? I forget what it's called...

that's what i was doing. i'd shoot an arrow and nothing would happen and it felt like i just wasted a super. how am i supposed to poke out to shoot anything when giant squid balls are blocking my vision?

Three heroic strikes in a row and three times in a row everyone quits in less that a minute
what the hell

Had a guy quit earlier because we didn't want to fight the hive on the Taniks strike, presumably because of a bounty.

I assume those types will be gone in a few weeks when other games come out.

zewone

Don't tell me it's cool, you'll make me wanna get in there again.

I think it looks like butt.

CPnETsFWUAE5_hx.jpg:orig

Shito

that's what i was doing. i'd shoot an arrow and nothing would happen and it felt like i just wasted a super. how am i supposed to poke out to shoot anything when giant squid balls are blocking my vision?
What is Kadey running?
Having a solar warlock or titan helps a lot in dealing with those pesky captains.

Justinh

Oh, I always use the perk that generates orbs, I guess I should switch that up especially since I'm usually soloing...

Totally forgot about that.

edit: oh wait, I meant the one that makes it last longer. diff tier. I guess there's not reason not to use it then...

I saw that my black spindle was 300 in the blueprint kiosk!
Not 280 like every other exotic in there! Even my touch of malice is 280 in there.

Buy it again and lvl up your other special weapons to 300 guys!

Namikaze1

Like I mentioned earlier, if you have the exotic solar sword, you can fuck up a Captain's or fire knight's day with a single R2. Takes 2 R2 to take down the Taken Phalanx. I went around killing them with that sword. That uppercut is so good.

Klyka

Banned
Too late for me today to try something like Spindle that requires multiple tries. Sucks, but I gotta wait till it becomes daily next time.

Enjoy your spindles bros!

vac

Neo Member

I mean you can clear like half the room in one super... Once it's all tethered and you start shooting it and those crits start popping oh boy! Orbs for days too.

IronRinn

Titan at 271. Not sure I'm high enough level but I would be willing to take a shot at the Spindle. PSN is the same as my GAF name. Online now.

FinKL

I saw that my black spindle was 300 in the blueprint kiosk!
Not 280 like every other exotic in there! Even my touch of malice is 280 in there.

Buy it again and lvl up your other special weapons to 300 guys!

I don't know where everyone is getting Shards from, I spent all my Strange Coins on 3oCoins so not sure where you can get an unlimited supply from...

Trace

Banned
Titan at 271. Not sure I'm high enough level but I would be willing to take a shot at the Spindle. PSN is the same as my GAF name. Online now.

Not to be a debbie downer, but you have no chance at that level. Even 300s can have trouble with it.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you have the exotic solar sword, you can fuck up a Captain's or fire knight's day with a single R2. Takes 2 R2 to take down the Taken Phalanx. I went around killing them with that sword. That uppercut is so good.

Yep, it's freaking godlike. Love it now, and I wasn't a big fan of the legendary version.

Strider

Poke and shoot? are all of you just camping the doorways and staying n that small room at the entrance? When we did that we failed but the 2nd time we spread out more and completed it. Use the entrance room as a safety net you can run back to, not constant cover. That's what worked for us.

Also one person running the sword is really helpful

Top Bottom