• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

xinek

My hunter is light 287, I figured instead of gimping a group for spindle I will level up some more.

between strikes, story mode, ext I had about 12 emblems (1 legendary)

All of them turned into gear that was - 20 light or so from what I was already wearing. Up until this point everything had been improved.

Is there a change in how I am supposed to progress?

This is happening to me, too, and I'm around your level. I did get one engram today that boosted my light level, but the majority now are much lower than the gear I'm wearing. Guess it's to prompt you to go get raid gear or something?

Justinh

Anyone on Xbone need to do the CoO thing for a quest?
I have 3 stolens charged and 1 antiquated just burning a hole in my pocket...

I just ranked up the Queen's faction and got a cloak that's 290 o_O

that's the one I wear, I wish my old queen branded helmet and chest armor weren't worthless now

that's the helmet I wear too, I love that I don't have to choose between keen scout and shade step

Nori Chan

I just ranked up the Queen's faction and got a cloak that's 290 o_O

veKBmYa.jpg

BraXzy

Someone fill me in on this nerf nonsense...? Link?

Ugh Bungie whyyy!

As cool as the sniper is, part of the reason it was well worth doing a million attempts to get it was because it was already at full damage. So I guess I will infuse a legendary sniper to 310 using the raid fusion and this.

Which legendary sniper is considered best? Currently have the 1000-Yard Stare and pretty happy with it.

You win, Destiny. I give up on the Spindle. I have been beaten by a video game.

What's the point of that? It's a secret exotic it should be decent value attack. What is more bothersome is that they'll quickly fix this but when there have been weapon balance issues that detract from everyone's experience they wait for months to make a change.

And then the changes don't do shit, re: sniper shotguns.

Frenden

Banned
I got a 300 drop of the FWC cloak out of an engram today. It's so fugly and goes with nothing, but it's so high light that I have to equip it.

Bogeypop

Awesome. Take care of yourself, dude. I sent you a PM and a PSN friend request a while back. I've done it ~12 or 13 times today, but all my teams had a DPS problem on the boss/adds phase. We just didn't burn the house down quick enough.

I'd love to give it a shot later if you're around and feel up to it. But, seriously, if you're sick stop! Heh.

Just finished taking my bath, I feel a little better. Gonna grab something to eat and you're the first in line for Blackhammer 2.0.

Again, send me PMs if you want help. I'll do my best to try and get to everyone, but I make no promises.

is there any value at all in vanguard strikes once you're over 290? i've heard people say they got strike-specific items from them, but people also say you can only get them from heroics. i was doing some vanguards earlier and the blue i was getting were all much lower than 290.

LTWood12

Just finished taking my bath, I feel a little better. Gonna grab something to eat and you're the first in line for Blackhammer 2.0.

Again, send me PMs if you want help. I'll do my best to try and get to everyone, but I make no promises.

Could you help T-44 and I? We're hitting a wall

R0ckman

What's the point of that? It's a secret exotic it should be decent value attack. What is more bothersome is that they'll quickly fix this but when there have been weapon balance issues that detract from everyone's experience they wait for months to make a change.

In some cases I blame us, even myself. We complain about bugs and stuff in the raids but we continue to make teams because of the hunger for teh loots. I'm surprised and baffled Bungie got out of the Crota's End release without fixing any of the bugs but fixing all the exploits.

lt519

It could potentially undermine the entire raid and make it trivial if people have teams of 6 running around with 310 spindles. I know the section we were struggling on it would of made it 5 times easier. I get why they did it and rebalancing entire weapon classes is different than a quick nerf on a gun. They made the mistake before with Horn and are learning from it, they made a weapon that people leaned on to get through difficult content and in turn had to make content that worked around the weapon people leaned on (higher health enemies). They probably didn't want the same to happen with TTK. Maybe they originally meant it to be 310 but saw how much people relied on snipers in the raid and decided it would break the raid.

LiK

I'm 263 now. Can I board?

BLCKATK

Hey guys! Anyone interested in going for a Spindle, or maybe some Strikes/CoO? Just looking to play right now honestly. PSN is Azys_, gimmie a shout!

darthbob

It does seem like it was an honest bug, as I doubt that this particular mission came up in QA but I do feel like correcting it is a bit of an overreaction as it doesn't really break the game. (at least in a way that i can see)

MrDaravon

It is goddamn impossible to win a single goddamn game in Crucible with randoms, but what's new I guess. Did have a great moment in Control where I was capping B, saw a bunch of enemies coming towards me and I tethered them from just around the corner so they verrrrrry slowly were trying to get around the corner and I just started dancing while I fully capped it. Good times.

And goddamn it I missed bogey again lol. Figures.

I don't know how to join the daily crucible Playlist. Help. Where is it located?

Bottom left hand row of icons on the main Director screen.

Gonna infuse my raid fusion rifle to 309 with the spindle. I can then get a 280 spindle back to 307 after patch. Guess that's the best I can do unless I get another raid special between now and then.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Started my hunter over an hour ago and already raid ready.

GAgg3zs.png

Thought it would take me days to get to this.

Up for NF and some raiding, etc.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Amazing. Struggle all day trying to do the daily then smash it back to back rolling out of bed.

I'm actually happy its so hard to do for a lot of people.

Guys, can anyone clarify how I'm supposed to get the T3 CoO calcified fragments?

XLVII 47 Hall of Souls Week 2 Court of Oryx T3 tasssssssss Apocalypse Refrains

XLIX 49 Hall of Souls Week 1 Court of Oryx T3 esoterickk Forever and a Blade

I beat mini crota today and didng't get any of these 2. is it random? Does it need to be me that insert the rune for me to get the fragsments?

Rehsa

Eh unless some really awesome people are willing to help my 282 Hunter try for the Spindle I will just catch it the next time around at the nerfed level

Edit:

If you're still around, it's time for the Spindle!

Let's go!

Not sure what your queue is like, but if you have a spot later would like to try for it.

chur

Guys, can anyone clarify how I'm supposed to get the T3 CoO calcified fragments?

I beat mini crota today and didng't get any of these 2. is it random? Does it need to be me that insert the rune for me to get the fragsments?
The player that uses the rune is the one that gets the calcified fragment.

God fucking dammit. I've been running around for I dont know how long looking for a taken fucking Lt. and we get a fucking defend the warsat public event on top of it when one FINALLY comes and we dont kill the lieutenant before he despawns.

I'm getting seriously frustrated with this game. 0/3 Taken Lieutenants killed. Fuck me.

Edit: And I'm killing the wrong guys anyway lol. Nice.

MrDaravon

There's 4 or 5 fragments that drop from specific Tier 3 bosses, the bosses rotate on a weekly basis, so everyone has to wait for the last couple we're missing.

Top Bottom