• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

So, it's been verified that the Spindle is only available when this mission is the DAILY HEROIC, but to make up for it, it will be in the rotation more often.

ocean

Banned
I'm guessing there will be a "special" Daily like yesterday's Like every other week? It'd be nice if there were like at least 2 or 3 of these challenges :)

The Black Garden or the VoG as a Daily would drive me nuts looking for paths to something,
Hoping to find a No Time to Explain :p

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't think you'll be able to tbh.
Exotics won't drop at 310 until you're actually 300+, and I don't think non-Raid Legendaries ever drop over 300.

You'd have to be extremely lucky in finding a 299 Blue/Legendary for every single slot, get the 300 Artifact reward from the Court of Oryx quest and then equip either Touch of Malice (which actually would require Raiding) or Black Spindle (until it gets nerfed) to move past 299.

Unless there's something I'm missing? I ran the numbers right now and 299 (max for Blues and non-Raid Legendaries to drop at) across the board, with a 300 Artifact and a 310 Primary or Secondary = 300.4 Light Level :)

I've been lucky in more than a few spots actually. The quests that have awarded 310 or 300 stuff have helped a bunch. I think with just a 298 or 299 piece here or there I should be able to get it.

Trickster

Quick idea: What would you guys think of an additional PvP mode without supers?

Not that im sick of getting lightning-farted to death, but i think a more conservative mode would be a nice addition.

Yes please. Now also remove shotguns and increase player health in that mode, and you have a gametype that could actually be fun!

edit - Bogey I hope you're still alive for our raid tommorow lol

Bogeypop

nOoblet16

So I was thinking, considering Bungie will nerf the spindle, wouldn't it be a better idea to use the 310 spindle to infuse other special weapons like Telesto etc so as to get them to as high level as possible?

Raybunny

Morning Gaf how are you today?

I just want to express my gratitude for yesterdays day. Not cause the raid was fast, not cause
Warpriest
and
Gorgoroth
were slain almost as soon as they showed themselves to us, not cause my guardians had the opportunity to get a couple "black sprinklers" but cause a friend that had a very rough and heavy day, starting to demoralize after a few Daily Heroic attempts was pushed by a couple of guardians one last time to get what would surely subconsciously haunt his thoughts and with that finish his gaming day with something that I bet brought him some joy.

Destiny Destiny!

nOoblet16

By the way, The Vanity from future war cult is one of the best primaries in the game right now.

Except for the fact that firefly and luck in the chamber together can cause the game to crash.

Is it better to infuse the current Spindle and repurchase the blueprint?

Yes, use it to level up your best sniper, I took my 1000yd from 300 to 308. Then used the blueprint to level up my invective, hereafter and telesto to 298. I'll also level up a scrub legendary to infuse back into the spindle after its nerfed, to get it back close to 300

So I was thinking, considering Bungie will nerf the spindle, wouldn't it be a better idea to use the 310 spindle to infuse other special weapons like Telesto etc so as to get them to as high level as possible?

As above

That was some intense shit. Many thanks to RadicalVelocity and hEist22!

Kensuke, if you still need one more, I got you. It'll have to be my final run for the night though.

2real4tv

Yes, use it to level up your best sniper, I took my 1000yd from 300 to 308. Then used the blueprint to level up my invective, hereafter and telesto to 298. I'll also level up a scrub legendary to infuse back into the spindle after its nerfed, to get it back close to 300

As above

Hmmm would like to do the raid first haven't tried yet. I wonder what will be the ETA on the fix.

Siaynoqq

Me and another gaffer at very end and need one more for spindle run. Someone who knows how to get there and can lead us, preferably. I'm 269 and he is 285.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can someone tell me if Lightweight was a possible perk for Rocket Launchers before?

ocean

Banned
Morning Gaf how are you today?

I just want to express my gratitude for yesterdays day. Not cause the raid was fast, not cause
Warpriest
and
Gorgoroth
were slain almost as soon as they showed themselves to us, not cause my guardians had the opportunity to get a couple "black sprinklers" but cause a friend that had a very rough and heavy day, starting to demoralize after a few Daily Heroic attempts was pushed by a couple of guardians one last time to get what would surely subconsciously haunt his thoughts and with that finish his gaming day with something that I bet brought him some joy.

Destiny Destiny!
"You'll have a great day in Destiny you'll see"
"Not going to sleep until he gets it"

This kind of thing is why I love playing this game, and why I love playing with this crowd.

"You'll have a great day in Destiny you'll see"
"Not going to sleep until he gets it"

This kind of thing is why I love playing this game, and why I love playing with this crowd.

Posts like this is why I have started on PS4. Yes there are Xbox player but its difficult to find amongst all the PS posts. GAF destiny seems like best destiny!

Raybunny

PUG'd up to Golgoroth, then everyone started yelling at each other and quitting.

At least I got a Black Spindle today.

This fight requires a lot of coordination and one person calling the shots. 1 person on the pit asking for time and moving the party to the next orb and the gazers counting down. Unfortunately "bluebearing" is not the way to go atm since not everyone knows the tactics

Acidote

Where do I get a T3 rune for court of oryx then? Is 289 high enough to complete it?

I have it but I need two more tier 2 kills to charge it. I got it from a tier 2 kill if a remember well. I'll try to set up a CoO group here around 6:30pm CEST to complete Eris' quest.

Skele7on

Banned
god damn two random people from my friends list that joined me last night

just damaging the boss whilst leaving all ads and balls for me to deal with,

Did not get spindle will try when I get home from work tonight.

PUG'd up to Golgoroth, then everyone started yelling at each other and quitting.

At least I got a Black Spindle today.

Sounds about right.

Can someone tell me if Lightweight was a possible perk for Rocket Launchers before?

Did some quick database searching and the only Rocket Launchers that can roll Lightweight are TTK Suros models. Vanilla, TDB, HoW, and TTK normal Launchers (ie. Hothead and The Smolder) can't.

Raybunny

god damn two random people from my friends list that joined me last night

just damaging the boss whilst leaving all ads and balls for me to deal with,

Did not get spindle will try when I get home from work tonight.

Sounds about right.

The daily changes in 21 minutes...

post-40935-Wilfred-Mott-crying-gif-Imgur-cCIY.gif

Top Bottom