• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Did some quick database searching and the only Rocket Launchers that can roll Lightweight are TTK Suros models. Vanilla, TDB, HoW, and TTK normal Launchers (ie. Hothead and The Smolder) can't.

Big thanks!

The Vertigo from FWC just got even better then.

Bogeypop

May i join psn legendkilla3rd

Edit. Nvm i was late gl i just found out destinylfg is down now.

Damn just missed it.

Yeah sorry guys. I'll definitely do this again when it comes around. Heck there are probably going to be other Story missions like this that people just haven't discovered yet.

So ends the Spindle Sherpa. Helped over 50 people get their Black Spindle. I hope they enjoy it.
If I was truly mad I'd squeeze in one last run, but I don't know how it'd work if the clock turned over and we were still in the middle of the mission. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up for nothing

nbraun80

I hate some people, tried to do it with a buddy and his friend. His friend has an exotic swofd and insists its the only way to kill the boos to get the spindle. Then when he dies to the boss multi times trying the sword him he says we can't do it with another exotic sword. When I suggest to just try and clear the side and black balls and someone dos the boss with a sniper he says good luck sniping him he moves too much. Ugh....

Skele7on

Banned
The daily changes in 21 minutes...

post-40935-Wilfred-Mott-crying-gif-Imgur-cCIY.gif

Don't worry babe, it can be done just using heroic difficulty <3

Bogeypop

Boguester and Bogey should start a Bogcarry clan with Skolas emblems and Spindler ships.

To think I started up Destiny today thinking I'd just do some Patrols, my Dailies, and farm a bit of Glimmer so I can buy the Moldering Shards from Eris (had already farmed the Hadium Flakes the night before, but was short on Glimmer), and then play some MGSV. Little did I know. Now I'm short on Heavy Ammo Synths too :( Think I was also gonna ask for help on the Shield Brothers part of the quest for the Chaperone.

FeD.nL

I don't know if this was known already but I know how you can get extra exotic shards. You get 2 shards if you dismantle a fully leveled weapon, at least it has worked on the black spindle twice so far. So you buy one for a shard, use the special weapon telemetry with motes and then dismantle it and you get an extra shard.

edit: 3 times now

edit 2: worked on my 4th horsemen as well

ocean

Banned
I was told yesterday it could, unless things changed once I went to bed.

if it can't well shit, I'm not too bothered about it.
SCREAMING

I need a vita...
lol the people who tell you things troll you so hard. But they invite you to parties and gift CEs so it's all forgiven :p

Shouldn't be more than a week before it's the Daily again, you know how much bungie likes DLC Dailies

ocean

Banned
To think I started up Destiny today thinking I'd just do some Patrols, my Dailies, and farm a bit of Glimmer so I can buy the Moldering Shards from Eris (had already farmed the Hadium Flakes the night before, but was short on Glimmer), and then play some MGSV. Little did I know. Now I'm short on Heavy Ammo Synths too :( Think I was also gonna ask for help on the Shield Brothers part of the quest for the Chaperone.
I won't be home for 6 more hours but I could totally help you get that if you still need it by then!

Major props for your marathon carry train.

Bogeypop

I won't be home for 6 more hours but I could totally help you get that if you still need it by then!

Major props for your marathon carry train.

I'll probably relax for the next hour or two, go to bed, and sleep for 9 hours so that works out! (Maybe)

I just can't bring myself to use the 310 Spindle as infusion fuel.
I already have a 306 raid sniper, but don't want to upgrade it, because I'd rather use a 300 Spindle anyways (infusing 2x300 specials I upgraded with the purchased Spindles).
So I'm just gonna keep the 310 one, come what may.

maomaoIYP

Yeah sorry guys. I'll definitely do this again when it comes around. Heck there are probably going to be other Story missions like this that people just haven't discovered yet.

So ends the Spindle Sherpa. Helped over 50 people get their Black Spindle. I hope they enjoy it.
If I was truly mad I'd squeeze in one last run, but I don't know how it'd work if the clock turned over and we were still in the middle of the mission. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up for nothing

Don't worry about it man, really appreciate you helping Gaffers like this. DGaf is the best gaming community I have ever come across!

Im sorry walrus my internet crashed it hasnt done that in months and just my luck it does it now.

Now im mad at myself for spending 11 hrs 5pm till 4am trying to get this gun and failing.

I dont know what I feel about that, it would have been so much better if the spindle would have been a one time deal. Makes the community a little more diverse and will create more unique characters in the game.

Yeano that would be a kick in the balls to those who couldnt get it done today for various rEasons.

I remember how mad people were when gally was sold i was happy the more the merrier no need for elitism.

Lyonaz

I dont know what I feel about that, it would have been so much better if the spindle would have been a one time deal. Makes the community a little more diverse and will create more unique characters in the game.

We would get a Gjallarhorn situation, where people only want Spindle people for raids.

Bogeypop

Im sorry walrus my internet crashed it hasnt done that in months and just my luck it does it now.

Now im mad at myself for spending 11 hrs 5pm till 4am trying to get this gun and failing.

I'm sorry to hear that, man. When the Daily rolls out again let me know and you'll be the first person I help.

So what have I missed these last few hours while I've been away?
Any new exotics that found their way into a mission secret?

We found Gjallarhorn 2.0, but it requires you to do Skolas with pre-TTK gear and with Burns like when it launched and you can't use Gjallarhorn.

Kensuke

The reset has happened, so it might not work anymore but we're at the ship part of the spindle mission. We could use 1 more! Anyone, please join us. :p

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

ocean

Banned
Except that a normal 4 rounds sniper is better for the raid currently than the spindle
Nah

On bosses you can crit consistently this thing is DPS King. We absolutely melted the bosses yesterday it was ridiculous, I had never seen health go down that fast on WP/G**

DS and Oryx are Touch of Malice all the way though

Raybunny

Raid hype. Time to get baby Titan some loot and Spindle/Malice those fool bosses.

Them MALICE! Will use it.

Supposedly Cosmo tweeted that ALL Black Spindle's are getting nerfed to 290 attack, including any you bought from the Kiosk, whether or not you infuse it.

Oh man! I will take the chance to infuse my 1000 twice then. Get it up to 310.
Can you provide the link?

Edit: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/155921520

Oh boy Ill infuse all the secondaries I want to keep up to 300 today. Good I got on reserve 300 Axio beads. Glimmer will not be a problem to get 20+ .Will also infuse a few crappy secondaries up to 300 just as a feeder for the nerfed spindle. Will get it up to 300 but that ok

I'm sorry to hear that, man. When the Daily rolls out again let me know and you'll be the first person I help.

We found Gjallarhorn 2.0, but it requires you to do Skolas with pre-TTK gear and with Burns like when it launched and you can't use Gjallarhorn.

Thanks i do wanna thank you and others like you it makes this a great community.

Anyone wanna tak a newb through Oryx see what the fuss is about ?

Top Bottom