• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I haven't had much of a chance to play TTK yet... but I figured I'd log in and get some fresh stuff from XUR, and I got 'The Stag'. I'm guessing this is the new version of The Ram, and it makes me happy as it was the only helmet I didn't have prior to this. Starting out good Mr. Xur.

ocean

Banned
I don't understand why the heavy weapon legacy engram Xur is selling is by far the most expensive one. A year 1 weapon, that is only viable in PvP now, is the most expensive one? That doesn't make sense to me.
Makes sense if you consider it exists solely for collectors who are still missing some Year 1 stuff and wanna get it for completing their stash, literally no other use

Daemul

USE ONE THREE OF COINS AT A TIME. THE STACKING IN THE WORDING COMES FROM THE INCREASED LUCK YOU GET WHEN YOU FAIL TO GET AN EXOTIC FROM A COIN. THE NEXT COIN WILL HAVE A HIGHER CHANCE TO GIVE YOU AN EXOTIC.

So buy 5 of them but only use one at once? Ok.

How long does the bonus last?

USE ONE THREE OF COINS AT A TIME. THE STACKING IN THE WORDING COMES FROM THE INCREASED LUCK YOU GET WHEN YOU FAIL TO GET AN EXOTIC FROM A COIN. THE NEXT COIN WILL HAVE A HIGHER CHANCE TO GIVE YOU AN EXOTIC.

Good advice. I used three at once just for fun and got two blues from my first ultra kill! YES! Blues are better than exotics anyways, right?!

Mupod

wait, what?

The tooltip is extremely misleading then.

noomi

Used only two this morning, very confusing on how it's worded. It's lets you use as many as you want at once....

Ambitious

Anyone need taken champions on mars? I'll be trying to do some solo, psn jiza88

I'll join you. I need to kill two champions and five lieutenants.

edit: Goddammit, something came up literally five seconds after I posted this. Can't do this right now.

Does this actually work though on story missions? I did the daily mission with a friend today we had 2 three of coins stacked and after killing a few ultras nothing had dropped.

Time to test some of this out!

Here's a reddit thread on it. People seem to be getting stuff

Used only two this morning, very confusing on how it's worded. It's lets you use as many as you want at once....

It really should lock you out like telemetries.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

And probably a better chance if you're on a Vanguard Streak.

Tovarisc

is there a reason to do heroic strikes over the normal strikes?

Challenge I guess. Watched Broman & Co. farm some normals and then heroics, loot quality was equal between the two. Based on that I would argue that if you want loot fast you just run normals.

Lost too many coins in the fervor. Next week I'll only buy completely new exotics if he has any and a few engrams.

Three of coins seems like it could be worth it as well.

ocean

Banned
Not gonna be a Guinea pig. I'll let the community figure out the optimal way to use that Coin consumable before I waste them

noomi

Since we no longer receive strange coins from the weekly... I'm a bit more cautious on spending mine now.

Granted the last 2 days I've accumulated over 150+ from playing... but that's playing 10+ hours a day haha.

*hugs coins*

Thanks 3 of coins!

12033071_952817514756520_1943259019020781478_n.jpg

I should have purchased these :(

Daemul

just want to grind engrams lol so normal it is.

Court of Oryx is probably better for that. I got invited to a 9 man party farming it and got the bounty completed for Eris, which netted me my 300 Artifact, and got 30 engrams in the process, 5 of which were legendary.

So it is now all strange coins instead of motes of light for Xur? Hmm interesting.

Also is there any reason to keep a Y1 variant if it has a Y2 version?

I am popping so many helmet engrams--any reason why I shouldn't?

Court of Oryx is probably better for that. I got invited to a 9 man party farming it and got the bounty completed for Eris, which netted me my 300 Artifact, and got 30 engrams in the process, 5 of which were legendary.

i just left there because the guys who were with me bailed and i wasted a rune when the boss didn't die.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Uh getting Legendary Marks is annoying me. Can't do the high strikes because armor is shit and light is low.

My god... three of coins seems completely awesome. Bungie really did some amazing stuff with TTK.

It seems like people are getting weapons drops from the engrams, wonder if you can also get an exotic armor piece :D

I got year 2 gauntlets for my warlock.

I haven't started my Titan and Warlock alts yet. Is it better to hop on them to buy engrams for the helmet exotic or does Xur and Rahool not care about class when popping engrams?

I just got all of the YT 2 new exotic helmet for Hunter

Waldini

Yeah that's what I understood of how to use them.
Was curious because I was seeing people trying to stack them, but from what I've read from Bungie they stack with the last one you used not giving you an exotic engram, and they reset when you actually get one.
Makes sense that way.

Nah, you're good, you were to kill all these enemies in search of the medallion.
They cut some crap at the end and you find it before killing the 50 enemies, got the same thing happening to me.

Really? It did not show up :( Im rank 2,5 with the Queen though.

Top Bottom