• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I need to figure out how to level up, fast. Thought the minimum was 280.

I tried equipping my lowest stuff and I could only drop to 252, but you can enter with that light level. It's probably up to your fireteam if they want to bring you in at that light level though.

Blind Raid tonight at 1030 pacific, 2 spots open

Check my profile for PSN and message me if you want in.

zewone

This could just be my luck but after decrypting probably 30-35 exotic engrams today I'd say the chances of you getting an exotic for your current character is higher. But there is still a chance it could be for another class.

I have seen no change in the chance of dupes. In my first 10 helmet engrams I received 5 for the Stag (and over 10 total)

Opened all my exotics on my hunter 50/50 Hunter and Warlock exotics and I got two Jade Rabbits. :/

Ophelion

It's about money and views and rep in the community, etc.
This is those people's life.
They treat it a little different than we do.

Hum. Something about this makes me feel kind of bad for them.

Though I will take some vicarious pleasure if a GAF fireteam snakes the world's first title all the same.

SkylineRKR

So i found out that if you find a Y2, you cannot buy the Y1 at the terminal. Still have to discover it first.

Also, I deleted NLB some time ago and its not discovered according to the game. So it doesn't track by grimoire.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Today is going slow. 4 more hours or so until I am home and get to combine beer with video games. Struggle2reel

Hopefully it is still not fixed through the weekend :)

Hopefully not fixed by tonight.

Or at least I hope its a reasonable fix, like strike bosses only, or a timer, and not an outright nerf of the drop chance/cost.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Not including the ones not pictured all over the place plus I killed him twice without dying by accident and that net me a few.

30+ exotic engrams and I still have 600+ coins left. Tis was worth it.

m5j9Bhf.png

EL CUCO

As of now, where everyone seems to be at in the Raid it says "recommended 180 light"

Seems to be a couple checkpoints in.

rc213

Not including the ones not pictured all over the place plus I killed him twice without dying by accident and that net me a few.

m5j9Bhf.png

Do you pop a 3 of coins every time you suicide kill him?

vctor182

I tried equipping my lowest stuff and I could only drop to 252, but you can enter with that light level. It's probably up to your fireteam if they want to bring you in at that light level though.

Blind Raid tonight at 1030 pacific, 2 spots open

Check my profile for PSN and message me if you want in.

Can you take in a 280 hunter?

Kurumi

Couldn't get my light level up in time to do the raid. But still want to do a blind raid with people who haven't done it yet. Don't want it to end up like the old raids where I'm in a group with ppl that have already done it and are just breezing through it. And/or cheesing it.

m5j9Bhf.png

how do you avoid stepping on them when trying to suicide Rocket, lol

Watch Zobas. I'm not watching cuz I want to go in blind but there group is great!

Edit: Beaten
Not watching any But Zoba's group cleared the first part:
http://www.twitch.tv/twilightgap

goth is a fun loving guy. but I believe a couple of gaffers are streaming

ok following Zoba's for a while

That seems so weird to me. The one time it seems like it would be 100% Ok for people to be fucking up is day one of a new raid. Nobody knows what they're doing! Why waste energy on being upset over that when you could be using it to mentally attack whatever mechanical deathtrap those supervillains over at Bungie have dreamed up?
seriously they should be having fun maybe its the world's first pressure smh

I'm watching the Planet Destiny stream...really good and chill group explaining everything.
will watch them later from the start should be fun

MechDX

m5j9Bhf.png

Need clarification. What mission is this? Pop the 3 of coins once per try or many per try?

Want to try this as soon as I get home

m5j9Bhf.png

Wow.

So at the end after you beat him you just kill yourself? What do you mean by suicide rocket?

Danj

I see that most of the Crucible modes are paywalled for Taken King owners only now. And I gather that you have to have the two previous expansions before you can even buy Taken King unless you buy the bundled version. Even on Amazon it's £42. And GAME will only give £5 for a trade-in on the original. I wonder if in Year 3 they'll lock out Year 1 owners entirely? Or will they do it earlier?

SkylineRKR

Need clarification. What mission is this? Pop the 3 of coins once per try or many per try?

Want to try this as soon as I get home

Once. Then suicide kill him. Then pop again. After every death the effect of the item is gone but the rate will still increase, I got like 4 exotic drops in a row at some point.

Just go to the winter kell lair, pop item, shoot him with IB until his health is low, then run in with rocket and kill him + yourself. respawn, pop item.

I did this on easy, don't even have TTK lol. Cannot use the exotics too.

Jinjo

Sealed Ahamkara Grasps verdict:

Smoke melee does NOT work (not even when using toxin), knife throw does work. Don't need a melee charge for the effect to proc. A regular melee works too. Pretty solid bonus overall. Let down it doesn't work on the smokes though.

If you use 1 coin for each kill the chance has to be somewhere between 15% and 20%.
Most of my friends got 1 exotic every 6 coins(some slightly more than that, some slightly less, but everybody who used a considerable amount of coins came out at about that number) on average.

5 coins cost 7 strange coins, so one exotic costs slightly more than 7 strange coins.
Pretty good deal.

MechDX

Once. Then suicide kill him. Then pop again. After every death the effect of the item is gone but the rate will still increase, I got like 4 exotic drops in a row at some point.

Just go to the winter kell lair, pop item, shoot him with IB until his health is low, then run in with rocket and kill him + yourself. respawn, pop item.

Where is winter Kell lair??

Top Bottom