• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Anyone down to start a fresh raid? I was able to get to 2nd boss Monday night, but the group called it quits since it was getting late and we weren't figuring out the fight.

Hammer V2 and ship acquired! Without a doubt one of the most exciting clears I've had in the game.

Here's hoping more activities like this are discovered soon.

Shito

Have they said anything about 3oC getting a nerf?

The cynical part of me agrees about the Spindle. I think honest to god they saw a Ghorn 2.0 situation forming - LFG KF MUST HAVE SPINDLE. Or they thought it trivialized the encounters in the raid. Surprise! That's what happens when you design literally every single encounter around tiny damage windows where the only way to win is maximize DPS, ie snipers.
20 less attack will not change anything about all that.
People will just infuse the 290 version.
This is all just because they want everything to go exactly like they planned, and can't accept small mistakes being made.

Juraash

So all of a sudden I'm swimming in scouts. Have my Boolean which I love, the DO one which is nice and now my Warlock one which....I'm not too sure on yet lol. Got them all to 290 or better, so having options is good especially one that isn't exotic.

I think Boolean is my favorite of the bunch. Really feel like Tlaloc locks you into not using your super. Boolean and the DO scout beat it in stability, range and reload out the gate.

Lnkn52

So all of a sudden I'm swimming in scouts. Have my Boolean which I love, the DO one which is nice and now my Warlock one which....I'm not too sure on yet lol. Got them all to 290 or better, so having options is good especially one that isn't exotic.

I think Boolean is my favorite of the bunch. Really feel like Tlaloc locks you into not using your super. Boolean and the DO scout beat it in stability, range and reload out the gate.
No kidding. I also have another scout rifle called the last extremity. Firefly with agility bonus.

pixxxelz

MY PRECIOUS!
l0Dz0KF.jpg
I really wanted the solar one but I don't think I have the patience for all that crap again.

I'm on a business trip, will I be able to get my arms day gun from the smith tomorrow when I'm back home? Or do I need to have my GF hop on and retrieve it?

Magwik

Banned
The more time I put into court of oryx the more and more confused I am at how anyone could want raid matchmaking to be a thing. Jesus Christ 7/10 times randoms will just sit there and blast away at enemies with invincible shields completely ignoring the objective, even after the game spams instructions in the lower left corner

Bogeypop

Group 9 or 10 complete. Took longer because Afro ran ahead and got us locked out of the Ketch, so we had to start over. I'm down for some more Black Spindle runs after I take a 45 minute to an hour break to take a warm bath and try to sweat off this cold/flu as well as get something to eat.

I just don't understand how a 310 sword is completely fine and the Spindle isn't. The only thing I could think of is the sword isn't useful against raid bosses.

People seem to be disagreeing on this one but I think the Spindle is more of an achievement. It is certainly harder to get for example the Chaperone, I'd be happy enough if they went midway and said 300 but 290 is a slap in the face. Almost makes me want to say goodbye to the game just based on Bungies attitude.

That may seem like a knee jerk reaction but how many other great moments/peoples time will they ruin with 'mistakes'?

At least come out and clarify the nerf before it happens at the very least.

Group 9 or 10 complete. Took longer because Afro ran ahead and got us locked out of the Ketch, so we had to start over. I'm down for some more Black Spindle runs after I take a 45 minute to an hour break to take a warm bath and try to sweat off this cold/flu as well as get something to eat.
Will join you on the next one when you get back! Need it on my hunter.

Lnkn52

Thanks again.

Bogey pls. I'm dying here.

ViciousDS

Banned

I started a hunter because of you.....didn't realize that tether ability with shared damage makes that run sooooo much easier

Juraash

I'd like to join one if possible.

Ozone

Could I please get in on this? My ID is Ozone31, and it's getting late here on the east coast. Can't call it a day until I have that sniper!

sikkinixx

Bungie has to penalize people who depart from strikes. Destroy their drop rates for a while or not allow them to use matchmaking for 10 minutes or something.

It's a fucking joke how many people leave.

MrDaravon

Not the way I wanted this to end, but I at least wanted the marks :(. I checked out the Suros scout rifle I ordered last week, I actually really like how it looks and feels but it rolled a terrible perk :/

Z0roCmP.jpg

Damn, you're doing this sick? God bless you sir. I'd love to get on the Bogey train but no way I'm around in that long, and there's multiple people ahead of me. You're doing gods work though, at least I'm sure you've gotten the ship in doing all this.

I would guess you would have until the ordering deadline which is what, Sunday morning I think? Like Vicious said though I don't think we know for sure since this is the first cycle.

Bogeypop

Bogey pls. I'm dying here.

I will actually die too if I don't take a short break. I've seen you asking a lot so you definitely have a spot reserved. It'll be one or two runs from now since there are others in reserve.

Damn, you're doing this sick? God bless you sir. I'd love to get on the Bogey train but no way I'm around in that long, and there's multiple people ahead of me. You're doing gods work though, at least I'm sure you've gotten the ship in doing all this.

No ship, I assume your only shot for the drop is the first time you do the mission whenever it appears in the Daily Story Mission, so I'll have to wait until next time.

EDIT: Also if you'd like to be helped send me a PM so I can have a list. I'll go in order of PMs until reset.

I will actually die too if I don't take a short break. I've seen you asking a lot so you definitely have a spot reserved. It'll be one or two runs from now since there are others in reserve.

I didn't mean right now lol. Just at some point :). Thanks man.

Psn: SirMossy when you're ready.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just started my hunter about an hour ago. Engrams and such and I'm only 6 light away from being raid ready. Feels so good.

Hey guys, anyone up for trying to get black spindle? Trying to solo that but its just not happening. Could really use some help. PSN: XTheSpartinX

Shiv47

If I could get in one, that'd be cool, if not, no problem. I'll be around for a while tonight.

Daemul

So I come on GAF and hear about this new exotic called Black Spindle, which my friends and I promptly go out to get it and manage to do it on our first try with relative ease and over a minute and a half left on the clock, 12 hours later I come back on GAF and I read of people who have been struggling to get the weapon for multiple hours and someone even claiming that the Black Spindel is harder to get than the Touch of Malice.

post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-Im-YEwO.gif

Troy

Banned
Oh was that you leading Afro and me? Thanks for doing it. Got the ship and the gun. I love that they're putting little things like this in the game.

Top Bottom