• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Shito

Bogey is the hero of the day!
This man deserves his grimoire card in the next OT...

So how am I supposed to read this? Will they retroactively nerf my 310 spindle down to 290?

If so, what if I by a 300 spindle and infuse my 310 into that to get it to say 307, will it then stay at 307?
We don't know.
Only thing that seems guaranteed is that other weapons infused with a Spindle will not be affected.
But they could very well just do -20 on all Spindles and call it a day...

Gammacide

Change of plans. Looks like Afros friend needs it to. Gonna have to wait for the next one, but you definitely have a spot saved.
Is the spot next to him open at all? I still need to find a way to get it done too and it would be great with a tried and true guardian who has done it successfully. My PSN is V1ctIm if it is open. :)

SnakeEyes

Banned
Bogey is the hero of the day!
This man deserves his grimoire card in the next OT...

We don't know.
Only thing that seems guaranteed is that other weapons infused with a Spindle will not be affected.
Nah, they can't do that - kiosk-bought Black Spindles are 300 instead of 310, so if you infuse your dropped one to a bought one and get it to 307, then you'd see a 287 Black Spindle post-nerf.

This Spindle thing is pretty shitty. I get that Bungie wants to make things challenging to get an exotic but hiding and peaking around corners every few seconds to get blinded and have to get back to cover is the exact opposite of what I wanted from end game content. Was hoping after PoE they would have been done with that. Been running this with 2 others over 300 light and still haven't gotten it yet.

Went to farm glimmer in Exclusion Zone, but that seems to be nerfed, too.
Yellows now give only 30 glimmer with the buff and the last few of them don't give anything at all. Weird.

Nicodemic

Hey! Hit me up if you wanna try for the Black Spindle. PSN ID: Nicodemic

In fact, add me for anything. I'll be doing raids new and old, nightfall, heroics whatever. Got a titan light level 290 at the moment.

This sucks, I usually don't have time to do raids so this Spindle Rifle is awesome, now they are going to Nerf it? I bought a few 300s to infuse my other special weapons up to 300 but I really really want to keep this as a 310. I wish they would be clear about what is happening and if it's retroactive.

Since I don't have any exotic specials yet, any of the vendor/legendary-mark-purchaseable specials worth grabbing to infuse? My 1000-Yard Stare didn't get the world's greatest roll.

Simo

Hey! Hit me up if you wanna try for the Black Spindle. PSN ID: Nicodemic

In fact, add me for anything. I'll be doing raids new and old, nightfall, heroics whatever. Got a titan light level 290 at the moment.

I'd be down! PSN is DGSimo, mate!

Shito

Btw, exotic swords guy, this spindle thing made me not follow that very much: does it replace your legendary sword with an exotic version in the end?

Ezio

Hey guys, newer player looking for people to play with on PS4 - PSN: SorrowsEnd82

Currently running Sunbreaker light level is 272 currently, i do have a mic.

Which subclasses did y'all use?
All wizards with the new subclass.
Make sure to coordinate supers so there are a lot of orbs. We basically took out the black orb things ASAP, then damaged the boss until more mobs spawned. Used a super to kill as many mobs as possible, then started damaging the boss again. Rinse and repeat. It's pretty tough.

What if we take a 300 spindle. Infuse with a raid fusion rifle (cuz it sucks) and get it to 304/305. Then take our 310 spindle and infuse to get 309/310.

I'm willing to do this if I know we won't get fucked.

What if we take a 300 spindle. Infuse with a raid fusion rifle (cuz it sucks) and get it to 304/305. Then take our 310 spindle and infuse to get 309/310.

I'm willing to do this if I know we won't get fucked.

If you're gonna feed it a raid weapon its probably best to wait to see what they'll actually do. If they subtract 20 you lose out on having a 300-ish spindle instead of a 280-something

Trickster

We don't know.

Already infused my 310 into a 300 one, guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. But I just think it's annoying that they're going to change it at all. The exotic sword quest rewards a 310 weapon, and that shit was waaay easier, albeit a longer and much more grindy process.

MrDaravon

Honestly if they're going to knock it down to 290 I'm hoping they lower the difficulty of the mission a bit. I'm actually able to get back on the game now finally but I'm honestly too crushed from ~7 hours of failure to even attempt it anymore, especially if they're nerfing it. It would be kinda rad to get one of my special weapons up to ~305 and then a couple others up to 300 (using blueprints), but I just don't have it in me anymore.

I mostly feel bad for Trout, he's done a bunch for the community and he was never able to get it, we got pretty close on our last run but nada. Godspeed to anyone trying to grind it out tonight before the reset.

Top Bottom