• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Lunar FC

Did they adjust the numbers on that paradox mission? It's showing a Hard for me now on my hunter when I think it was Normal when I did it on my titan. And my hunter is like 40 more light.

I will actually die too if I don't take a short break. I've seen you asking a lot so you definitely have a spot reserved. It'll be one or two runs from now since there are others in reserve.
Having done it a ton on (I assume) one character, have you ever gotten the ship on subsequent runs?

Did it 3x with my Titan, and once with a hastily leveled 288 hunter (in a team of three nightstalkers!), but no ship either time. Don't think I can get my warlock up fast enough for a third try, but if there is hope with my titan, I may have another few goes.

Edit: Just saw your post upthread. Well, looks like I'll be doing some sherpaing myself next time the mission comes around to get that ship.

Namikaze1

So who here is planning to suffer through two more exotic sword quests? I'm at the kill 50 majors / 25 Guardians step for Void and Arc swords.

Have they said anything about 3oC getting a nerf?

The cynical part of me agrees about the Spindle. I think honest to god they saw a Ghorn 2.0 situation forming - LFG KF MUST HAVE SPINDLE. Or they thought it trivialized the encounters in the raid. Surprise! That's what happens when you design literally every single encounter around tiny damage windows where the only way to win is maximize DPS, ie snipers.

Nothing since the initial statement that it would be nerfed. I expect some more info tomorrow in the weekly update.

MrDaravon

The Chaperone is fucking ridiculous in PvP, I'm in a match right now and I've literally given up even playing because 4 of the 6 people on the other team have it and are just casually one-shotting me from everywhere, it's madness.

So I come on GAF and hear about this new exotic called Black Spindle, which my friends and I promptly go out to get it and manage to do it on our first try with relative ease and over a minute and a half left on the clock, 12 hours later I come back on GAF and I read of people who have been struggling to get the weapon for multiple hours and someone even claiming that the Black Spindel is harder to get than the Touch of Malice.

post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-Im-YEwO.gif

Please teach me to be awesome like you bro

LiK

That's the first thing you should spend marks on right? I just want my hunter FWC helmet so bad already.

I bought boots first cuz I kept getting shit. Didn't know the ghost was so high level.

I also found a Saint-14 Ring artifact. I own his ring!

I fully understand why they should nerf 3oC.

I don't think they should even touch the Black Spindle. It is obviously very hard to get. And it is probably time locked. Why change it? <1% of Destiny players even have it right now.

Cruxist

Welp, I infused my 310 spindle into a 308 1000 Yard Stare. If they don't end up doing a -20 drop across the board, I'll be pissed at DeeJ yet again.

Shito

I just don't understand how a 310 sword is completely fine and the Spindle isn't. The only thing I could think of is the sword isn't useful against raid bosses.

People seem to be disagreeing on this one but I think the Spindle is more of an achievement. It is certainly harder to get for example the Chaperone, I'd be happy enough if they went midway and said 300 but 290 is a slap in the face. Almost makes me want to say goodbye to the game just based on Bungies attitude.

That may seem like a knee jerk reaction but how many other great moments/peoples time will they ruin with 'mistakes'?

At least come out and clarify the nerf before it happens at the very least.
Yep, already shared my views on this but I agree.
At least the good thing with all this is that I now have a few 300 weapons, and more importantly I feel like I achieved one hell of a feat in this game, and it will bring back good memories about today seeing your name in my friend list in the future. Gotta cherish what they can't take from us or nerf. ^^

And with this I'm off to bed, good night DGAF.
Feels weird saying that but I do hope tomorrow will be a normal day, as exhilarating as this all was I feel like I need one or two "routine" days on Destiny to recover haha... #gettingold

Dunlop

My hunter is light 287, I figured instead of gimping a group for spindle I will level up some more.

between strikes, story mode, ext I had about 12 emblems (1 legendary)

All of them turned into gear that was - 20 light or so from what I was already wearing. Up until this point everything had been improved.

Is there a change in how I am supposed to progress?

Frenden

Banned
I will actually die too if I don't take a short break. I've seen you asking a lot so you definitely have a spot reserved. It'll be one or two runs from now since there are others in reserve.

No ship, I assume your only shot for the drop is the first time you do the mission whenever it appears in the Daily Story Mission, so I'll have to wait until next time.

EDIT: Also if you'd like to be helped send me a PM so I can have a list. I'll go in order of PMs until reset.

Awesome. Take care of yourself, dude. I sent you a PM and a PSN friend request a while back. I've done it ~12 or 13 times today, but all my teams had a DPS problem on the boss/adds phase. We just didn't burn the house down quick enough.

I'd love to give it a shot later if you're around and feel up to it. But, seriously, if you're sick stop! Heh.

i'm kind of a bungie apologist, but i agree that it's a poor decision. they screwed up by making it 310, so they punish the players who already grinded for it? it's not like it's even going to trivialize anything. it's one weapon slot at 310, big deal.

it's their screw up, they should just own it.

R0ckman

Not the way I wanted this to end, but I at least wanted the marks :(. I checked out the Suros scout rifle I ordered last week, I actually really like how it looks and feels but it rolled a terrible perk :/

Z0roCmP.jpg

Damn, you're doing this sick? God bless you sir. I'd love to get on the Bogey train but no way I'm around in that long, and there's multiple people ahead of me. You're doing gods work though, at least I'm sure you've gotten the ship in doing all this.

I would guess you would have until the ordering deadline which is what, Sunday morning I think? Like Vicious said though I don't think we know for sure since this is the first cycle.

You didn't get several options for it? I got to choose from several rolls of the weapon I ordered.

LiK

Anyone who got the a Spindle this early in TTK should have the full power of the Spindle. Nerfing it is just mean, IMO. Become Legend*

*when we say so.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My Black Spindle scope won't change.
Known glitch? Is there a fix? Is mine broke? Should I exchange it for a 290 version?

MrDaravon

You didn't get several options for it? I got to choose from seceral rolls of the weapon I ordered.

Nope, I was only Rank 1 with the gunsmith (I didn't get to do any of the weapons the first week pre-TTK). Apparently each rank you have with him starting with 2 he gives you an additional roll option per rank.

Tovarisc

I fully understand why they should nerf 3oC.

I don't think they should even touch the Black Spindle. It is obviously very hard to get. And it is probably time locked. Why change it? <1% of Destiny players even have it right now.

I don't think 3oC needs drop rate nerf, they just need limit it to Heroic Strikes, Nightfalls and Raids imo. It's huge oversight by Bungie to allow it to work with any major.

I just don't understand how a 310 sword is completely fine and the Spindle isn't. The only thing I could think of is the sword isn't useful against raid bosses.

People seem to be disagreeing on this one but I think the Spindle is more of an achievement. It is certainly harder to get for example the Chaperone, I'd be happy enough if they went midway and said 300 but 290 is a slap in the face. Almost makes me want to say goodbye to the game just based on Bungies attitude.

That may seem like a knee jerk reaction but how many other great moments/peoples time will they ruin with 'mistakes'?

At least come out and clarify the nerf before it happens at the very least.

The exotic sword is one of your showpiece item of this expansion and requires some wacky time consuming shit to do. Plus you only ever get one and once you lock into a sword type that's it for your character. Spindle is in no way comparable to that. The only other counterpart is Touch of Malice and good luck arguing that.

It's a 290 exotic, you get it over 300 by feeding it raid weapons just like everything else. If it was 290 people would still want it. 290 is plenty for the raid and by the time hard comes out you should have enough raid weapons fed into it to be pushing 310 anyway. Bungie fucked up and they shouldn't nerf people's shit but no way should this gun be 310. It doesn't fit in that company.

Dunlop

I don't think 3oC needs drop rate nerf, they just need limit it to Heroic Strikes, Nightfalls and Raids imo. It's huge oversight by Bungie to allow it to work with any major.

This

The boss should have to be an equal level or to the character fighting it

lt519

Well just upgraded my 1000 Yard Stare to 308, bought about 10 more Spindles and upgraded 5 other legendary weapons to exactly 300 and held onto one 300 Spindle. Worst case I can get it back up to 306-ish after the nerf. Too bad the special legendary weapons I have now aren't fantastic except one shotgun. Probably end up using those to infuse other weapons down the road.

Spent like 25000 glimmer, 10 exotic shards, and 40 marks. Thanks bungie (;

Wish I had the time to get 2 more so I could get a couple other special weapons above 300 and/or some more marks so I could buy a special and get it exactly what I wanted. Instead I opted to fast track my other characters leveling by spending the marks on armor.

Top Bottom