• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Anyone want to join friend and I? We're about to put in a few more noble attempts for Spindle.

Awesome run guys, spindles for all!

Its actually not terribly difficult, we did it with a 277, 275, and 291 on the first try. We weren't pressed for time at all, honestly. Finished with 30 seconds left and there was plenty of revives before the last room (stupid snipers in tank room!) for reference, we were at about 6:40 by the time we hit the last room

Telesto is now 306 >=) thank you spindle

is there a trick to getting to the 290's? 286 now and ive gotten to the point where blue and purple engrams arent as good as the stuff i have now. It sucks because i keep getting kicked from raid groups for not being 290 light

That pretty much happened to me too at about 288. Do the Eris Morn Court of Oryx quest for a 300 artifact. Make sure to buy the Vanguard ghost. It's only 280 but it's probably better than what you have.

Other than that I don't know. Do the exotic quests I guess. I've gotten lucky with a couple of my items. I have a blue 294 helmet, 295 cape, and a blue 296 chest piece. Boots are legendary but 294.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There is a pixel between 299 and 300 now

are you there, god? its me, dy.

i need to prove 300 is possible without raid

maomaoIYP

Big thanks to Danarchy, Hammon, SlenderBeans, EricDA and space for taking me along to smash the
Daughters and Oryx
! Everything went super smooth thanks to Bean's guidance and everyone cooperating super well!

Congratz man. I just need the Titan one and Flawless raider for mine. That jumping puzzle on VoG scares me too much lol

Once things calm down with TTK, I can start doing flawless runs again. At the moment its not possible with all the quests etc..

You online? Sent you a couple invites, we're at the elevator, ready to start the Taken part.

Again,thank you very much. DGAF's MVP

Infused my 1000yd to 308 and went up to lvl298, the DPS upgrade is unreal as a 297 with a 300 sniper I was doing just over 7k on the Ogre at 298 with a 308 Sniper it was over 10.5k

Edit Grats Feetie what did you get to drop?

Bogeypop

For those of you who wanted to get in on the Spindle and weren't in the list, I'm afraid to inform you there won't be time as this last group is taking longer than expected.

Chemo

Is there anyone who can help with the daily for Black Spindle? I'm on PS4, PSN name is Chemoglobin -- all my clan members got it while I was at work and went to bed, got absolutely no one to run this with. If anyone knows how to do it and doesn't mind helping me out, I would truly appreciate it... thank you so much in advance~

vctor182

Spindle and ship get! That fight is intense but with gunslinger equipped with nighthawk and full rockets you can bring him down quick. Gunslinger shoots at the boss and the other two shoot balls and ads while creating orbs for another golden gun

ocean

Banned
There is a pixel between 299 and 300 now

are you there, god? its me, dy.

i need to prove 300 is possible without raid
I don't think you'll be able to tbh.
Exotics won't drop at 310 until you're actually 300+, and I don't think non-Raid Legendaries ever drop over 300.

You'd have to be extremely lucky in finding a 299 Blue/Legendary for every single slot, get the 300 Artifact reward from the Court of Oryx quest and then equip either Touch of Malice (which actually would require Raiding) or Black Spindle (until it gets nerfed) to move past 299.

Unless there's something I'm missing? I ran the numbers right now and 299 (max for Blues and non-Raid Legendaries to drop at) across the board, with a 300 Artifact and a 310 Primary or Secondary = 300.4 Light Level :)

Is there anyone who can help with the daily for Black Spindle? I'm on PS4, PSN name is Chemoglobin -- all my clan members got it while I was at work and went to bed, got absolutely no one to run this with. If anyone knows how to do it and doesn't mind helping me out, I would truly appreciate it... thank you so much in advance~
Add DrDrizzay101. He and Nooblet have been helping out tons of people, including me about 10 minutes ago. Great, great guys. I think they're running it until the reset!

Phear

Spindle and ship get! That fight is intense but with gunslinger equipped with nighthawk and full rockets you can bring him down quick. Gunslinger shoots at the boss and the other two shoot balls and ads while creating orbs for another golden gun

Yup, he finally went down in my 6th attempt when the guys i was with created much more orbs for me. Could do like 5 Golden Guns with Celestial Nighthawk. Boss melted.

Once you get the Spindle will there be a blueprint?

Yup, but at 300 atk

PatDH

Black Spindle get! Took 3 tries but everything came together on that last attempt and we finished it with 1 minute & 30 seconds left on the clock. Stoked!

Well I just got two 300 blue sniper rifles from one heroic strikes. At least I got them if they do fuck with the Black Hammer II: Judgment Day Sniper.

Cloak, helm and pulse rifle. Loving the cloak, best looking cloak I have so far!
You managed to get the spindle? Nice! I failed 6 times, I'll try again if it's available as a regular heroic mission.

Yep the cloaks ace looking, mine dropped at 308

The spindle mission is actually very easy or it was running it with Drizzay, its the kind of thing that needs his cool, calm and methodical nature.

Its only going to drop when its a daily but should be up "regularly"

Phear

Quick idea: What would you guys think of an additional PvP mode without supers?

Not that im sick of getting lightning-farted to death, but i think a more conservative mode would be a nice addition.

maomaoIYP

Yep the cloaks ace looking, mine dropped at 308

The spindle mission is actually very easy or it was running it with Drizzay, its the kind of thing that needs his cool, calm and methodical nature.

Its only going to drop when its a daily but should be up "regularly"

My cloak is at 309, it's gorgeous!
Pity about missing out on the spindle for me in that case. I don't mind the nerf, I just wanted another super cool sniper rifle for PvP.
edit: I still have not had the chance to play with Drizz, timezones etc, and his super popularity. Hahah

I knew two bubble titans and three swords users could kill the spindle boss with 4 minutes left.Just saw a vid and its much easier now just need two titans.

Anyways if anyone needs a third inv legendkilla3rd

2real4tv

Yup, he finally went down in my 6th attempt when the guys i was with created much more orbs for me. Could do like 5 Golden Guns with Celestial Nighthawk. Boss melted.

Yup, but at 300 atk

So wait if I infuse this if I get another it will be lvl300. Also if you currently own one why would they nerf it aren't all exotic up gradable to 310?

Top Bottom