• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ophelion

Yeah, I'm sure there will be. After what i went through with the Hawkmoon (search for over 6months).... never again!

I like the idea of exotics being tucked away behind quests though, good move on Bungies part.

I feel you on that. Didn't get my hawkmoon until first day of year 2. Thank god there's a year 2 version...might actually get some use out of it this year.

Ambitious

I like the feeling of a loot drop just as much as the next guy, but you know what I don't like?

Struggling for 6 months to get an exotic that never drops and is never sold. I'm taking it while I can! :D

This is my viewpoint as well. I got a 4th Horseman today, that never dropped for me in Y1. Besides that the way I look at it is more legendary marks freed from having to buy Y2 legendaries again. I've already got my Titan on the ground running with Saint-14 and Ruin Wings. I'm gonna do this until I run outta 3oC so I can have fun using the exotics instead of wishing I had them for a year.

Please keep the spoiler-free impressions of the raid, coming. So hyped.

Also, are there real checkpoints unlike PoE? That's my big question.

Thanks for the spoiler good sir.fuck.

Yes, rewards are spoilers.

I've warned the people in my clan that if they put a single spoiler in the clan whatsapp chat their mobile numbers are going in every public toilet I find! It's working so far.

I will be going in blind with other clan mates who haven't been able to hit 290+ yet in a few days.

Navy Bean

Please keep the spoiler-free impressions of the raid, coming. So hyped.

Also, are there real checkpoints unlike PoE? That's my big question.

All I know is the second section after the
jumps
seems really hard. Not frustrating hard, but lots of mechanics AND stuff to kill.

matmanx1

That new Nightstalker meta though
rejoice.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uTDi6BHBQg&feature=youtu.be

i could get used to this, especially if people stop using rockets.

Love the dodge roll. That is tight. However it makes me sad panda every time I see you ADS with TLW. Bungie nerfed the ADS aim assist and buffed the aim assist on hipfire + you get a damage bonus for precision hits. It works so much better when hipfired even though I know you don't like it.

I'm such a curmudgeon. I see the exotic farming and think - why? Seriously. I love the feeling of that great loot drop, and short circuiting that so early is really unappealing to me. I'm looking forward to building out the exotic collection, not cheesing it in one day prior to an exploit getting patched. (This is more a commentary on me than you guys, but I still just don't get it.) It's like blitzing through all your presents in 3 minutes Christmas morning.

I agree, more or less. I don't mind running that mission with a 3oC active to see if i can get an exotic. I've done it once and gotten a Jade Rabbit and I am very happy with that. What I don't agree with is the suicide boss rush to "stack" exotics. That feels like a large block of unwholesome cheese that should be patched with a cool down timer for the 3oC activation.

GhaleonEB

I like the feeling of a loot drop just as much as the next guy, but you know what I don't like?

Struggling for 6 months to get an exotic that never drops and is never sold. I'm taking it while I can! :D

My time with TTK so far has me thinking this really won't be an issue going forward. I'm constantly getting the loot I need in the slots I need it. I think the 'smart loot' system works.

I'll let you know in six months if I'm still chasing something! :p

MrDaravon

Not in this thread please. Can we get a no spoiler rule for 36 hours or something Ghaleon?

We have spoiler rules, but they keep getting missed because the thread is moving a million miles an hour. I don't personally care about raid spoilers, but anyone who does care frankly shouldn't be in this thread at this point, because people are continuously missing or ignoring that lol.

Love the dodge roll. That is tight. However it makes me sad panda every time I see you ADS with TLW. Bungie nerfed the ADS aim assist and buffed the aim assist on hipfire + you get a damage bonus for precision hits. It works so much better when hipfired even though I know you don't like it.

The kill time is too slow with hipfire compared to what it used to be and it's less reliable for getting precision kills, so i don't like using it. I don't notice any aim assist buff.

Hip fire has its uses but I don't believe it should be a hip fire only gun, especially now that it's weaker.

GhaleonEB

Not in this thread please. Can we get a no spoiler rule for 36 hours or something Ghaleon?

Definitely tag and LABEL all raid pics and spoilers. I had the ending of one of the story missions spoiled because someone did a blind tag out of context and I thought it was part of an ongoing discussion about something else. It sucked.

I'm not sure on duration yet, but I think a 1 week minimum is in order.

Edit: that definitely includes rewards.

MrDaravon

Definitely tag and LABEL all raid pics and spoilers. I had the ending of one of the story missions spoiled because someone did a blind tag out of context and I thought it was part of an ongoing discussion about something else. It sucked.

Unless you put this in the thread title people are going to continue to miss this, you're the only mod really posting in this thread and it's moving way too fast. Hell, people are probably going to miss it even if you put it in the title.

I think the fact that exotics now roll with different stat types as well as stat numbers and we will be infusing them. Having a lot of exotics isn't the same as year 1 where you get it once and you are done. Exotics will turn into infusion fuel at some point so their drop rate can't be nearly as low in addition to having the chance for ideal/perfect rolls outside of Xur luck.

Ganhyun

for those stuck after the ships.

Concerning the raid.

KxoZ's group got past the first true raid part.
Looks like two totems and a plate in middle. You need two people on each totem and two in middle. One of those two on totem has a mark that protects you as the totems are covered in poison. It lasts for about 30 seconds and then you lose the mark and have deathsinger powerx10. Other person there has mark, person with deathsinger goes to middle to charge a relic. person in middle goes to totem to be next to get the mark. you keep that up until done.

Also, the next part:

Warpriest boss. three plates. In middle is a tower with what looks to be code for the order of how you stand on the plates.

Edit: that definitely includes rewards.

Thank you.

vctor182

How do you get base runes? I used up the ones I got in the quests and now I'm dry. I thought helping others with their Court would net me some, but nope. Really frustrating.

Do Patrols and kill Taken Champions they drop runes

Eris also sells them for some wax dolls

Please anyone? Should I decrypt my exotic engram at 34/168?

Exotic engrams decrypt at 290 no matter what.

Edit: At 40. I'd hold off until level 40 before decrypting anything legendary, exotic, rare... anything. Wait.

Best case it's a 290 exotic, but you can't use it until 40 anyhow.

Worst case it decrypts at less than 290 and you can't use it until 40.

Top Bottom