• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

So I did the PoE on level 28 and it matched me up with a fireteam. Cool. Now I'm trying to do it at level 35 and it isn't. WTF. Why? I need help with it I can't do it alone. ffs Bungie.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Cozmo just posted that they are discussing a patch for the exotic engram farming lol

No fun allowed

These dudes really don't think things through. You give players an item that increases odds of a loot drop (in a game ABOUT loot drops), they're going to find a way to farm. Come on now.

JTripper

Not seeing anyone bite yet so let's start one.
King's Fall raid. As soon as we fill.
1. Slammin_hammon
2. ambitious

Just be close to 290.

I'm 289, I'd love try it at any time. Doing stuff on Destiny now so hopefully I'll hit 290 before we fill up.

PSN: JxOxHxNxSxOxN

SkylineRKR

Sorry to be that guy but can someone explain that engram exploit to me?

Stack up on Three of coins at Xur, costs 7 SC each.

Load Scourge of Winter on Venus. Difficulty doesn't matter, I do easy.

Run through the level, kill the 3 majors, run to the boss, Draksis. Before his room, pop a three of coins, hurt him until he's near death. Run in and shoot rocket up close. Respawn and pop a three of coins, repeat.

GhaleonEB

I'm such a curmudgeon. I see the exotic farming and think - why? Seriously. I love the feeling of that great loot drop, and short circuiting that so early is really unappealing to me. I'm looking forward to building out the exotic collection, not cheesing it in one day prior to an exploit getting patched. (This is more a commentary on me than you guys, but I still just don't get it.) It's like blitzing through all your presents in 3 minutes Christmas morning.

LiK

I'm such a curmudgeon. I see the exotic farming and think - why? Seriously. I love the feeling of that great loot drop, and short circuiting that so early is really unappealing to me. I'm looking forward to building out the exotic collection, not cheesing it in one day prior to an exploit getting patched. (This is more a commentary on me than you guys, but I still just don't get it.) It's like blitzing through all your presents in 3 minutes Christmas morning.

some people want exotics fast. personally, I'm not in the mood for any grinding.

Buy 3 of coins
Go to scourge of winter
Get to boss
Pop consumable
Whittle down his health
Kill him while suiciding with rocket
On respawn pop consumable and repeat
???
Exotic engrams

I just read it on Reddit, it sounds like you don't want to pop coins until you get an exotic, is that right.

Navy Bean

I'm such a curmudgeon. I see the exotic farming and think - why? Seriously. I love the feeling of that great loot drop, and short circuiting that so early is really unappealing to me. I'm looking forward to building out the exotic collection, not cheesing it in one day prior to an exploit getting patched. (This is more a commentary on me than you guys, but I still just don't get it.)

I agree. I can see wanting to get a few exotics to kick off year 2 but getting 10+ exotics this quickly would just ruin it for me. We'll see if I can show restraint later, though lol.

noomi

I like the feeling of a loot drop just as much as the next guy, but you know what I don't like?

Struggling for 6 months to get an exotic that never drops and is never sold. I'm taking it while I can! :D

R0ckman

Wait, how are people dealing with running out of rockets during the farm? Just sitting and waiting for the synth cool offs?

I think a bit of it is due to the year 1 exotics being so expensive to upgrade to year 2. I barely used Xur at all for HoWs exotics, and didn't mind, but if half my exotic drops are going to be vanilla v2.0, then I'd like to get a head start on that.

Luis_23

I had something really weird happen. Was playing the paradox mission on venus and was at the end, killed an enemy down there and an item dropped like if it was like for a patrol. Picked it up and it was a legendary fusion rifle I believe. After I beat the boss, went to my inventory and it was gone :/. Anyone else has that happen?

Edit: NM, it was for a quest for the gunsmith. Weird, I never got offered the quest from him...

SkylineRKR

Wait, how are people dealing with running out of rockets during the farm? Just sitting and waiting for the synth cool offs?

I have 8 shots on my tripod radegast, which is 8 kills. Cooldown would be complete when I used up all rockets. But enemies also tend to drop heavy.

flkraven

I had something really weird happen. Was playing the paradox mission on venus and was at the end, killed an enemy down there and an item dropped like if it was like for a patrol. Picked it up and it was a legendary fusion rifle I believe. After I beat the boss, went to my inventory and it was gone :/. Anyone else has that happen?

It's in your consumables tab, under missions I believe. You turn it into the gunsmith

Ophelion

I like the feeling of a loot drop just as much as the next guy, but you know what I don't like?

Struggling for 6 months to get an exotic that never drops and is never sold. I'm taking it while I can! :D

I mean...you know there's going to be some kind of low-percentage chance exotic drop you can only get from the raid though...

Ganhyun

Concerning the raid.

KxoZ's group got past the first true raid part.
Looks like two totems and a plate in middle. You need two people on each totem and two in middle. One of those two on totem has a mark that protects you as the totems are covered in poison. It lasts for about 30 seconds and then you lose the mark and have deathsinger powerx10. Other person there has mark, person with deathsinger goes to middle to charge a relic. person in middle goes to totem to be next to get the mark. you keep that up until done.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I kind of agree with you. I was planning to run strikes tonight anyway, so I'll probably end mostly using my coins that way.

I say mostly, because I'm going to at least try cheesemode a handful of times.

someday

Banned

Yeah, a month ago I wouldn't have felt this way but getting a gjallarhorn one month before it was sent to oblivion changed me. Hell, I never did the loot cave because I didn't see the point but I feel a little differently now. I'm buying some coins.

KxoZz

Got the Raid Ghost. 308 Defense.
Looks like a Taken Ghost. Has an visual effect. Someone else got it too with 303 Defense.

noomi

I mean...you know there's going to be some kind of low-percentage chance exotic drop you can only get from the raid though...

Yeah, I'm sure there will be. After what i went through with the Hawkmoon (search for over 6months).... never again!

I like the idea of exotics being tucked away behind quests though, good move on Bungies part.

Top Bottom