• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Sure I can do some more. Finished every run with 1-2 minutes to spare, honestly it seems quite manageable as long as you get to the last room with 6+ minutes.

Drizzay my man, I knew I'd wake up and find that you were my hero. Can you give us a nudge on PSN if you have time to run me through

420bits

What is this?

From: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/155921520/0/48

Posted by DeeJ
Hello, Guardians.

Right this every minute, many of you are acquiring Black Spindle. Surprise!

Wouldn't you know it, there is a bug that is enabling some of these weapons to drop at 310 - that's 20 points higher than intended. In the near future, we'll be releasing an update that will adjust the Black Spindle to match the attack rating for other Year Two Exotics.

It has also come to our attention that you are using this new acquisition to Infuse your other weapons. Good on you. Have fun with that. None of those weapons will be affected by this change - only the Spindle.

Man... Tried spindle at least 15 times got close a few times but just can't get it down. We are Titan, Titan and Hunter all 295 light.

So frustrating

When the timer starts. Kill all enemies with supers!
Once you finish off the room with the snupers up top around 7 minutes should be left.

The last room, CLEAR ALL BLACK ORBS fast. They got to go down first. Shoot boss, watch out for new black orbs, you see them, take em down asap! Shot adds and then boss.rinse and repeat.

coy

So with the incoming "adjustment" to Black spindle I think I will get a few weapons I won't be needing up to 300 by abusing the blueprint-vendor.

Use my current 310 Spindle to upgrade one of them and hope it becomes 310 and when the patch hits I just infuse the nerfed one with the 300+ weapon, probably won't be 310 but it should be higher than 290.

Unless they decide to be nice about it and keep the spindles that dropped at 310 even after patch, but somehow I don't think that will happen.
I already used the 310 as infusion after reading the bnet post. Not that I mind if it stays that high for others, but I thought it was best to use it to power up another special weapon.

Edit: Yup, that post.

Future

Man... Tried spindle at least 15 times got close a few times but just can't get it down. We are Titan, Titan and Hunter all 295 light.

So frustrating

Yeah. I think this is for people that have already raided and are super high level with exotics and awesome weapons. Just too spongy with too many shields. And I don't have enough flexibility in high level weapond

Constant blind ball by the boss is comedy

hEist

honestly, this is so hard.
we tried it yesterday 4-5 times and failed miserly on the last part. so much ads that it was impossible to get out of the room.
We looked on some youtube's and somehow we had so much more ads then others. i don't know what we are doing wrong ( 2x296 nighstalkers and 1x293 hammertime).

Any decent tactic out there?

rc213

Obviously Hunter should be using his Super to tether enemies for maximum damage and orbs. Titans Sunbreakers use Melting Point to punch the boss before you work him with Supers and guns got maximum damage. Control the big giant orbs.

https://youtu.be/KoNszAaYWno

Done with 2:12 to spare on 3rd attempt Me, X-Frame and TKRunningRiot

Zocano

Explicit and Alpha, I'm just gonna call it. Would love to spend another 3 hours at it but I've played too much and have other things I need to do. Sorry about the stupid connection drop.

A few things about the spindle:

1) I think it's funny people are going nuts over it when it's a even more nerfed version of the Black Hammer (it's an exotic now).

2) I really really don't mind the fight and the adds and what not but jesus fucking christ I wish it would just drop you at the start of the Ketch again instead of running the whole mission. Fuckin' garbo on that.

Deku Tree

From: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/155921520/0/48

Posted by DeeJ
Hello, Guardians.

Right this every minute, many of you are acquiring Black Spindle. Surprise!

Wouldn't you know it, there is a bug that is enabling some of these weapons to drop at 310 - that's 20 points higher than intended. In the near future, we'll be releasing an update that will adjust the Black Spindle to match the attack rating for other Year Two Exotics.

It has also come to our attention that you are using this new acquisition to Infuse your other weapons. Good on you. Have fun with that. None of those weapons will be affected by this change - only the Spindle.

Does that mean my black spindle will be adjusted down to 280 or 290 light?

Guys you really are convincing :) I went out and bought a TTK exp and have been playing last night for a few hours. Still its been a while and I need some help :

1. What do I do with ingrams? Last I remember was to save them until you were max lvl so you could open them than and receive max lvl items. Is that still valid or should I just identify them as I get them?

2. I have a warlock who is lvl 13 right now. I am kinda squishy so I wonder have I chosen poorly? I'm very newb at console FPS and some guy I played with last night told me I should've rolled a Titan for a starting class. What do you guys think? Will I be ok with warlock and what are the all the classes strengths and weaknesses?

3. How do I join the gloriuos GAF guild?

4. Do I need to do Patrol missions to continue the story?

5. Any other tips for a new guy?

Does that mean my black spindle will be adjusted down to 280 or 290 light?

Depends on which one. The original or the copy you printed out of the kiosk. Just subtract 20.

You can save the light level by infusing it with something else you don't mind losing and having it hold that value for after the patch and infusing it back into your spindle.

BTM

Black Spindle DONE!! Took us a few tries but we finally got it. 2 times we failed with needing only one or two more hits. That was some of the most fun I've had with Destiny in awhile.

Bogeypop

You thought we were done when he had 25% health left and we only had 30 seconds!? You thought wrong!

Calling Stantron and MrDaravon once again. If one or both are no shows then Silvard and Dave-6 are up next!

I'm down for anyone who wants to try for the Spindle. Only have about an hour, and it's all I'll get for the rest of the night out of my whole day. Only Light Level 265+ though. :p

Dante316

You thought we were done when he had 25% health left and we only had 30 seconds!? You thought wrong!

Calling Stantron and MrDaravon once again. If one or both are no shows then Silvard and Dave-6 are up next!

I believed in ya, but definitely was cutting it close.

Ozone

Got it in one!

CPpe98lWgAAx7sx.jpg:large

Bogey is the man.

Zocano

Sometimes I wonder how I can get 120 kills in a mission and get more than my other two teammates combined. Like, seriously, what are the other two doing?

Wallach

Well, if they are going to drop the light on the Spindle down to 290 I'll probably infuse mine into my raid sniper or my Antinomy. I am not really sold on it being worth the exotic slot.

bgbball31

I'm just hoping they aren't going to drop it until the next weekely reset. Give me this weekend to farm up for 1000-yard stare so I can infuse it with that.

Also, thanks Bogey!

Wow finally got a legendary Sniper. Not all that great at 284 but it's just the fact that I finally got one. Everything else for specials has been that stupid pigeon sidearm and some shotgun from a quest.

Have anyone completed this mission again after you accuired the spindle? I need to know if it will drop everytime or if its a one time deal per week

Juraash

Well, a (delayed) but big thanks to Bogey and Strong for the Spindle run. Got the ship as well as the gun.

Due to the I coming nerf, I brought my Susanoo up with the 310 version and used the 300 kiosk ones to bring up a few more specials. Also hit 296 from our excursio.

So big thanks again guys, it was lots of fun.

Top Bottom