• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Finished up another quest line today, set on Mars. Specifically, The
Wolves of Mars
. An interesting mix of filler, superb quest missions, good story telling and a nice reward at the end.

At this point some of the fluff quests steps are starting to grate. Variks' thirst for dead Fallen brethren on the moon, Earth and Venus was a slog, straight up. It was one of only two parts of TTK that's felt like grinding so far, and it was a long grind. Destiny would be better without these kind of requirements ahead of the good stuff.

But that leads directly into a very cool four part quest, with no bullshit in between, just straight missions, each of which were different and fun.
The novelty of fighting the Fallen on Mars, and seeing them battle the Cabal, was wonderful. It certainly helped give some perspective on how geared for war the Cabal are; they tore apart the spider tank with barely any of my help.

Unless there's a bait and switch it also finally confirmed the Queen is dead, which I'm actually really bummed about. She only had a few appearances, but she was enigmatic and well designed and I wanted her to be a big part of the story of Destiny down the road. Holding out a glimmer of hope, but only a glimmer. At any rate, the interactions between Variks and Petra were very well written. Dug into their characters and really helped move the story along.

Also: dat scout rifle. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

I looked to see how many trophies I need still only to see a bunch of quests I haven't even started on yet. This game is a bottomless pit. 0_o

I still don't think
the queen is dead

DjRalford

Like around or over four dozen people. About to finish up the waiting list so I'll be free to whoever posts here that needs the Black Spindle until reset.

Alright, Jas and kazeshini my last waiting list people. What's your PSN btw Jas?

Hey bogeypop, I gotta run littlun to school in 30 minutes, any chance of getting in on a run about 45- 60 minutes before reset?

PSN djralford

Doodis

Gunsmith question:
Do his foundry requisitions ever include heavy weapons? I'm not really interested in what he's got right now.

Hell yeah. Finally completed the 3 CoO tiers with a bunch of randoms. Was fun we had like 5 or 6 people all doing it at once. Got a sublime engram? Will see what that is. Maybe that's the 300 artifact?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Golden rule is nobody is dead unless a body is shown or you clearly see them be enveloped in an explosion.

and even then some shows don't follow that.

If anything, all that extra story just kinda made me believe what I saw less.

ocean

Banned
Guys! Something beautiful happened last night.

FINALLY!

Feel free to call me GlamLord from now on.

That´s GlamLord,

GLAMLORD.

K9MfxZX.jpg

Who do I message again?

GlamLord out.
Congratulations on the plat!!! PM Lnkn so you get added to the list :)

2real4tv

Going in as a SunBreaker was muchhh better than going in as a defender for me.

I feel like my boots are glitching on me cant seem to get anything above 286 all my other gear is above 294.

Looking for one to help me and my buddy to get the Black Spindle! Light Level 280+ would be nice. We are waiting in orbit, add me Deadceptor in PSN.

Guys! Something beautiful happened last night.

FINALLY!

Feel free to call me GlamLord from now on.

That´s GlamLord,

GLAMLORD.

K9MfxZX.jpg

Who do I message again?

GlamLord out.

Congratz man. I just need the Titan one and Flawless raider for mine. That jumping puzzle on VoG scares me too much lol

Simbo

Neo Member
Any late night Xbox one bros wanna try and knock this spindle out? Just getting home now, add me, nbraun80 if anyone is down.

Looks like there's 3 of us having a run in about 30 mins. I'll add you in case anyone doesn't make it. Happy to help if, by some miracle, we get it done quick!

MrS

Banned
So does anybody know if the Spindle is available in the Heroic version of the level or is it just available in the Daily Heroic?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Raid spoilers.

During the sisters fight when the invisible guy jumps up to the spark, how do you grab it? No one can grab it in the raid i'm in right now. Is this a glitch?

Nvm we found out.

is there a trick to getting to the 290's? 286 now and ive gotten to the point where blue and purple engrams arent as good as the stuff i have now. It sucks because i keep getting kicked from raid groups for not being 290 light

anx10us

Banned
Send me a FR since we are in the middle of a run, then you can hop in.

I can keep doing runs until the Daily switches in 1.5 hours.

Oh so close to reset, tried 6 times last night, closest we got was to about 20%, we just died too many times.

Drizzay is there any room left in 30 minutes, just need to go and take kids to school, should be back by 9:15am GMT ?

ocean

Banned
Raid spoilers.

During the sisters fight when the invisible guy jumps up to the spark, how do you grab it? No one can grab it in the raid i'm in right now. Is this a glitch?
Platforms need to be activated in a specific order. When you load, notice there's an icon or relic or whatever already floating above one of the 4 positions. This is the last platform, and nobody even needs to stand on it.

The key is: you HAVE to activate them counter clockwise, leaving the "marked" one for last. This marks both the order people need to jump into their platforms, as well as the order the "jumper" is going to follow (just follow the little circling lights).

If he platforms in the correct order, picking up all those swirling lights, he'll be able to grab the relic and steal the shield from the Deathsinger.

Remember not to kill the first one right away! Weaken her but let her live. Repeat this process and when you steal the shield from the second wizard, do try to kill her in one go. Then just repeat, and finish off the first witch real quick :)

TheGentleman

Neo Member
is there a trick to getting to the 290's? 286 now and ive gotten to the point where blue and purple engrams arent as good as the stuff i have now. It sucks because i keep getting kicked from raid groups for not being 290 light

Not really a trick but I found the best way was to do the strikes and CoO. Open engrams one at a time, if something is higher light equip it before continuing to open the engrams. Also have you done the quest/s that gives you the 300 light artifact?

Nuszka

Morning dgaf, yesterday was a very productive day here , now everyone is probably waiting for the next daily. I find it a very interesting and rewarding way of receiving exotics.
Now i really need those warlock boots, if they are in the game in any form.

Top Bottom