• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I don't get it.

I've killed him a bunch of times already both with and without the buff and nothing has happened.

The buff is not guaranteed, you keep killing him and yourself while consuming a three of coins before each kill and you'll eventually get an exotic engram.

flkraven

Spent 250 coins on engrams. Got the spaceman helmet and another animal helm for the warlock. The rest were upgraded over year 1 versions.

So I'm almost light level 260 but my ghost is dragging me down at 215. Is that the consensus choice on what I should spend my marks on?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Spent 250 coins on engrams. Got the spaceman helmet and another animal helm for the warlock. The rest were upgraded over year 1 versions.

So I'm almost light level 260 but my ghost is dragging me down at 215. Is that the consensus choice on what I should spend my marks on?

Yes. The vanguard shell is a good buy, has wormspore extractor as well. It's the only thing I've bought with marks so far outside of infusion

Did the scourge of winter exotic farming, got three. Someone asked earlier if it's just weapons, I can confirm it includes armor as well. I got an exotic gauntlet engram to drop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you guys aren't making sense.
well I made sense, just kill the gatelord with a three of coins equipped and kill yourself before the mission ends so you can just do it again.

I don't know what the benefit of only using one every 5 kills would be. I think you'd want to use one every time.

every time you use a three of coins and don't get an engram, it increases the chances that your next one will.
He's killing the Gatelord. And waiting after he killed him 5 times before using the buff again.

http://www.twitch.tv/triplewrecktv
Okay, why?
No, he gets an exotic 1 in every 5 kills on average. Each time buffing.
Yes

Posted in the wrong thread lol. I'm tired.

Got Graviton Forfeit. Happy Days! Got 290 versions of MotTM and Nighthalk, so something for all the subclasses.

Cruxist

Damn. I have to work today, so I'm sure the Gatelord farm will be patched by the time I'm home.

Can't believe it works like that though... Kind of ridiculous.

ocean

Banned
Ok forget the Eris CoO quest since I can't figure out why she won't give it to me

Can I at least enter the Court without that quest?

Can't seem to push past 287 light :/ I'm thinking CoO drops might help.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe how this TLW quest is designed. I can't believe they let you lose progress. I can't believe you have to use a gun that was just nerfed into uselessness.

I just cannot fucking believe it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lucky fig i want that graviton

Don't even have Shadestep unlocked on my skill tree, but now I can do it anyway. :D
;_;!
Wait, now i dont understand it either.
Why is he waiting to kill the gate lord 5 times before using the three of coins?
that makes no sense to me at all either. Maybe a misunderstanding?
Attempt #5 for me and nothing yet.
guys it's still random, though it should eventually shake out to a point where we know a rough maximum number of them you can use before seeing an exotic. just understand that 5 is not going to be that maximum.

either a weapon or some type of engram (don't know if it can only be armor but good chance), a legacy engram (this week heavy) that fills in gaps in your year 1 collection, and 280 armor pieces per class

this week is a helm engram

Not bad. Do the engrams roll higher than 280?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Ok forget the Eris CoO quest since I can't figure out why she won't give it to me

Can I at least enter the Court without that quest?

Can't seem to push past 287 light :/ I'm thinking CoO drops might help.

You don't need the quest to place runes in the CoO, and yeah I got some good drops on the higher tiers. It pushed me into the 290's after spending 45 mins there last night.

noomi

I can't believe how this TLW quest is designed. I can't believe they let you lose progress. I can't believe you have to use a gun that was just nerfed into uselessness.

It's a frustrating quest, reminds me a lot of what we went through with the Thorn in year one... expect this one seems way more difficult.

Got it done last night thankfully

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

kills don't have to actually be with TLW, you just need it equipped

Top Bottom