• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Simbo

Neo Member
Anyone in Xbox One able to help me get the spindle in about an hour?! Tried a few times last night but was unsuccessful.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Dear LFG,

How am i supposed to ever learn the Oryx fight if you only accept people who have already done it?

Dante316

From what I have seen, people are getting scared of the darkness attacks by the boss too much. All the lvl is a set amt of ads in a area you gtta clear. Use your special people.run around the area, use hwavy weapons and swords.

Trickster

Man reread deej's post about the spindle nerf, and now I'm sitting here and getting nervous that I might have fucked up by infusing a 300 spindle with my 310 one.

Based on this "It has also come to our attention that you are using this new acquisition to Infuse your other weapons. Good on you. Have fun with that. None of those weapons will be affected by this change - only the Spindle." It kinda sounds like it's only "other" weapons that are okay to infuse, but spindles will just get a -20 level nerf across the board...

This event went from really cool to frustrating due to how Bungie is handling this..

GhaleonEB

Finished up another quest line today, set on Mars. Specifically, The
Wolves of Mars
. An interesting mix of filler, superb quest missions, good story telling and a nice reward at the end.

At this point some of the fluff quests steps are starting to grate. Variks' thirst for dead Fallen brethren on the moon, Earth and Venus was a slog, straight up. It was one of only two parts of TTK that's felt like grinding so far, and it was a long grind. Destiny would be better without these kind of requirements ahead of the good stuff.

But that leads directly into a very cool four part quest, with no bullshit in between, just straight missions, each of which were different and fun.
The novelty of fighting the Fallen on Mars, and seeing them battle the Cabal, was wonderful. It certainly helped give some perspective on how geared for war the Cabal are; they tore apart the spider tank with barely any of my help.

Unless there's a bait and switch it also finally confirmed the Queen is dead, which I'm actually really bummed about. She only had a few appearances, but she was enigmatic and well designed and I wanted her to be a big part of the story of Destiny down the road. Holding out a glimmer of hope, but only a glimmer. At any rate, the interactions between Variks and Petra were very well written. Dug into their characters and really helped move the story along.

Also: dat scout rifle. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

I looked to see how many trophies I need still only to see a bunch of quests I haven't even started on yet. This game is a bottomless pit. 0_o

Dante316

Finished up another quest line today, set on Mars. Specifically, The
Wolves of Mars
. An interesting mix of filler, superb quest missions, good story telling and a nice reward at the end.

At this point some of the fluff quests steps are starting to grate. Variks' thirst for dead Fallen brethren on the moon, Earth and Venus was a slog, straight up. It was one of only two parts of TTK that's felt like grinding so far, and it was a long grind. Destiny would be better without these kind of requirements ahead of the good stuff.

But that leads directly into a very cool four part quest, with no bullshit in between, just straight missions, each of which were different and fun.
The novelty of fighting the Fallen on Mars, and seeing them battle the Cabal, was wonderful. It certainly helped give some perspective on how geared for war the Cabal are; they tore apart the spider tank with barely any of my help.

Unless there's a bait and switch it also finally confirmed the Queen is dead, which I'm actually really bummed about. She only had a few appearances, but she was enigmatic and well designed and I wanted her to be a big part of the story of Destiny down the road. Holding out a glimmer of hope, but only a glimmer. At any rate, the interactions between Variks and Petra were very well written. Dug into their characters and really helped move the story along.

Also: dat scout rifle. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

I looked to see how many trophies I need still only to see a bunch of quests I haven't even started on yet. This game is a bottomless pit. 0_o

And probably another dlc coming soon lol, I think this might be the game of this generation!

A bit disappointed in raids loot drops so far. 2 full runs, both with over 20 shards at the end

1st Run: Chest piece, scout rifle, hand canon
2nd Run: Fusion Rifle, Sniper, Chest piece, Chest piece again, 310 Zhalo Supercell (already had a 299 one)

Not the worst thing ever, but wish I could find any other piece of armor besides 3 chests.

A bit disappointed in raids loot drops so far. 2 full runs, both with over 20 shards at the end

1st Run: Chest piece, scout rifle, hand canon
2nd Run: Fusion Rifle, Sniper, Chest piece, Chest piece again, 310 Zhalo Supercell (already had a 299 one)

Not the worst thing ever, but wish I could find any other piece of armor besides 3 chests.

Poor you. Just a shitty 310 Zhalo and probably the two best raid weapons. I'll bet they were only 309 too.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Spindle get!

So what, should I just use it as infuse material?

I think the most likely thing is that the blueprint will drop to 280 and the one in everyone's inventory will drop to 290.

We know they won't drop the value of other weapons if you infuse them though so to keep the high attack value you can choose one weapon to infuse the 310 into giving you around a 306 or 308 and then use the 300's from the blueprint before the nerf to bring your other specials as close to 300 as you want/have the shards for.

I set aside one legendary I brought up to 300 to re infuse back into the spindle after the nerf hopefully leaving me with a spindle at about 296/298 and used my 310 version on Telesto (sp?) to bring it to 306 to keep a high attack value weapon. What we don't know is what wil happen to a 300 spindle infused with a 310. My guess is it'll probably be brought down to 290 like the others but who knows at this point.

Dear LFG,

How am i supposed to ever learn the Oryx fight if you only accept people who have already done it?

Jump in with a gaf group when one is forming, i had my first go at Oryx yesterday and was immediately doing the runner duty. Never done Oryx before, light 291.

The group needs to consist of mainly 295+ people though. You don't need to have killed Oryx before but your light level needs to be pretty high. Otherwise the battle is already lost, you won't do enough damage in the given 5 second window.

Waldini

So many Spindle's!

I dont have one. Dont need one. Black Hammer 1.0 was a great weapon before the nerf. It was a legendary, meaning you could use an Exotic (Gjallarhorn). Now that White Nail actually takes ammo out of your reservers the Spindle doesn't feel like a must-have weapon. Sure, in the Raid it might help ... but so will a 300 light level sniper with High Impact. The only advantage I see so far ... is that you can continue shooting (when hitting crits) untill your magazine is empty.

... this totally sounds like a lame excuse to justify me not "wanting" one ... right?

Bogeypop

I'll ask again for Stantron and MrDaravon, but I don't think they're here. So Dave-6 and kazeshini. (Though I think Dave-6 is gone as well so Jas) on standby. I think chewydogg said he wouldn't be around.

For those of you sad you couldn't be on the waiting list fret not because it seems with all these no shows this will be my last "list" run, and I'll run with anyone who posts in the thread at this point!

Bogeypop sure is popular. Cool of you to help so many people.

You can drop me from the list. I already got one spindle and the ship and should be doing other stuff anyway.

Jas

I'll ask again for Stantron and MrDaravon, but I don't think they're here. So Dave-6 and kazeshini. (Though I think Dave-6 is gone as well so Jas) on standby. I think chewydogg said he wouldn't be around.

For those of you sad you couldn't be on the waiting list fret not because it seems with all these no shows this will be my last "list" run, and I'll run with anyone who posts in the thread at this point!

Cool :)

ready whenever you are. ^.^

GlamFM

Banned
Guys! Something beautiful happened last night.

FINALLY!

Feel free to call me GlamLord from now on.

That´s GlamLord,

GLAMLORD.

K9MfxZX.jpg

Who do I message again?

GlamLord out.

Spy

I'm a light level 299 Titan who is familiar with doing the Black Spindle mission, anyone else familiar with the mechanics want to run this right now?

EDIT: PS4

Top Bottom