• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Messiek

We need a sixth for King's Fall, starting from the beginning. Will be going at it for about 2.5 hours tonight. Completing tomorrow night. Trying to get past Gorgoroth tonight.

Starting now. Would prefer experience (sorry) because we're doing a bit of a speed run.

Who wants in?

I'm in

Zoidberg

Question for those that do have the spindle and used it:

Hype aside, is it actually good and worthy of the exotic slot with the nerfed white nail?

ViciousDS

Banned
We need a sixth for King's Fall, starting from the beginning. Will be going at it for about 2.5 hours tonight. Completing tomorrow night. Trying to get past Gorgoroth tonight.

Starting now. Would prefer experience (sorry) because we're doing a bit of a speed run.

Who wants in?

Damn I'm at gorgoroth, but never been past it

Agent

If anyone is looking for an extra to do the daily I'm down. I can bring a 295 Warlock, 291 Hunter, or 287 Titan. PSN: phantom8334

Kalamari

Loophole: infuse a 310 Spindle into a 300 Spindle. It'll be like 308?

Then it's both a Spindle (getting nerfed) and an infused weapon (not getting nerfed), and you'll fry Bungie's servers while they try to parse Deejspeak.

Are you a genius?

sephi22

Who wants in?

Me. sephi22
Have done till Golgoroth

ViciousDS

Banned
Got my spindle, going to help a real life buddy for his....anyone want to join? Bring a fire fusion rifle....it helps A LOT

PSN SC-ViciousDS

Hopefully next time this pops up as a daily I will be closer to 300 light. The joys of starting over again on a different console and wasting pretty much an entire week of playing..ha.

Sorta mad it won't be 310 like everyone is getting now but I guess with infusion it's not a huge deal.

Unlock your weapon first.

homer-doh.png

Strider

You're going to need a lot of help. Doing a lot of the heroic strikes/missions solo will be impossible.

Tbh idk what all is left besides the killing the wizard part... Which yea I'll probably need help for that.

I have gotten 38 fragments and did every Eros quest so far. The most recent was the undying mind strike which I was able to solo.

It's just getting 45 fragments and killing the wizard now right?

is the Spindle really that good?

I'm ordering pizza, food comes first. If anyone wants to join me after pizza for the daily, i will return back momentarily to see if anyone wants to do the daily

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Except for the exotic sword quest there's a ton of other exotic items that require extremely lengthy and involved quest chains and you only get them at 280. Having a 310 one drop for a mission that takes 15-10 minutes total upon a successful run is kind of insane.

Where they really dropped the ball though is they should have communicated this immediately, waiting until the end of the day was a really bad move on their part, unless internally they were debating on nerfing it or not maybe.
I get that to them it's just a glitch but to take away (some) of the reward from people who already did it just leaves me with a bad feeling. It's still a good weapon and everything of course but it's a bad feeling to lose something you already felt good about working hard for.

MrDaravon

I get that to them it's just a glitch but to take away (some) of the reward from people who already did it just leaves me with a bad feeling. It's still a good weapon and everything of course but it's a bad feeling to lose something you already felt good about working hard for.

But then if they only nerf it going forward that kind of unfairly fucks everyone afterwards who maybe couldn't get on today, couldn't get it done (like me), wasn't a high enough light level yet etc. It's a shitty situation all around, I think if they had communicated this in the first couple of hours it wouldn't have been nearly as bad, now you've had people beating their heads against it all day getting hit with the news.

Is there a way to mute PS message groups? Like I am in 4 large groups where it is cool and all but my phone has constantly been blown up with alerts from people posting :(

They're all going to change. It's universal for the weapon.

Not confirmed if it applies to a Spindle that is infused with another.

That's the loop-hole, to be safe infuse your 310 Spindle into a 300 Spindle

ocean

Banned
They aren't going to do something like take spindle (310) and change attack to 290. They will take spindle (xxx) and change attack to 290. If it's a rushed fix, and it will be, they aren't going to fuss around trying to identify infused spindles vs non-infused.
What if you took a 300 Spindle and took it to 305 infusing a Raid weapon? Will they just say fuck you and let you lose a Raid gun to nothingness? Surely they won't be that blunt.

I'm 100% serious. Any idiot can farm flakes and beat their head long enough to get 25 guardian kills with a sword hilt. There's nothing hard about anything in the exotic sword quest line barring the last step, which is a moderate challenge. This thing is way more intense than even Oryx. I don't know why the length has to enter into it.

Some people have 3 of these now. Once it's on farm is an exotic in a few minutes. Oryx himself doesn't have a guaranteed exotic and that's hours work if you did it day one before strategies came out. That's just a step of Touch of Malice. If Bungie doesn't think this is a 310 I find it hard to argue

shem935

Banned
What if you took a 300 Spindle and took it to 305 infusing a Raid weapon? Will they just say fuck you and let you lose a Raid gun to nothingness? Surely they won't be that blunt.

Nope. If you infuse stuff with a 300 or 310 spindle you can keep it.

Edit: Sorry misread. Yes they will drop your Spindle to 290 regardless.

Zoidberg

Well it's up to them I suppose. They can either change 310 to 290 and kiosk 300 to 280 and call it a day. Or they can put their knob hat on and go for gold on all of them. In the interest of a fix being done asap, I'd say they kind of have to go with the second option.

Are they retroactively nerfing Spindles that people already acquired?

If I get a 310 one today, will it suddenly become 290 after the patch?

Or is the nerf only for Spindles that drop after the patch?

Arsin

Quick question on what to spend my 126 Marks on. I am playing a titan and have mostly blue armor, one exotic primary weapon and legendary secondary weapon. I have a year one Exotic that has been upgraded to year two, the Alpha Lupine chest, I think. Should I just get the helmet from my vendor or should I go for the exotic? They have the same armor value as the other pieces and cost just about all of my marks. Not sure which would be the best option.

NeoRausch

For the page and a glimmer of hope:

291 titan (yeah, I level 1 point just for asking here) is look looking for some people to Sherpa him through the daily/spindel.
In my best run we got him down to the last third and the time ran out.

PSN: NeoRausch

Please send help, if you're capable!

Top Bottom