• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yo goddamn gat damn

in the hour following Xur's arrival I went from 220 to 259 light

vanguard streak bonus + three of coins + smart engram usage = sweet as fuck

Equipped an Exotic helm then did 5 strikes in a row with a three of coins on each.

There is actually also a very small bit of mix-maxing for Light progression that we haven't discussed yet that I've seen; the order in which you decrypt engrams can be taken advantage of if you have a large stack. I will add it to the guide I did

First of shout out to the Skyburner from Xur engram again
CPLMfUvUAAAHIB6.jpg:orig
Equip a high-ammo MG and fire into a crowd of thralls I dare you. it makes orbs and charges your own. try it

Need a Corrective Measure alike. But just for fun imma make a Super Good Advice build with it

Wallach got this fucking beast from his primary exotic engram
yeah that's an arc damage primary btw yeah with mini bad juju perk and chain lighting yeah im jelly

My exotic gauntlet engram became

okay hold up

no wait hold up

what? yes correct DOUBLE SMOKE BOMBS

what you know bout year 2 monte carlo son? gonna stick with that envenom perk and use smoke bombs as my primary weapon psshhhhh

Bonus blue primary engram turned intooooo
fireflyyyy omolon I love you so much

oh and a legendary gauntlet engram too (but the 290 in the gaunlet slot is serving me better for the time minutes). I stashed all the blues I got that were higher light than my apple of discord but lower than my new scout and will use them to infuse the apple when i gots the marks

okay time to sleep for a couple hours

didn't even get my sword yet, so much to do

yo destiny's the fucking best i'll fite you right now. goodnight gaf

Jezabel

Impossible machines and got the stag from the engram!

Time to run the NF and use a coin, fingers crossed! If that doesn't work I'll run 4-5 strikes.

Does the strike chain method work for heroic as well?

ocean

Banned
Remember first time Xur came and he sold Coins for glimmer but only once per character per week? People would start a character go to the tower buy a coin, delete the character and repeat. Patched out in hours.

They've never again reacted so quickly to anything but I'd say farm this cheese now :p wish I were home for the madness

Mr Goldenmyer

Neo Member
Oh man I got the Astronaut helmet for my titan AND the Supercell!! Xur has been really kind to me, I was PRAYING I got the supercell, I didn't even know it was an arc primary

Bizazedo

It being ANY Ultra is the dumbest fucking thing ever and just means exotics won't be special in the least bit anymore.

(
Agree. I mean, I am going to abuse it, but it is still really dumb that a level 14 drops that kind of loot with the coin.

Shito

Remember first time Xur came and he sold Coins for glimmer but only once per character per week? People would start a character go to the tower buy a coin, delete the character and repeat. Patched out in hours.

They've never again reacted so quickly to anything but I'd say farm this cheese now :p wish I were home for the madness
Yep, I'm starting right now. :D
Bought 30 ToC and let's pay a visit to that old friend Draksis...

ocean

Banned
Eris hasn't given me the CoO quest :s I've heard it's supposed to pop up when you give her the 5 collectibles from Dreadnaught but I did that day 1 and nothing

Please don't say you need a high rank with her, only rank 3 on my TTK main

MaxBill1908

Neo Member
I am patrolling on earth to kill the champions but there is not one else. No other players. Anyone else meeting no other players? I am on Xbone.

Edit: taken champions

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So how is Xur working now? Was Cosmos's post accurate, a piece of armor for each class and either a weapon or armor engram?
either a weapon or some type of engram (don't know if it can only be armor but good chance), a legacy engram (this week heavy) that fills in gaps in your year 1 collection, and 280 armor pieces per class

this week is a helm engram

ocean

Banned
So how is Xur working now? Was Cosmos's post accurate, a piece of armor for each class and either a weapon or armor engram?
Year 2 skullfort, young Ahamkara's spine and a TTK gauntlet for Warlocks + Year 2 helm engrams on sale. Also year 1 heavy weapon Engram

Eris hasn't given me the CoO quest :s I've heard it's supposed to pop up when you give her the 5 collectibles from Dreadnaught but I did that day 1 and nothing

Please don't say you need a high rank with her, only rank 3 on my TTK main

I can say with reasonable confidence that you can get the quest without any of those requirements. I havent given her 5 calcified fragments nor am i rank 3 with her and she has given me the quest. Im pretty sure you just have to keep doing the quests and she'll give it to you.

ocean

Banned
I can say with reasonable confidence that you can get the quest without any of those requirements. I havent given her 5 calcified fragments nor am i rank 3 with her and she has given me the quest. Im pretty sure you just have to keep doing the quests and she'll give it to you.
I'm done with all the Taken War quests. Did every story mission. Next step is literally go kill Oryx.

Parallel to that I have Petra (lost and found) and Variks (fallen on every planet) bounties pending, gotta get Crucible sword kills and the shotgun step for Chaperone. Think I did everything else :/

Cant even find online why I don't have this CoO quest and it's frustrating because my Artifact is holding me back and that quest ends up with a 300 one.

Wallach

Zhalo Supercell is glorious. I just held down the trigger for like ten straight seconds without reloading and got over half a super.

Zoidberg

What are the chances the 3 of coins are updated or "fixed" today?

Might be hard for them to. I'd say maybe they will remove the chance for story bosses to, and leave it just as strikes, but they're all classified as ultras so it may be hard to differentiate at loot time.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Zhalo Supercell is glorious. I just held down the trigger for like ten straight seconds without reloading and got over half a super.

I thought that was one of the better looking year 2 exotic weapons, how did you get it?

hydruxo

Finally finished the Petra and Variks quests for my Boolean Gemini this morning, then got Gravitron Forfeit, Y2 Saint-14, Y2 Third Man, and Impossible Machines. I'm ready for the raid today :)

Also, I love being able to see what people get from their engrams at Rahool now. That was a nice addition. I watched this poor guy decode like 10 legacy engrams and get Truth 7 times lmao.

ocean

Banned
Might be hard for them to. I'd say maybe they will remove the chance for story bosses to, and leave it just as strikes, but they're all classified as ultras so it may be hard to differentiate at loot time.
I think it would be fairly easy for them to tie Exotic engrams to level 36+ Ultras. Just hope they don't do it in the next 4 hours like the last time people abused Xur :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so what is this whole gate lord thing?

i booted up the gatelord 3 times with the thing on each time and nothing dropped.

3 whole times wow ;)

kill gatelord kill yourself so you just respawn, eat another three of coins, kill again kill self

every "miss" increases your chance of a "hit" on the next 3oC
Triple is using the buff after 5 kills.
wahat? 5 kills without it on?

Triple is using the buff after 5 kills.

5 kills of what - random vex?

3 whole times wow ;)

kill gatelord kill yourself so you just respawn, eat another three of coins, kill again kill self

every "miss" increases your chance of a "hit" on the next 3oC
wahat? 5 kills without it on?

Fast turnaround on killing the boss. This and the winters lair strike are the best ways to farm ultras.

you guys aren't making sense.

Top Bottom