• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Klyka

Banned
Wait ... what? Why? Why speak to Eris today?

I don't know.

That poster said we should talk to Eris today and when asked why he gave a cryptic "You'll see tomorrow" answer.

I don't know him so I have no idea if he is like an insider or just making stuff up

Lnkn52

Maybe I should infuse a spindle with another spindle and get stuck in the Twilight Zone.

But amazing guys, this spindle craze made this OT fly by. Faster than the actual raid.

GlamFM

Banned
I think retroactively bringing the hammer down to 290 is completely screwed.

Everybody will infuse it back to 310 eventually - so why even do anything?

They fucked up - we earned our 310 hammer!

k1t4j

Everybody will infuse it back to 210 eventually - so why even do anything.

I fucking earned that shit at 310, that encounter is fucking bonkers at points.

I EARNED IT DAMMIT!!!!1111!!!!

salty guardian

nbraun80

I don't know.

That poster said we should talk to Eris today and when asked why he gave a cryptic "You'll see tomorrow" answer.

I don't know him so I have no idea if he is like an insider or just making stuff up

Just talked to her, she gave me an emblem, not sure if thay was it or from a previous quest, but she was blue when I talked to her so I didn't turn anything in.

I did the 42 strike with a couple of people and I was a weak link not really knowing wtf was going on through 3/4 of it but what I also didn't realize until we got to the boss was that it was the exotic sword quest dude. We got him and I got my sword!

So thanks Arcdemon_5788 and I think the other name was risj315 or something similar. Good stuff.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
You can use a blueprint even after you dismantle said weapon, right? So theoretically you should infuse the spindle with something and you can later rebuy at any point with marks?

Waldini

I don't know.

Weird.

There's 2 chances something might happen with Eris. 1 has passed (daily reset) and the other wont occur for another 7 hours (other reset for other thingies)

Klyka

Banned
Weird.

There's 2 chances something might happen with Eris. 1 has passed (daily reset) and the other wont occur for another 7 hours (other reset for other thingies)

Well we just heard that she gave someone an emblem but it could be coincidence?

ocean

Banned
You can use a blueprint even after you dismantle said weapon, right? So theoretically you should infuse the spindle with something and you can later rebuy at any point with marks?
Yeah. Just note that the one you got will drop to 290 whereas Blueprint Exotics come at 280.

Right now Black S comes at 300 from Blueprint. This is an anomaly. Take advantage to infuse all the specials you can/want to 300.

I'm glimmer poor right now so I likely won't be able to take much advantage of this.

Everybody will infuse it back to 310 eventually - so why even do anything?

Yeah, it's dumb.
The explanation that they will "bring it down to the level of other year 2 exotics aka 290" doesn't make much sense when exotics like the swords and Touch of Malice are 310.

I love the way the hung jury scout sounds when shooting

it's very soothing like water

Yeah its a great weapon all around. I randomly tried an Omolon scout early while levelling to 40 and I knew I had to buy it when I saw it at the DO vendor

btw what vendor has the best hand cannon? Really like my Ace of Spades but not all classes have the luxury of using it. Haven't had luck getting an Eyasluna or Imago Loop.

ocean

Banned
Things to test: pop runes in Court of Oryx, run Crota's End. Anything else give Eris rep and might "trigger" her?

Or are we just being trolled :p

sephi22

Tried my luck with various Gaffers throughout the day, and failed each time. Many of those failures were because of me. My friends who had already got the Sniper were doing raids on busy helping others. Gave up the hope of getting on Bogey's waitlist, and almost threw in the towel. However, an hour before the reset, I was able to get it done with two of my own PSN friends, one of which was only doing this mission for the first time today.

I guess you could say it was destiny. Heh heh.
Can't remember the last time a video game made me this happy

jacobs34

Anyone up to play Summoners Circle/Fears Embrace. I'm light level 293, but could use some help to beat these missions.

PSN: MrJCJacobs

Yeah its a great weapon all around. I randomly tried an Omolon scout early while levelling to 40 and I knew I had to buy it when I saw it at the DO vendor

btw what vendor has the best hand cannon? Really like my Ace of Spades but not all classes have the luxury of using it. Haven't had luck getting an Eyasluna or Imago Loop.

future war cult apparently has fatebringer stats and firefly I think ?

ocean

Banned

FWC HC is pure amazement. Their Rocket a launcher is probably the best on sale too.

Dead Orbit has a godly Scout and a neat PvE shotgun. Vanguard has a great Sniper. Crucuble I like the side arm.

Pulse and fusion are strange weapons I won't comment on, and I haven't tested any of the Machine Guns.

Thread moves, sorry if it's been answered a 100 times.

I should infuse my 310 spindle into another special right? Then just buy a 300 and it will get brought To 290?

Trickster

Tried my luck with various Gaffers throughout the day, and failed each time. Many of those failures were because of me. My friends who had already got the Sniper were doing raids on busy helping others. Gave up the hope of getting on Bogey's waitlist, and almost threw in the towel. However, an hour before the reset, I was able to get it done with two of my own PSN friends, one of which was only doing this mission for the first time today.

I guess you could say it was destiny. Heh heh.
Can't remember the last time a video game made me this happy

"oh man oh man dude, you are the man" I love that accent lol

Gz!

Thread moves, sorry if it's been answered a 100 times.

I should infuse my 310 spindle into another special right? Then just buy a 300 and it will get brought To 290?

a 300 one will turn into a 280.

But you can buy a 300 one, infuse something to 295+ or something like that, then buy another spindle, wait for that to turn into a 280, then infuse that with the infused weapon that you used a 300 spindle on. to get a 290+ spindle

If that sounds dumb, it's because it is dumb as fuck

You could also buy a 300 spindle, infuse your 310 spindle into that 300 spindle to get a 307 spindle and hope that will let it stay at 307 becuase of it's infuse status ( I did this, though kinda regretting it since deej's post is vague in regards to this specific "solution" )

Since we're rapidly approaching the end of OT31 (our first sub-1-week OT in I dunno how long), two questions:

1.) OT Title Suggestions?

2.) Are we still spoiler tagging all Raid discussion? Since it's only been 6 days since OT31, I would guess "Yes." I'll put it in the title again if that's okay with everyone.

MrS

Banned
I would rather use a blue 290+ machine gun and keep the exotic slot for another weapon like Zhalo or Suros.
I was thinking that too. I've got a 297 void purple machine gun and 297 arc sword so I might focus on upgrading Suros instead.

ocean

Banned
are the drops in heroric strikes and 36 strikes the same?
First 3 each week are 10 Marks. Also if you do each of those first 3 runs of the week on a different character they'll get a guaranteed a legendary Engram along with the 10 Marks.

Other than that, I'm not really sure the loot is better. I've had more Legendary engrams drop randomly from the boss of info a streak (consecutive runs), but my sample size isn't enough to tell if there's actually a better rate on Heroic vs. normal

As someone that never gets to raid that sniper rifle gave me a huge incentive to play hard. I did 2 groups one before dinner and one after and finally after the 7th attempt we got it. It felt really good and then as soon as we were done we read the nerf news, and I started feeling like I did back when "purple" engrams gave out blues, and quit playing.

I'm fine with them fixing the blueprint value because that makes sense but if they drop the 310 I've leveled up and broke other weapons down to make it fit, I'll be pissed.

Stuff like this is why I can't be bothered to waste time and effort on higher end items since they all get nerfed to hell.

Raybunny

Since we're rapidly approaching the end of OT31 (our first sub-1-week OT in I dunno how long), two questions:

2.) Are we still spoiler tagging all Raid discussion? Since it's only been 6 days since OT31, I would guess "Yes." I'll put it in the title again if that's okay with everyone.

1) Praise for Ru(i)ned Treasures (Praise a referenceon dark souls for all the lore referenced on the new weapons, runed for the runes lore on the BH fragment, the (i) for the ruined fun of all its owners and treasures cause some weapons involve searching, something the community is doing it atm)

2) I say yes.

inthrall

1) The Bacon King
2) Spoiler any images from the raid, but not names/strats

Top Bottom