• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Shito

Is there anywhere I can get a good ghost shell or artifact? Everything I have is 287+, but those two are stuck at 275. I could buy a 280 shell, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Goth got
a nice ghost shell from the raid
I *think* it is 300 but didn't see it correctly -- it is very pretty at least.
He also got
a 310 artifact from completing that raid quest from Eris

arimanius

Did 10 three of coins and got 1 arms and 1 primary weapon. Need to farm more strange coins. Lol

Edit: Monte Carlo and no backup plans.

Hedge

What light level do you have to be, to be able to do Court of Oryx rank 3? I'm at 268 now, and I need to find higher level heavies to infuse into my sword to bring it up to standard. D:

purg3

slept with Malkin
Tiesto get! And I think I'm done with this, going to save some strange coins in the bank. Not bad though, went through about 200 and got a ton of gear.

shermas

Is there ANY reason to keep a year 1 exotic in our vault? I should probably just shard them, right? More exotic shards, at least.

edit: If we get the year 2 version, I mean. I think I'm gonna buy the Year 2 St 14... I should just dismantle the Year 1, right?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is there ANY reason to keep a year 1 exotic in our vault? I should probably just shard them, right? More exotic shards, at least.

edit: If we get the year 2 version, I mean. I think I'm gonna buy the Year 2 St 14... I should just dismantle the Year 1, right?

PVP, and I'd keep any that there aren't year 2 versions of just in case.

k1t4j

This engram farming spot is amazing.

Zhalo Super cell

Jade Rabit

4th Horseman

Invective

2xObsidian Mind

Stag

2xLight beyond Nemesis

Celestial Nighthawk

3xHelm of inmost light

Also I noticed that the same exotics can roll with different abilities which is pretty cool

and the in the NF i got 10 strange coins.......

This engram farming spot is amazing.

Zhalo Super cell

Jade Rabit

4th Horseman

Invective

2xObsidian Mind

Stag

2xLight beyond Nemesis

Celestial Nighthawk

3xHelm of inmost light

Also I noticed that the same exotics can roll with different abilities which is pretty cool

and the in the NF i got 10 strange coins.......

What was your spot? Eye of the gate lord or Draksis?

Klyka

Banned
I can't believe how fucking satisfying this raid so far is.
When my group downed the first two bosses....just....man, that was something.

Fantastic fucking feeling and community, love it!
Sorry to my group if I was a bit too hyped on the mic all the time XD

neoism

From what I've seen by leaving them on the ground versus fucking up by picking them up by mistakes / killing Draksis without killing me, forcing me to orbit, this doesn't change much really...
I just liked having them stack up on the ground like that. :3

ok cool thought it was part of the trick or something lol id be to afraid of my net going out with all that shit on the ground...
:p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not hating the radium flake grind on the dreadnaught all that much. I've gotten a ton of rep, XP for my gear, a bunch of engrams, learning a bit of the Dreadnaught, and seen tons of secrets... a couple random lore things, lots and lots of chests or locks that need a something, and
a chest I CAN unlock but with a slow interact bubble in a room that drains your health too fast to open it! How do I solve this one? Can Defender Titans do it in a bubble? Crazy.
Also, I came across a huge group of randoms, summoning really tough enemies and getting into Public Events- is that the Court of Oryx? I joined up with them randomly and keep running into them now and again as I run around the place. pretty cool :) just wish a chest every now and then would give 2 flakes, sheesh. Thought that was fixed long ago.
Is that faster then crota end?
Nope. Crota's end was 6 hours on the dot.

Yo, raid question.
What the hell are you supposed to do for the Wizards?

I didn't watch the entire stream of Goth's so I'll assume it's the ones before Oryx. If that is the case they did the following. They had 4 different people jump on the pedestals in the corners, and then invisible platforms will appear starting from the back and going counterclock wise. Someone will have their screen be black and white when this round starts. That person has to jump on the invisible platforms and gather little light balls on each invisible platform. once they get to the end their screen will return to normal. You then have to jump onto the wizard platform that isn't surrounded in light I think. When the person who got all the light orbs gets on that platform it will give them the option to hold square and drop the relic or something. This will envelope that person in a shield the wizards can't damage. That person then jumps down and everyone gathers in and does DPS on the wizard. The wizard eventually will regain it's immunity then you repeat from the start and someone new will have the black/white screen I think. Hope that answered your question!

BraXzy

God damn the second boss is crazy hard like Im really stumped on how to approach this.
We were getting the buff and doing 500k crits per sniper shot and when we died he wasn't even 10% down.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
5 legit 3oC kills so far, no yellows. GRUMBLE

I didn't watch the entire stream of Goth's so I'll assume it's the ones before Oryx. If that is the case they did the following. They had 4 different people jump on the pedestals in the corners, and then invisible platforms will appear starting from the back and going counterclock wise. Someone will have their screen be black and white when this round starts. That person has to jump on the invisible platforms and gather little light balls on each invisible platform. once they get to the end their screen will return to normal. You then have to jump onto the wizard platform that isn't surrounded in light I think. When the person who got all the light orbs gets on that platform it will give them the option to hold square and drop the relic or something. This will envelope that person in a shield the wizards can't damage. That person then jumps down and everyone gathers in and does DPS on the wizard. The wizard eventually will regain it's immunity then you repeat from the start and someone new will have the black/white screen I think. Hope that answered your question!

That helps, but
spawning the little orbs is our issue

Anyone wanna help take down boss #3 for the Taken War: Earth quest? We're trying to kill the one in the rocket yard, but it's not easy with just two of us. Add PewPewPewBow on PSN.

Hedge

5 legit 3oC kills so far, no yellows. GRUMBLE

Likewise. I used them in strikes to see if it made any difference, and I haven't really gotten any. After they nerf it, I doubt it'll make any difference. I think people are seeing a great turn out because of the speed they can use it, not because it is particularly potent. Culling the effect is the wrong way to nerf it.

Top Bottom