• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Shito

Hahahaha, Oryx's
body slowly floating in space after being defeated
Those small details...

Also:

Bungie ‏@Bungie 1 minute ago
Please stand by for official World First confirmation. Consulting Bungie User Research. Hold... Hold...

Dear Bungie,

We have had 3 loot rolls from the Raid so far and no one got anything useful. No armour or food weapons.

Just materials and other useless crap.

7 hours played with garbage to show for it.

I thought you guys were making raid loot better?

Sincerely,
Annoyed as Fuck

MrDaravon

Dear Bungie,

We have had 3 loot rolls from the Raid so far and no one got anything useful. No armour or food weapons.

Sincerely,
Annoyed as Fuck

I was afraid of this, I remember VoG having the same issue day one. I wasn't around for CE, not sure if it had that problem or not. Bummer to hear though.

Homeboyd

Interesting, haven't take a look at the database dump yet.
I have no problem spoiling myself watching streams, but somehow I find data mining boring. :D
Yeah I'm just talking with friends who've made it through some CPs and all their weapons have it. No datamining here.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dear Bungie,

Sincerely,
Annoyed as Fuck

And that is why I am farming the hell out of exotics.

One, I have to put these coins to use. No use in keeping so many of them. Two, if I raid for hours and get nothing I will be salty too.

Klyka

Banned
Thanks for the great raid group guys, can't believe I got to kill the first two bosses on day 1 :D

Got the chestpiece for it too

E92 M3

Don't want to read the thread due to some spoilers, but have to say: Telesto has become one of my favorite weapons in Destiny and the raid is soooo good. They put in so much work.

Much love to Bungie.

Jinjo

Pretty impressive to watch. Loved the end where
Oryx is just floating in space. Very cool. Tempted to get this now

Do it man. We can raid next week! :p Only caught glimpses here and there from the raid but it looks like their best effort yet.

Dunlop

Bout to do the Oryx final mission on my sons character if anyone needs to do it or is bored :p

Already did the fight on my Warlock so I just want to get past it asap lol

PS4 Dunlop75

neoism

Repost of how to easily farm Draksis for people just starting on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXe2HTZu8I

You can also just run up to him and yolo rocket him, but I find this method to have been the most effective and consistent for me. Sometimes he would not go after you and teleport to the middle, then going all the way to the right of the room: just run up to him there and do your usual thing.
Protip: wait for him to get close, and when he starts his stomp animation hug him and shoot the rocket.
If somehow you kill him but survive, IMMEDIATLY go back to orbit, you have just enough time to do so before the timer kicks in, which would erase your checkpoint.
Happy farming time, fellow guardians! :3
guess i messed up by picking them up everytime...

Shito

guess i messed up by picking them up everytime...
From what I've seen by leaving them on the ground versus fucking up by picking them up by mistakes / killing Draksis without killing me, forcing me to orbit, this doesn't change much really...
I just liked having them stack up on the ground like that. :3

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So raid so far is like Skolas and Hard Crota all over again in terms of length for first timers.

I just got a purple from Drak so I guess he drops all colors.

Arrrammis

Is there anywhere I can get a good ghost shell or artifact? Everything I have is 287+, but those two are stuck at 275. I could buy a 280 shell, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Namikaze1

Been here for an hour. No clue what to do.
We're taking a break and finishing it off tomorrow. Hopefully. Well, Math and I are done. I'm starving and a family emergency came up so I had to bail. Doesn't help that my mic died while my ps4 was telling me my ds4 is almost dead.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is there anywhere I can get a good ghost shell or artifact? Everything I have is 287+, but those two are stuck at 275. I could buy a 280 shell, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

They drop but it's super rare. It's better to buy the 280 and hope you get a blue drop that is higher to infuse with because that's what happened with me.

Anastasis

I probably won't ever have the time to prepare and do a blind launch day raid again, but the 5 hours I played with you gaffers were awesome.

Top Bottom