• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Klyka

Banned
Alright,had a pretty good day today finding new loot and such ad am now Light level 285.

I'll charge my controller now, and eat and then later would be up for trying out the raid,so if people have a spot open for a 285 Hunter, keep me in mind Guardians

PSN Klyka1

ERMint13

So I want to buy some helmet Engrams from Xur...

It's my understanding they all decode to Year2 exotics but I'd assume it will be the same random RNG as last time. IE a Warlock doesn't have a better chance at a Warlock helmet then a Titan. My chances of getting the same on repeated a couple of times have gone down though correct?

Got another 3 engrams in 10 ToC

Decrypted to Mask of the Third Man, Telesto and The Last Word.

Will probably be nerfed by the time I wake up

It's my understanding they all decode to Year2 exotics but I'd assume it will be the same random RNG as last time. IE a Warlock doesn't have a better chance at a Warlock helmet then a Titan. My chances of getting the same on repeated a couple of times have gone down though correct?
This could just be my luck but after decrypting probably 30-35 exotic engrams today I'd say the chances of you getting an exotic for your current character is higher. But there is still a chance it could be for another class.

I have seen no change in the chance of dupes. In my first 10 helmet engrams I received 5 for the Stag (and over 10 total)

jacket320

Hold on a min-I read earlier that they decode into Y1 exotics, heavily weighted towards Y1 weapons that you haven't already gotten to compete a collection. Just wanted to give you some pause before you bought it and were disappointed!

Disclaimer: I'm at work and just reading stuff and there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Cruxist

Looks pretty damn involved so far. I wish the streamers wouldn't play together though, all that personality shouting and trying to solve shit is super frustrating.

Hold on a min-I read earlier that they decode into Y1 exotics, heavily weighted towards Y1 weapons that you haven't already gotten to compete a collection. Just wanted to give you some pause before you bought it and were disappointed!

Disclaimer: I'm at work and just reading stuff and there is a lot of misinformation out there.

That's the legacy engram. The Helmet engram should be current year two ones

Ophelion

Datto's group is not a fun stream they are too frustrated and angry at each other lol

That seems so weird to me. The one time it seems like it would be 100% Ok for people to be fucking up is day one of a new raid. Nobody knows what they're doing! Why waste energy on being upset over that when you could be using it to mentally attack whatever mechanical deathtrap those supervillains over at Bungie have dreamed up?

Lnkn52

That seems so weird to me. The one time it seems like it would be 100% Ok for people to be fucking up is day one of a new raid. Nobody knows what they're doing! Why waste energy on being upset over that when you could be using it to mentally attack whatever mechanical deathtrap those supervillains over at Bungie have dreamed up?

Cause they want to be World's First.

Kalamari

Exotics armor seem to have randomized perks, given that it may take time to find a good exotic piece, maybe exotics are supposed to be easier to get this year.

Bladelaw

To clarify:
The LEGACY HEAVY WEAPON EXOTIC ENGRAM decodes into a YEAR ONE HEAVY WEAPON weighting toward an item you don't have.

The EXOTIC HELMET ENGRAM decodes into a YEAR TWO EXOTIC HELMET with the same caveats about Xur (warlocks getting hunter helmets, streakiness) as before.

If you want old stuff, buy the first one, if you want new (higher Defense) stuff buy the second.

Id assume becuase worlds 1st is on the line. as far as I know his group has come in around 4th or so before, but never got a 1st.

EL CUCO

since the NF can be cleared at around 265ish, I dont see a problem with a 280ish doing the raid. oh 190!?!?! probably not lol
I'm sorry! I meant 290 lol

Enemies stay the same level throughout the NF. In Raids they usually scale up towards the end. I'm 286....hope its enough :(

Reading from people's experience, the engrams are much more aligned to your class this time, but! they are highly prone to duplicates. I got 5 helm of St 14s. Another guy got 6 skullforts. So buy a few, but don't go nuts.

Top Bottom