• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Juraash

God fucking dammit. I've been running around for I dont know how long looking for a taken fucking Lt. and we get a fucking defend the warsat public event on top of it when one FINALLY comes and we dont kill the lieutenant before he despawns.

I'm getting seriously frustrated with this game. 0/3 Taken Lieutenants killed. Fuck me.

You know the lt. Is just the yellow taken mobs that spawn during those taken events right? It's not the boss you have to fight.

SheHateMe

I just got home and I'm beat. I don't have it in me to struggle for this damn rifle (that I'd just infuse anyway).

I'm only 251. Can't see myself jumping 39 light levels for a sniper rifle, especially since I have to work tomorrow.

I'm just going to keep my mantra: slow and steady. No need of burning through the content.

I'm going to be working on Armsday guns and finishing this Petra questline. Join on me if you want: Instant__Vintage.

OkayRene

Does anyone need an Agnaroch Rune kill? I have a charged one. I'm assuming we can both get a Calcified Fragment out of it.

That or does anyone need any Court of Oryx completions for a bounty/quest?

Does anyone need an Agnaroch Rune kill? I have a charged one. I'm assuming we can both get a Calcified Fragment out of it.

That or does anyone need any Court of Oryx completions for a bounty/quest?

I'm willing to give this a shot. Mine is not cherged but it would be nice to get the fragment.

Let me just kill mini crota once more.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
getting evrythang in my special weapon slot to 300 that i love right now huehue
Oh now he bangs it out...

;)

LOL

but seriously, the strat posted some ....30ish pages back is really the answer

orbs > adds > boss

when there are almost no enemies out, then let it fly on the boss. people shouldn't even be stressing over the psions either - they're super fodder. the important thing to do is to make absolutely sure you solar the fuck out of the knights and captains asap. the centurions are irritating, but they're not going to singlehandedly destroy your run like those other guys will

rocket launchers on spawning orbs is your friend

dont be that guy sitting on heavy ammo and not using it or holding a super for someone special.

I'm willing to give this a shot. Mine is not cherged but it would be nice to get the fragment.

Let me just kill mini crota once more.

During the event with the rune as the person without the charged rune get the kill on all the named taken majors and by the end you'll have a charged rune as well. With that you can open that chest spawns and get the calcified fragment.

Is the Argonach rune doable solo? I just charged mine. I also would like to try and take on the Ultra Knight if someone wants to jump in with me.

Voror

Well, I just reached the point in the story where the mission Lost to Light comes up so why not? Would anyone be willing to let me come along on a run to try and get the Spindle?

I'm only 252, but it can't hurt to try, right?

PSN MrDresden

Well, I just reached the point in the story where the mission Lost to Light comes up so why not? Would anyone be willing to let me come along on a run to try and get the Spindle?

I'm only 252, but it can't hurt to try, right?

PSN MrDresden

It needs to be the daily heroic version.

Zeekins

Neo Member
me (Montrealmac) and my buddy are looking for someone to help with the spindle quest on ps4 is anyone would like to join in.

It could potentially undermine the entire raid and make it trivial if people have teams of 6 running around with 310 spindles. I know the section we were struggling on it would of made it 5 times easier. I get why they did it and rebalancing entire weapon classes is different than a quick nerf on a gun. They made the mistake before with Horn and are learning from it, they made a weapon that people leaned on to get through difficult content and in turn had to make content that worked around the weapon people leaned on (higher health enemies). They probably didn't want the same to happen with TTK. Maybe they originally meant it to be 310 but saw how much people relied on snipers in the raid and decided it would break the raid.

I'm not talking about major rebalances. I'm talking about fixing Thorn final round glitch or TLW ads glitch. Actual bugs that took months to address despite objectively worsening the game. I don't buy the argument that they are worried people will lean too heavily on the weapon, as if that were the case they shouldn't have made it at all. They full well should have known people would rely on snipers in the raid as its encounters are all designed so that they are the optimal weapon. This weapon still won't break the raid at 310 because it can't sidestep the ammo economy the original black hammer did. Deciding reduce its level won't help much and just comes off as an overreaction.

zewone

Thanks, SlenderBeans.

Easy quest step.
3AQmK.gif

I don't think 3oC needs drop rate nerf, they just need limit it to Heroic Strikes, Nightfalls and Raids imo. It's huge oversight by Bungie to allow it to work with any major.

Let me rephrase. I think they need to nerf it so you can't spam it every mintue. Nerfing the drop rate is NOT the right way to do this.

Putting a ~5 minute cooldown on it OR your idea (Heroic Strikes, Nightfalls and Raids) would be the better ways of nerfing it.

Personally I think a cooldown is the best way to do it. I'd like to be able to still use it in standard strikes, story missions, etc.

Bogey still going?

What a great human being.

I got Black Spindle along with fast sniper reload gauntlets, and extra sniper ammo boots and chest (do those stack?)

I'm at about 294 now, hopefully I can raid this weekend. :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My Black Spindle scope won't change.
Known glitch? Is there a fix? Is mine broke? Should I exchange it for a 290 version?

Come on Bogey, I need your help! I keep getting close but no cigar. Any more takers? My last game got full if you sent me a request without response sorry.

Top Bottom