• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

o_O omg wtf is with that "Fears Embrace" quest!! My god that boss fight is beyond bullcrap, there's literally nowhere to stand without getting murdered the entire time.

Edit: Beat it, just stand in the doorway the whole time and shoot like hell lol

Didn't get a shot. It appears on the loadout screen where the old nightfall buff was located next your primary spot. I did get about 15 legendary items today running a dozen or so strikes

On mobile so my last post I forgot to quote you. When you complete a strike in the playlist you receive the buff as long as you stay in the playlist and don't go to orbit. It gives a rep buff and a better chance at loot.

Fuck this fucking spindle and its fucking ten minute fucking piece of shit timer fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

I hear ya. If only we could repeat the 10 minutes from the start, it'd be more appealing. I failed all day after work. Progress not achieved. I then did strikes to cool down and got a few lights up and progress was achieved. Made me feel a little better.

The timer is a good thing. The redo the entire mission is not.

Amen!

BLCKATK

Damn that Spindle shit is insane. Definitely going to try again next time it is around. Hopefully with a better loadout.

Anyone interested in Strikes or Court of Oryx? Add me on PSN: Azys_

I'll be exploring the dreadnought in the meantime.

o_O og wtf is with that "Fears Embrace" quest!! My god that boss fight is beyond bullcrap, there's literally nowhere to stand without getting murdered the entire time

Wife and I did this 2 days ago--it was balls out hard. We stayed up top near one the stairs and just powered through. Still sucks though.

Anyone up to try for the Spindle? 290 Warlock.

Mindlog

*Looks around in vault for special weapons to upgrade to 300 just in case.
*Finds a 1000 Yard Stare with "Will of Light - This weapon deals bonus damage against Taken enemies"

What the hell was I thinking? Upgrading immediately.

Upgraded my Susando, Immobius and every legendary I had to 300. Still have 102 Shards.
Screw it. 300 Light Telesto duplicates time.

Baliis

Man that strike for the Exotic sword is brutal. We ended up jumping in to a party and agreeing to kill the solar one and leave arc and void up, then run it again for solar lol

chewydogg

Alright, since it's getting late I'm going to close the waiting list for now so people don't get their hopes up. The following 13 people are on the PM list as of right now, and this is the order I will be helping you guys.

Strongblackvine, Fatbaby, Juraash, bgbball31, Stantron, MrDaravon, Ozone, Silvard, Dave-6, Zoidberg, kazeshini, chewydogg, Jas.

So if Strongblackvine and Fatbaby are around it's your time if they're not around I'll move on down the list until there's no one left who needs help who PM'd me. Then I'll take anyone who posts.

Thanks Bogey. Patiently awaiting my turn.

PSN AdamKoy

j-wood

So it appears I lucked out with a glitch. My timer hit zero and disappeared, we killed tankis 20 seconds later and immediately got mission complete and the spindle. Didn't have to clear the adds.

LiK

Nice! Getting there. Just 290 tonight myself and now I'm stoked to try the raid whenever that is. I'll first try to get a blind raid group going. Doesn't look that possible here anymore

Yea, I'm fine with that. Just wanna experience it even if people guide me. We still have HM to look forward to!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Ace of Spades should NOT be a good crucible weapon but it somehow is. As a handcannon, its base stats are just too fucking good.

Got my Blunt Trauma Expert bounty done in one go.

Yea, I'm fine with that. Just wanna experience it even if people guide me. We still have HM to look forward to!

295 but never raided. I'm game!

293 here! Count me in if folks set something up!

I think we might have a group started! Which night works best for yall in the coming days? I'm open for any.

DGAF Blind Raid

1) xplicitone
2) LiK
3) Frenden
4) Pyrandes
5)
6)

Anyone know if those gunsmith purple things drop anywhere in particular, or if they drop only at certain gunsmith ranks? I got a few at level 1 on Venus, and I'm level 2 gunsmith now with a sniper rifle telemetry quest. Somehow I've gotten 0 sniper rifle telemetries so no way to rank up gunsmith aside from those purple drop things as far as I know.

Dante316

Holy crap we were so in sync that third run. Great job Slacker and Dante!

We did amazingly well, the key is to definitely pop those bubbles as soon they spawn, got the spindle, infused it to my 1000 stare which has triple tap and outlaw perks which are perfect for raid bosses and made my susanoo 300. All in all perfect run.

Anyone else not getting fragments to drop from key chests in the Dreadnaught? I opened the Yuul and Eir chests tonight and neither of them gave fragments. I confirmed on ghosthunter that I don't have these fragments.

Frenden

Banned
The Ace of Spades should NOT be a good crucible weapon but it somehow is. As a handcannon, its base stats are just too fucking good.

Got my Blunt Trauma Expert bounty done in one go.

Yeah. Had a few good matches with it earlier. The range is high enough to mitigate a lot of the nerfs that hit hand cannons hard. It extends the accurate kill distance to where old hand cannons used to be.

That's why Hawkmoon is still good, too. But, unlike Hawkmoon, Ace of Spades has Truesight sights with good AA.

I think we might have a group started! Which night works best for yall in the coming days? I'm open for any.

DGAF Blind Raid

1) xplicitone
2) LiK
3) Frenden
4) Pyrandes
5)
6)

I'll adapt to whatever everyone else wants!

Top Bottom