• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Raybunny

After 130 3 coins in scourge of winter i got:

5 Crests of Alpha Lupi titan
1 crest of alpha lupi hunter
1 Saints helmet
5 Skullforts
2 Empyrean Bellicose
1 Taikonaut
2 Skyburners
1 Third man mask
2 Ruins Wings
1 No backup plans
2 ImmO fists
1 4th horseman
2 Telesto
1 Hereafter
2 jade rabits
1 hawkmoon
1 suros
2 Zhalos
1 inmost light

Did the Paradox mission. So good. First Destiny story mission that really stands out. I see replaying for fun even!

Was disappointed in the now official Kabr pronunciation, Kah-BEER. I always said it KAY-buhr.

noomi

My time with TTK so far has me thinking this really won't be an issue going forward. I'm constantly getting the loot I need in the slots I need it. I think the 'smart loot' system works.

I'll let you know in six months if I'm still chasing something! :p

I hope neither of us are chasing anything in 6 months from now haha.

Also, smart loot... did they apply that to all loot in-game? Including exotics?

I thought it was just raid loot.

1 Saints helmet
5 Skullforts
2 Empyrean Bellicose
1 Taikonaut
2 Skyburners
1 Third man mask
2 Ruins Wings
1 No backup plans
2 ImmO fists
1 4th horseman
2 Telesto
1 Hereafter
2 jade rabits
1 hawkmoon
1 suros
2 Zhalos
1 inmost light

That grind though! I just don't have enough time to play the game to do that. Don't get me wrong I will do 30 mins max when I get on in a bit. But wow. Don't think I could bring myself to repeat that so many times.

Definitely tag and LABEL all raid pics and spoilers. I had the ending of one of the story missions spoiled because someone did a blind tag out of context and I thought it was part of an ongoing discussion about something else. It sucked.

I'm not sure on duration yet, but I think a 1 week minimum is in order.

Edit: that definitely includes rewards.

Any chance a thread of it's own would be in order? A week feels like a long time to just see walls of black everywhere.

Ophelion

Praise the Sun Exotic Year 2.

Loving it.

My Sunsinger is back.

After getting my hands on Stormcaller powers, I'm never going back to Sunsinger. Especially now that those hands are wrapped in exotic Stormcaller gauntlets.

Which reminds me. I wish the arc effect on those exotics was a little more pronounced. More like the sunbreakers. You can hardly see the arc most of the time. I want to be wearing glove-shaped tesla coils!

Yours was my pronunciation as well.

I pronounced that way, because I think subconsciously I associated it with Caber tossing, that Scottish sport of tossing huge logs. Seems like something a Titan would do:

china-aboutuk-art-culture-scotland-sport-caber-top_left_image.jpeg
3415460772_fc1afc09a0.jpg

Axoman

I agree. I can see wanting to get a few exotics to kick off year 2 but getting 10+ exotics this quickly would just ruin it for me. We'll see if I can show restraint later, though lol.

I'm going to log on tonight and see dmh playing Scourge of Winter.

That grind though! I just don't have enough time to play the game to do that. Don't get me wrong I will do 30 mins max when I get on in a bit. But wow. Don't think I could bring myself to repeat that so many times.

30 mins is a long time at this if you're rolling good. Only takes 30 seconds(maybe less) to load in, pop 3oC, kill Draksis/yourself and repeat. If you get lucky heavy drops and you don't have to synth. Point is you don't necessarily need to grind for hours upon hours to get all that. I got 5 in 30 mins of my hour lunch break and that included me actually running through the mission and several tower trips. J/s.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh man. Overslept a lil. 22 pages what.

oh GUYS HOW IS THE RAID
I'm such a curmudgeon. I see the exotic farming and think - why? Seriously. I love the feeling of that great loot drop, and short circuiting that so early is really unappealing to me. I'm looking forward to building out the exotic collection, not cheesing it in one day prior to an exploit getting patched. (This is more a commentary on me than you guys, but I still just don't get it.) It's like blitzing through all your presents in 3 minutes Christmas morning.
I'm with you! I really like it as the bonus on actually completing the strike, very satisfying. I totally get the PLR instinct though. Just personally, totally share your school of thought on this.

Ophelion

I pronounced that way, because I think subconsciously I associated it with Caber tossing, that Scottish sport of tossing huge logs. Seems like something a Titan would do

Was Kabr a Titan?

I'm a proud Scot myself. Well...proud of my heritage anyway. It's been years since I've been back to the homeland. 2004 I think it was. Maybe that's where I got it from too.

someday

Banned
I pronounced it Kah-bur as well just because that what it looks like it should be. In fact, I'm going to keep pronouncing it that way cause Bungie's way doesn't make sense.

If I use my Warlock to decrypt these exotic engrams do I have a better chance of getting another classes gear? Really want that new Hunter helmet exotic. Or does it not matter at all?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Was Kabr a Titan?

I'm a proud Scot myself. Well...proud of my heritage anyway. It's been years since I've been back to the homeland. 2004 I think it was. Maybe that's where I got it from too.
He was the titan of titans. If you think about it, the Relic, which he created, has a mini version of: Shoulder Charge, Fist of Havoc, Ward of Dawn, and even kind of Hammer of Sol with the super shot.

Ophelion

If I use my Warlock to decrypt these exotic engrams do I have a better chance of getting another classes gear? Really want that new Hunter helmet exotic. Or does it not matter at all?

Despite superstition on the matter, I've never seen any compelling evidence that it matters either way.

He was the titan of titans. If you think about it, the Relic, which he created, has a mini version of: Shoulder Charge, Fist of Havoc, Ward of Dawn, and even kind of Hammer of Sol with the super shot.

Guess that makes sense. Come to think of it, the Relic in VoG was titan themed, the Relic in CE was hunter themed. I wonder if we'll get a Warlock themed relic in KF...guess we'll find out soon enough.

Syril

I was thinking about getting the Insurmountable Skullfort that's available this week. It says it gives an extra melee stock and you always respawn with full melee energy. Does that mean you always respawn with two melee stocks?

30 mins is a long time at this if you're rolling good. Only takes 30 seconds(maybe less) to load in, pop 3oC, kill Draksis/yourself and repeat. If you get lucky heavy drops and you don't have to synth. Point is you don't necessarily need to grind for hours upon hours to get all that. I got 5 in 30 mins of my hour lunch break and that included me actually running through the mission and several tower trips. J/s.

Fair point. But get 5 exotic engrams total in 30 mins is a lot different to getting 5 alpha lupi and loads of others.

1 Saints helmet
5 Skullforts
2 Empyrean Bellicose
1 Taikonaut
2 Skyburners
1 Third man mask
2 Ruins Wings
1 No backup plans
2 ImmO fists
1 4th horseman
2 Telesto
1 Hereafter
2 jade rabits
1 hawkmoon
1 suros
2 Zhalos
1 inmost light

Wow!! You use 1 3 of coins each time? And what is scourge of winter?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I had the craziest thought right before I crashed last night. I never thought I'd be saying this, but for me personally I feel like TTK lived up to the hype even without the raid. If'n this one is good then hooooo boy
OB8GSle.gif

Lee

So correct me if I'm wrong but this raid is absolutely un-soloable. Every part has mechanics that require at least 2 or 3 people.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sealed Ahamkara Grasps verdict:

Smoke melee does NOT work (not even when using toxin), knife throw does work. Don't need a melee charge for the effect to proc. A regular melee works too. Pretty solid bonus overall. Let down it doesn't work on the smokes though.
What are you talking about? It does give you two smoke bombs

do you mean it doesn't trigger the primary reload lol

Stantron

I'm stuck at work until much later tonight. I really hope I can get home to take advantage of this before some type of hotfix/patch.
1) Has Bungie said anything about the exotic farming yet?
2) This is too lucrative not to get patched in some way right?

R0ckman

I had the craziest thought right before I crashed last night. I never thought I'd be saying this, but for me personally I feel like TTK lived up to the hype even without the raid. If'n this one is good then hooooo boy
OB8GSle.gif

Yeah, this is outstanding, the thing that disturbs me is how bad it makes vanilla look. The people in the tower were so DEAD compared to now. And since they didn't have all of Shaxx's voice work redone you can tell how bad and monotone he was.

Speaking of which, did they actually do anything to the cryptarch? Make him more trolly by giving him new lines? I thought I heard him randomly laughing at some other placers while I was in my vault.

neoism

Concerning the raid.

KxoZ's group got past the first true raid part.
Looks like two totems and a plate in middle. You need two people on each totem and two in middle. One of those two on totem has a mark that protects you as the totems are covered in poison. It lasts for about 30 seconds and then you lose the mark and have deathsinger powerx10. Other person there has mark, person with deathsinger goes to middle to charge a relic. person in middle goes to totem to be next to get the mark. you keep that up until done.

dqmn unstable and his group has been at it for like 2 hours... id much rather watch the raid first this game is aggravating as is.. it looks like it will take a while to get good at the raid also... hard mode lol...

Top Bottom