• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Klyka

Banned
I had to show people that a sword > a chainsword

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B85uhGxiFrM

TOP OF THE PAGE SWORD HYYYYYPE!!!

O5I1v2U.jpg

ocean

Banned
I haven't started my Titan and Warlock alts yet. Is it better to hop on them to buy engrams for the helmet exotic or does Xur and Rahool not care about class when popping engrams?

I just got all of the YT 2 new exotic helmet for Hunter
It's still random but it seems to be a little more likely to get stuff for your current class.

KxoZz

Of course the cryptarchs don't sell gauntlet engrams... All I need is some gauntlets to replace my 285 ones.

Definity

Picked up the warlock gauntlets from xur and decoded an engram that turned out to be the stag helm. Crazy looking helm! Think I'm going to level the gauntlets first. I like having landfall for free on the stormcaller subclass.

Now to move on past 290.

ocean

Banned
So it is now all strange coins instead of motes of light for Xur? Hmm interesting.

Also is there any reason to keep a Y1 variant if it has a Y2 version?

I am popping so many helmet engrams--any reason why I shouldn't?
Well don't run all out.

Assume he'll have something good for all 3 classes next week + a weapon. You should save a cache of at least enough to afford all that, if you have enough coins to spare.

Also remember that the more Year 2 helms you get, the higher your chances for a repeat. Best to save for the inevitable chest or gauntlet engrams next week where you can start fresh again and have a lower risk of dupes.

Anyone want to help a noob with the heroic story mission? I need the marks to grab one last piece of loot before bed. PSN is madmike22089.

Liamc723

How does the stacking effect of a three of coins work? If I pop one and I don't get an exotic engram out of an ultra, does the stacking effect then come into affect and it makes it more likely to get an engram on my next ultra kill?

Well don't run all out.

Assume he'll have something good for all 3 classes next week + a weapon. You should save a cache of at least enough to afford all that, if you have enough coins to spare.

Also remember that the more Year 2 helms you get, the higher your chances for a repeat. Best to save for the inevitable chest or gauntlet engrams next week where you can start fresh again and have a lower risk of dupes.

Yea I'm stopping now since I only have 350 coins left. I am glad I have all the new hunter helmets, I have 1 of the new Titan helmet and now I'm about to see if I get any for my Warlock with these last 2 engrams

How does the stacking effect of a three of coins work? If I pop one and I don't get an exotic engram out of an ultra, does the stacking effect then come into affect and it makes it more likely to get an engram on my next ultra kill?

pop one, do the boss, nothing drops, pop one again as it staks, do the boss, rinse and reapeat

Definity

Was watching triple on twitch this morning and he was simply running the eye of a gate lord mission on NORMAL mode with the coin active. He is already up to 5 exotics that dropped.

ocean

Banned
Use one, kill Strike boss. If you didn't get anything, next time you use the item the next boss will have an even higher chance. Keep goin till you get an exotic.

That's my current understanding.

Daemul

i just left there because the guys who were with me bailed and i wasted a rune when the boss didn't die.

Yeah, if you're by yourself strikes are better, but fif you can get a 9 man group togther then CoO is the best spot ever for farming, Tier 3 events giving amazing loot.

My god... three of coins seems completely awesome. Bungie really did some amazing stuff with TTK.

It seems like people are getting weapons drops from the engrams, wonder if you can also get an exotic armor piece.

Check out this dude getting 2 engrams to drop at once :eek:

http://xboxclips.com/Dontcallmee/709bce04-c6c9-44ce-9144-f47d50744018

Scourge of Winter already paying out. Get in there now people before Bungie patch it.

shem935

Banned
Court of Oryx is probably better for that. I got invited to a 9 man party farming it and got the bounty completed for Eris, which netted me my 300 Artifact, and got 30 engrams in the process, 5 of which were legendary.

Which eris quest is this?

Shito

My god... three of coins seems completely awesome. Bungie really did some amazing stuff with TTK.

It seems like people are getting weapons drops from the engrams, wonder if you can also get an exotic armor piece.

Check out this dude getting 2 engrams to drop at once :eek:

http://xboxclips.com/Dontcallmee/709bce04-c6c9-44ce-9144-f47d50744018
So that Draksis farming method actually works?
Damn, I know where my coins and my time will get into...

Really? It did not show up :( Im rank 2,5 with the Queen though.
I've read I here that you need to be rank 3 with her, I think...

[EDIT]

Scourge of Winter already paying out. Get in there now people before Bungie patch it.
Yep, you're reading my mind right now. ^^

Klyka

Banned
Was watching triple on twitch this morning and he was simply running the eye of a gate lord mission on NORMAL mode with the coin active. He is already up to 5 exotics that dropped.

Sigh, I hate stuff like that so much.

It being ANY Ultra is the dumbest fucking thing ever and just means exotics won't be special in the least bit anymore.

Well technically Xur already makes them all pretty mundane :(

Yeah, if you're by yourself strikes are better, but fif you can get a 9 man group togther then CoO is the best spot ever for farming, Tier 3 events giving amazing loot.

Do I just go there and constantly kill myself at the end with the boss?

Jinjo

Genious. Going to do this tonight, while watching UnstabIe's raid stream. (not high enough light yet :()

It being ANY Ultra is the dumbest fucking thing ever and just means exotics won't be special in the least bit anymore.

Destiny is ALL about perks now. Exotics are still the best loot in the game because of that. Numbers mean even less than they did last year so zots are the least mundane gear in the game.

Klyka

Banned
Another party member in his team has seen 7 exotic drops out of 20 coins.
New loot cave?

How can Bungie not see this happening?
Like, how did they not make the coin with like "strike bosses" or "heroic strike bosses" as a requirements and not just "lol,any ultra,lol"

Destiny is ALL about perks now. Exotics are still the best loot in the game because of that. Numbers mean even less than they did last year so zots are the least mundane gear in the game.

I meant special as in "everyone has everything the game"

EL CUCO

Was he just popping one at a time, or stacking multiple?

Well seems like there are already several "cheesing" methods for the three of coins. Im gonna try to do them today before bungie patches it. I dont have enough coins to buy lots of engrams or directly from xur. I think i have less than 200, not good.

ocean

Banned

Exotics have never been rare if that's what you mean. Xur sold every single weapon twice or more, and all the armor except the Ram.

You can't judge something's utility or how cool it is by its rarity when everything is just random.

Now a skill reward? That's different. Make an Exotic which requires a time trial solo flawless raid or something. That's a trophy.

But this is a game where everybody ultimately gets everything because nothing is hard and if you can't farm it you cheese it. Might as well embrace that and consider items for their worth beyond rarity.

Daemul

Do I just go there and constantly kill myself at the end with the boss?

Yep, weaken the boss from afar then when he's about to die pop a Three of Coins, equip your gally or any other rocket and then kill the boss and yourself at the same time. Any engrams that drop will still be on the floor when you respawn.

Ozone

Looking forward to paying Xur a visit tonight. I'm only at 213, so the coins + an exotic helmet engram could really help out.

Top Bottom