• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

That new Nightstalker meta though
rejoice.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uTDi6BHBQg&feature=youtu.be

i could get used to this, especially if people stop using rockets.

Ugh, that little roll is going to replace blink + shotgun isn't it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, this is outstanding, the thing that disturbs me is how bad it makes vanilla look. The people in the tower were so DEAD compared to now. And since they didn't have all of Shaxx's voice work redone you can tell how bad and monotone he was.

Speaking of which, did they actually do anything to the cryptarch? Make him more trolly by giving him new lines? I thought I heard him randomly laughing at some other placers while I was in my vault.
Yeah he's an extra crispy bastard now.

I don't mind that Cryptarch in the Reef so much though. Dunno why. Probably because he hates Rahool too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just quizzoting for this page. Even as a fan who was always optimistic about the game's future I'm really surprised I feel this way. Cannot waaait to dive in
I had the craziest thought right before I crashed last night. I never thought I'd be saying this, but for me personally I feel like TTK lived up to the hype even without the raid. If'n this one is good then hooooo boy
OB8GSle.gif

FyreWulff

We just completed the

totem and plates part

and are now decrypting the five billion engrams we have by taking turns going to the tower

www.twitch.tv/hedgey

this raid is REALLY good, and sadface for anyone that skips any part of it in the future

Did the Paradox mission. So good. First Destiny story mission that really stands out. I see replaying for fun even!

Was disappointed in the now official Kabr pronunciation, Kah-BEER. I always said it KAY-buhr.
If Kabr wanted it pronounced Ka-BEER, he should have had a vowel in there.

Just quizzoting for this page. Even as a fan who was always optimistic about the game's future I'm really surprised I feel this way. Cannot waaait to dive in

They haven't said anything about when the next expansion comes, but man, I need some time with this one first. Please not another December expansion, lol!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i'm guessing the 'fix' will be a timer on using the 3 of coins
Hopefully not too tough to implement, it's the most elegant solution. An oversight that it didn't have one to begin with, actually- consider focused light, ammo synths

IMO 3 of Coins is simply a totally great addition when used as intended though. Not totally reliable enough to blow all my coins on in favor of spending on what Xur may actually have, but totally worth having one to toss on for most of the strikes I plan to do in a week.

Great that faction up package reward of "one mote of light -_-" has become "5 motes AND 5 strange coins" plus blue engrams are like all over the place now and can be coins.
that would suck if you use it in a Strike hoping to kill a boss then the Randoms quit on you
It isn't consumed until you kill an ultra.

We mean a cooldown timer on using another one, not on how long you have to use it.

Yeah, this is outstanding, the thing that disturbs me is how bad it makes vanilla look. The people in the tower were so DEAD compared to now. And since they didn't have all of Shaxx's voice work redone you can tell how bad and monotone he was.

Speaking of which, did they actually do anything to the cryptarch? Make him more trolly by giving him new lines? I thought I heard him randomly laughing at some other placers while I was in my vault.

I guess nathan fillion is a cheap voicer actor compared to Peter Dinklage

LkPr

Hopefully not too tough to implement, it's the most elegant solution. An oversight that it didn't have one to begin with, actually- consider focused light, ammo synths

IMO 3 of Coins is simply a totally great addition when used as intended though. Not totally reliable enough to blow all my coins on in favor of spending on what Xur may actually have, but totally worth having one to toss on for most of the strikes I plan to do in a week.

Great that faction up package reward of "one mote of light -_-" has become "5 motes AND 5 strange coins" plus blue engrams are like all over the place now and can be coins.

agreed I really like the implementation of the 3 of coins. When used specifically in Strikes for example they will be great. And apparently they are already looking into a patch (via twitter)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I imagine he's also a little more game for it, too. He sounds like he is definitely having fun with the role.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nathan Fillion is having a damn blast with these lines. I'm much more positive about Reddick as Zavala, too
Cracks my ass up every time he's like "Yes, Eris, that's very nice, thank you"

Axoman

I agree with you. I'm sad I'm not able to raid today, I'm only 245 light, but there are so many things for me to do even without raiding.

I have to be honest and admit I'm jealous of friends that I've been playing with for a long time are way ahead of me and raiding now. I know they will show of all their riches to me and I'll get more jealous!

But, having so much to do outside of the raid eases that. I just don't like being behind and I've got to stop feeling that way.

Kade

Ended up buying The Impossible Machines from Xur and realized I am rolling in coins. Might end up buying some of the exotic helmet engrams. The exotic armour engrams still can give you armour for other classes right? Everyone I've talked to ended up getting compatible helmets but I want to make sure before I spend the coins.

k1t4j

SO guys I finished Petra and Variks quest line, finished Lost and Found but did not get a reward my friend in the Fireteam got an exotic weapon...

What gives?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nathan Fillion is having a damn blast with these lines. I'm much more positive about Reddick as Zavala, too
Cracks my ass up every time he's like "Yes, Eris, that's very nice, thank you"

I've always enjoyed Reddick as an actor since I first saw him in the Wire and then Fringe, but he reached total next fucking level status with his Eric Andre appearance:

Probably nsfw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaWa4ScfQXc

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I agree with you. I'm sad I'm not able to raid today, I'm only 245 light, but there are so many things for me to do even without raiding.

I have to be honest and admit I'm jealous of friends that I've been playing with for a long time are way ahead of me and raiding now. I know they will show of all their riches to me and I'll get more jealous!

But, having so much to do outside of the raid eases that. I just don't like being behind and I've got to stop feeling that way.
259 Light for me!

Hey I'm here to lead the "Fashionably Late Fireteam" into King's Fall when the time comes, don't you worry!
Praedyth was a weird dude, didn't always pronounce stuff correctly. Real talk, it's Cay-Brrrr
i'm shaking your hand over the internet right now is what I'm doing.

KxoZz

We are stuck at
Warpriest
. We know how to
damage him but we're only getting it 50% of the time.
Can anyone help? :/

gdt

Oh man I'm loving the good hype coming out the raid!

This 3 coin trick is nuts....won't be able to dig into it before they fix it I think.

Top Bottom