• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

k1t4j

does that mean that if I infuse a 300 spindle that I bought with my 310 spindle I will still get to keep a 310 spindle?

Deej is saying infused weapons won't be affected :D

FyreWulff

Deej said:
Hello, Guardians.

Right this every minute, many of you are acquiring Black Spindle. Surprise!

Wouldn't you know it, there is a bug that is enabling some of these weapons to drop at 310 - that's 20 points higher than intended. In the near future, we'll be releasing an update that will adjust the Black Spindle to match the attack rating for other Year Two Exotics.

It has also come to our attention that you are using this new acquisition to Infuse your other weapons. Good on you. Have fun with that. None of those weapons will be affected by this change - only the Spindle.

So DeeJ just posted and said that the 310 version of Spindle is a bug. Spindles will be reverted to 290 after a patch. Those that used duplicate Spindles to ascend weapons won't be effected.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'd wager they will nerf every spindle regardless. It's the quickest way for them to fix it. I'd expect all spindles to go 290 and the kiosk to go 280.

They mentioned weapons that consumed a spindle will stay.

So what your saying is infuse the 310 to the 300 and I should be fine since it's going to come to about 308 I think it is or so

JTripper

I'd wager they will nerf every spindle regardless. It's the quickest way for them to fix it. I'd expect all spindles to go 290 and the kiosk to go 280.

That would make most sense, but then ultimately becomes pointless to even get a spindle because of what you actually have to do to get one.

That mission was well deserving of a 310 exotic for what you had to do.

I can see why it's supposed to drop at 290. The two 310 exotics that we know of are part of really, really involved quests. Spindle is a one and done despite the difficulty

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is Bungie actually going to nerf the Spindles that people ALREADY obtained?

What an immensely shitty decision. Like, what a dumbfoundingly shit idea. Make it so the new one drops at 290 then, this is some bullshit.

I can see why it's supposed to drop at 290. The two 310 exotics that we know of are part of really, really involved quests. Spindle is a one and done despite the difficulty

Yeah, they're long, involved, and not NEARLY as difficult as getting the Spindle. Length =/= Challenge.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I got so many blues from that run. Must've been like 30+.

And yeah going to infuse the hell out of stuff before this dumb patch. Stupid is stupid. Let the people who have already done it keep it as is. Nerf new ones and so forth if must.

ocean

Banned

Loophole: infuse a 310 Spindle into a 300 Spindle. It'll be like 308?

Then it's both a Spindle (getting nerfed) and an infused weapon (not getting nerfed), and you'll fry Bungie's servers while they try to parse Deejspeak.

Apparently so.
And yes, this is a bullshit move.
Don't know why they are not letting that one slip since it's probably one of the hardest thing to achieve in the game right now...

What if i buy a new spindle and infuse the 310 spindle into it? Its gonna become like a 308 spindle. Will it still drop to 290?

Top Bottom