• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Nobody said that.
That was just a gaffer estimating.

That's the "if" part. It could be a blanket -20 on all spindles, or it could be just what dropped, with DeeJ speak you can never be sure.

Since you can have an infused spindle, both parts of his last sentence can't be true at the same time.

SPINDLE GET!!! Cleared with like 2:15 left

Man, if you don't take care of adds with the quickness, it becomes an unmanageable mess.

Any full raid groups forming?

LFG is the worst when it comes to grouping up for this stuff. "Must be 300+ super player."

Ugh.

After running this several times I don't disagree. This mission is high level BS and the more you can have in your favor the better.

That said the gun isn't worth the effort or anymore of my time so I'm not worrying about it anymore.

What a super tough daily. Loving the challenge. I just wish we can restart at the 10 minutes. I'll try again in 2 hours.

Bogey if you have room then and still doing it, I wouldn't mind a run!

Juraash

So with the nerf incoming I wonder if I should bother at all with the spindle. My fusion rifle is already 300, my Sniper that I do use is 295 and the kiosk versions will get it to 300. But I doubt my Susanoo will hit 310 off it. Watching people say they were at it for hours kinda puts me off.

Gammacide

I'm down for a Spindle finding mission if anyone is looking to do it. Tried twice before work and it was rooooouuuugh. Hopefully now the best tactics are known so I am looking to get it done. PSN is V1ctIm.

So with the nerf incoming I wonder if I should bother at all with the spindle. My fusion rifle is already 300, my Sniper that I do use is 295 and the kiosk versions will get it to 300. But I doubt my Susanoo will hit 310 off it. Watching people say they were at it for hours kinda puts me off.

If you haven't tried then definitely give it a shot. ymmv, but for me after about 8-9 total runs today I'm done.

j-wood

Got my black spindle on my 2nd attempt!

But I have no idea how. We had 30 seconds left and he had like 1/3 health left. I said screw it and went in with my sword. Got a few hits, died, got rezzed, got more hits in and then died again. At this point, the timer was gone, but the hunter in our group shot his bow as I died the 2nd time, and then it said mission complete and we got the exotic.

Also, everyone saw the update from bungie right? About a patch knocking this weapon down to it's intended value of 290?

If I use a tier 2 at CoO and fail is that it? I lose the rune?

If so i really need another for CoO now. PSN = jen867530nine.

Where the fuck are all the randoms anyway? This is lame.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thx. I hate (and completely understand as someone who works for a corporation) that it falls to Deej to make this kind of announcement. :p

20 points higher than expected for other year 2 exotics meaning "Year 2 Exotics have 290 attack"- so are the "some of these weapons" he's referring to the other Exotics that have popped at 310 from engrams? Is that a bug?

Is the only route toward getting Exotics with higher attack/defense than 290 going to be infusing blues and raid drops? Sort of confounds my expectations of what exotics were supposed to be. I had hoped that eventually there would be a non-RNG way to upgrade any exotic to max attack/defense and this was a hint as to how it could work (unlocking a first 300 attack kiosk exotic). A real shame.

Presumably this affects certain weapons that are already in inventories meaning that if you use two Spindles to infuse some other exotic to 310 that will remain at 310 but not the spindle itself. Bahaha. Whatever.

I'd like a few other weapons raised up to 300 anyway so it's still more than worthwhile for me at the moment. I wonder if I can speedlevel my titan up to get a second one tonight or not. We'll see.

Brb then i'll give it a shot
So how am I supposed to read this? Will they retroactively nerf my 310 spindle down to 290?

If so, what if I by a 300 spindle and infuse my 310 into that to get it to say 307, will it then stay at 307?
Hahaha indeed

Spent over an hour trying to run into randoms doing CoO last night. Even after reading that reddit thread about slowing down between different locations I never found anyone. So frustrating!

Want that 300 artifact!

So, I grabbed three test weapons from the Gunsmith, finish them, go back to get the rest of them, but I can't because it says I've already finished them even though I didn't. Awesome.

Agent

LFG sites never work well for me.

Stick with DGAF and r/Fireteams

I've never used /r/fireteams...I don't even have a Reddit account somehow haha. I'll have to try it out. DGAF tends to not work out for me most of the time, unfortunately. I wish it did.

Top Bottom