• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Frostburn

Anyone else not getting fragments to drop from key chests in the Dreadnaught? I opened the Yuul and Eir chests tonight and neither of them gave fragments. I confirmed on ghosthunter that I don't have these fragments.
Only one chest gives you a fragment (your first) other than specific ones like Skyburners, scent chest, etc.

Hello, beautiful.

Screenshot_Original.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Was watching a random stream and some guy tried for hours to solo fear's embrace. Funny seeing him curse at random things and admitting defeat.

Well anyone else game for trying at least? I got a couple more runs in me I'm at 286light psn is spy car why got a friend willing to help at same level of u only got one or I can come solo

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah. Had a few good matches with it earlier. The range is high enough to mitigate a lot of the nerfs that hit hand cannons hard. It extends the accurate kill distance to where old hand cannons used to be.

That's why Hawkmoon is still good, too. But, unlike Hawkmoon, Ace of Spades has Truesight sights with good AA.

I'll adapt to whatever everyone else wants!

I knew that had to be it. Funny thing is, I'm not even specced for range on it. Its just that good. It really does feel like a Year 1 handcannon.

R0ckman

holy fuck these vanguard heroics with randoms are torture

the echo chamber.. never again

this shit aint worth 10 legendary marks

It seems to be getting porgressively worse too, last week I was able to hit over 5 strikes, now I load up some strikes and don't even get players. I think most people want that mayhem feel, run high level strikes, go crazy with minimal risks and high rewards. To be hobest I'm fine with them nerfing difficulty if it means it's easier for me to keep my streaks. Don't want to always find a team for a strike session, I can play as long as I want if I'm not on a fireteam.

Looking for an Oryx run. At least want to try a couple of times before I hit the hay tonight.

Any advice on the Black Spindle boss fight? Been trying with a few friends for the last 3 hours. :-(

What worked well for my team was go into the room, instantly destroy darkness orbs, clear adds, DPS boss, rinse and repeat. My preferred loadout was Scout, Shotgun, Sword.

Mindlog

I haven't raided yet and kept myself pretty pure for my first attempts this weekend.

One question:
How would you spec, gear wise? I can be at 293-295 depending on what weapons I pick.

ARs? Scouts? Snipers? HMGs or my sword?
There's one spot where one or two good swords is very helpful. Keep an HMG handy as they're very good.
Sniper. The higher the light, impact and magazine the better.
Both ARs and Scouts can work, but Scout probably has an edge.

Have fun!

Namikaze1

Got a 308 and 305 Pulse Rifle. The 308 got Firefly. Can't remember what the 305 has. I much prefer the perk my 303 pulse rifle I got from my first raid last week has. It's that Life Saver perk. Will infuse the 308 to it and the 305 to my Omolon scout.

My hunter also got gloves but lol. It's 300.

Anyone else not getting fragments to drop from key chests in the Dreadnaught? I opened the Yuul and Eir chests tonight and neither of them gave fragments. I confirmed on ghosthunter that I don't have these fragments.

Theres only one fragment in the random chests. Doesn't matter which one you open. Number 38 (XXXVIII).

Rehsa

I think we might have a group started! Which night works best for yall in the coming days? I'm open for any.

DGAF Blind Raid

1) xplicitone
2) LiK
3) Frenden
4) Pyrandes
5) Moridhin
6)

I would be interested in this if I can make the time and can get some more light, at 284 currently

traveler

Not Wario
Hard mode Fear's Embrace down solo finally! Only took about 30 deaths god. Never again.

Now, for the Touch. Hope it's been worth all this.

Dante316

Any advice on the Black Spindle boss fight? Been trying with a few friends for the last 3 hours. :-(

Need to have 6 min or more when u reach the room and then go either left or right and shoot the black bubbles and then the ads then dps the boss. Rinse and repeat 3x and remember when boss is killed few ads will remain. You gtta kill those too. Shoot the bubbles as soon they spawn, you gtta use supers, swords, rockets, just get those things down 1st.

Top Bottom