• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Wait...Spindles that already dropped will have their attack reduced? Wtf I thought it was just any new drops AFTER the patch that will be affected

D:

Fuck I want it to stay at 310 if I get it before the patch cause I actually like it

Shito

What if i buy a new spindle and infuse the 310 spindle into it? Its gonna become like a 308 spindle. Will it still drop to 290?
No one knows. :D

I think I'll just buy 300 ones from the kiosk to infuse a few specials to 300, and take the hit on the 310 one.
And hey, maybe Bungie will change stance if we make enough of a fuss about it? ^^
Someone should tweet kotaku about that...

Yeah, they're long, involved, and not NEARLY as difficult as getting the Spindle. Length =/= Challenge.

You can't be serious. I'd rather eventually get this after a few solid tries than do the Touch of Malice quest line again. This is essentially a hard 10 minutes for an exotic of comparable efficacy.

Zoidberg

Keep in mind that a 290 spindle for what you need to do is still reasonable, it has the potential to be a great raid weapon and drops at the required light to do the raid. If you don't want raid weapons, infuse it up.

Boolean Gemini drops at 290 and requires you to complete lengthy quest chains for variks and petra, along with being rank 3 queens.

Chaperone drops at 290 at the end of its lengthy quest.

The gunsmith rank 3 exotic weapons drop at 280 for some shitty, shitty reason.

The only 310 one so far was the swords, and fair enough given they are a big thing at the moment.

Bogeypop

I know lnkn has been asking for a while, and I was going to stick with first come first serve, but I didn't realize there were a bunch of people waiting. Thought most were just asking in passing and found another group.

I asked a while back mind helping me and another?

Arekkusu77

I will DEFINITELY get you and your friend next as you've been asking for a while as well.

Me. Posted before you for help :p ? PSN - Kartik21.

I don't recall seeing you ask before, but I'll take your word for it. Should really make a numbered list like a LFG post, but I think it would be too messy and spam-y....

pixxxelz

Anyone want to help me with the "sealing the blade" part of the "a sword reforged" bounty? This part seems to be impossible to do with randos.

MrDaravon

Damn Bogey where were you when I was doing it for like 7 hours lol :(

I can't get on the game right now, how do you start the exotic sword quest? I've gotten my regular sword but that's it.

We need a sixth for King's Fall, starting from the beginning. Will be going at it for about 2.5 hours tonight. Completing tomorrow night. Trying to get past
Gorgoroth
tonight.

Starting now. Would prefer experience (sorry) because we're doing a bit of a speed run.

Who wants in?

Lnkn52

I know lnkn has been asking for a while, and I was going to stick with first come first serve, but I didn't realize there were a bunch of people waiting. Thought most were just asking in passing and found another group.

I will DEFINITELY get you and your friend next as you've been asking for a while as well.

I don't recall seeing you ask before, but I'll take your word for it. Should really make a numbered list like a LFG post, but I think it would be too messy and spam-y....

Sent you a FR.

Zoidberg

Loophole: infuse a 310 Spindle into a 300 Spindle. It'll be like 308?

Then it's both a Spindle (getting nerfed) and an infused weapon (not getting nerfed), and you'll fry Bungie's servers while they try to parse Deejspeak.

They aren't going to do something like take spindle (310) and change attack to 290. They will take spindle (xxx) and change attack to 290. If it's a rushed fix, and it will be, they aren't going to fuss around trying to identify infused spindles vs non-infused.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Nerfing it down is insane. How could bungie think that's okay? I can't believe they would turn such a great moment into such a shitty one... Just, wow. So I guess just infuse as much as possible? Urgh, it felt like a great reward for a real challenge before. This is just weird.

So do we know for sure they are nerfing the value of the Spindle? Like should I infuse one into another?

Edit: nvm =, just saw the bungie post

Strider

I know everyone is still hype on the spindle but it's calmed down a little bit since I asked previously so I'm gonna try again...

Can you get fragments from CoO from other people's runes or just your own? I need 3-4 fragments from tier 2 but I only have 1 stolen rune...

I'm gonna need some major help getting the last 7 fragments I need. Wish I could do them solo :/

Trakan

I know everyone is still hype on the spindle but it's calmed down a little bit since I asked previously so I'm gonna try again...

Can you get fragments from CoO from other people's runes or just your own? I need 3-4 fragments from tier 2 but I only have 1 stolen rune...

I'm gonna need some major help getting the last 7 fragments I need. Wish I could do them solo :/

Only your own.

MrDaravon

Nerfing it down is insane. How could bungie think that's okay? I can't believe they would turn such a great moment into such a shitty one... Just, wow. So I guess just infuse as much as possible? Urgh, it felt like a great reward for a real challenge before. This is just weird.

Except for the exotic sword quest there's a ton of other exotic items that require extremely lengthy and involved quest chains and you only get them at 280. Having a 310 one drop for a mission that takes 15-10 minutes total upon a successful run is kind of insane.

Where they really dropped the ball though is they should have communicated this immediately, waiting until the end of the day was a really bad move on their part, unless internally they were debating on nerfing it or not maybe.

xCobalt

I'm sitting at 260 light or so and I'm beginning to accumulate legendary marks. Any suggestions on what I should prioritize with my marks?

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm sitting at 260 light or so and I'm beginning to accumulate legendary marks. Any suggestions on what I should prioritize with my marks?

If you get vanguard rank 3 you can buy 280 legendary gear from your class trainer. But honestly you will use them the most for infusing weapons.

SheHateMe

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Damn it, Bungie.

*sigh* I give up. Work is destroying my Destiny play time. But if I don't work, I can't play Destiny. But I can't play Destiny if I'm at work-

Code:
[IMG]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111105041438/simpsons/images/6/61/Robot.png[/IMG]

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You can't be serious. I'd rather eventually get this after a few solid tries than do the Touch of Malice quest line again. This is essentially a hard 10 minutes for an exotic of comparable efficacy.

I'm 100% serious. Any idiot can farm flakes and beat their head long enough to get 25 guardian kills with a sword hilt. There's nothing hard about anything in the exotic sword quest line barring the last step, which is a moderate challenge. This thing is way more intense than even Oryx. I don't know why the length has to enter into it.

MrDaravon

The vanguard ghost is the typical recommendation because it's 280, and ghosts generally are the rarest item types to drop so that's the biggest bang for your buck early on.

We need a sixth for King's Fall, starting from the beginning. Will be going at it for about 2.5 hours tonight. Completing tomorrow night. Trying to get past Gorgoroth tonight.

Starting now. Would prefer experience (sorry) because we're doing a bit of a speed run.

Who wants in?

Yeah I don't think I'll be getting Spindle. My fireteam members got theirs earlier today and quit on me after a few tries just now. Got close though, killed him with ~45 seconds or so left but couldn't get the adds. I'm assuming it'll be a long while until this is a heroic again so that's a shame.

Top Bottom